Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Small Campaign and Unit subMod (S.C.U.M.) V2.1 + V2.2

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Small Campaign and Unit subMod (S.C.U.M.) V2.1 + V2.2

It appears that due to DBMs 3 custom campaigns and the fact that you cant choose custom campaigns for hotseat, it wont be possible to make the single player features i have added into multiplayer. however you will still have all of the units in the game, just there will be the senate and there will be black land. Everything i tried either didnt do anything or resulted in a crash during the loading screen. sorry about that

Oh my,thank you very much.
    I think that the only problem would be with the .tga file of the imperial campaign.

ahh. I guess the easiest way would be if you were to do it yourself for now, though in future releases ill make it a-standard that the .tga from single player is in the imperial campaign

It'd really great mate,'cause your work is fantastic.
    I've managed to create an hotseat in my home city with my friends and we're all using your mod.
    I'll try to manually change the .tga file,wouldn't be the first time i do that so shouldn't be too difficult.If you want after i do that i could upload it for you,though i don't think it is of that importance,ahhahaha.
    Cheers,mate!

i tested it lastnight. just transfer the .tga from the custom campaigns and it should work. im not sure how to input S.C.U.M. scripts, with them not seeming to work and all.
    i wish you and your friends good luck - make sure non of you destroy Rome haha

Thank you

Will this be compatible with DBM 1.1?

it would take some work, but i will try when 1.1 comes out

the Legio Italica I and legio italica first cohort have a serious problem. They cannot fight. They just stood there, is this a bug ? Please help, i really like these 2 units and the submod kinda ruin it up ??

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

One question by me:
    Do the legionary spearmen use animations other than vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by cheburashka307 View Post
    the Legio Italica I and legio italica first cohort have a serious problem. They cannot fight. They just stood there, is this a bug ? Please help, i really like these 2 units and the submod kinda ruin it up ??
    ill look into this

edit: i think it might be something related to the animation. possibly disturbed due to the fact that the legionary spearmen unit is based on legio italica. ill work on this in the very near future hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    One question by me:
    Do the legionary spearmen use animations other than vanilla?
    they are a mixed bag. i was playing around with animation types, and somehow i combined the triarii fighting animation with a hoplite stance which explains why they will hold spears over their heads at random intervals.

im actually interested in peoples opinion on whether i should keep it like this or have the animation as the vanilla spearmen
    Last edited by ipwnu678; June 27, 2014 at 04:23 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnu678 View Post
    they are a mixed bag. i was playing around with animation types, and somehow i combined the triarii fighting animation with a hoplite stance which explains why they will hold spears over their heads at random intervals.im actually interested in peoples opinion on whether i should keep it like this or have the animation as the vanilla spearmen
    I don't play this mod but I am working on Titanium submod of SS.
    I am sort of discomfited that very few people seem to share my opinion about the particulars of fighting with a spear -and a shield- from a tight formation.
    I quite honestly can't imagine any other way to compromise the thrusts of a spear with the cover of a shield and the inability to individually maneuver left, right or backwards due to comrades standing shoulder-to-shoulder and nostril-to-neck, than overhand thrusts.
    What really winds me up is that nobody of those who can manipulate animations' files thought of coming up with a set of animations to combine the shield wall with the ability of the second line of soldiers to provide assistance to the first line.
    I'm talking about a two or three line overhand phalanx.
    I would have to put my current projects aside and learn from nothing a totally new skill (animations) in order to do that myself.
    I did download the SCUM submod though but I did not see distinct (non-vanilla) names for the animations in the BMDB that's why I asked.
    Would be great if you would make the effort to compile such a set of animations.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Would be great if you would make the effort to compile such a set of animations.
    im afraid i know nothing about animating, maybe one day in the far future but..

Jpwnu678 Why does the Ferrata Legionaries have the same thing on top of their helmet? Could you remove it? Btw great sub mod!

Like they have long tails on top their helmets?

You mean the plumes that are similar to Hastati and Principes? The way I see it, Ferrata are depicted as early legionaries in De Bello Mundi. That is, the very first Marian troops. These troops would have retained a similar style to the republican troops with chainmail and a helmet with plumes. I personally like this unit the way it is, though i have been considering working on an armour upgrade system similar to vanilla total war where the legions start with early equipment and eventually have lorica segmenta at top level (which would mean no plumes)

I was wondering JP if you would release a version where the plumes would be removed, in your next textures release. Because I have been playing Roma Surrectum and S.P.Q.R mod for RTW, and I hadn't seen any plumes in top of the Ferrata helmets in that mod...

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Help!

I don't understand the install instructions, once I've downloaded them, do I then zip them and put them into the DBM folder under units?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinoSwagger View Post
    I was wondering JP if you would release a version where the plumes would be removed, in your next textures release. Because I have been playing Roma Surrectum and S.P.Q.R mod for RTW, and I hadn't seen any plumes in top of the Ferrata helmets in that mod...
    I'm not saying that Ferrata did have plumes historically, but for the time period Ferrata is captured from, it is likely that legionaries then did
    But sure, I'll work on that
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Help!

I don't understand the install instructions, once I've downloaded them, do I then zip them and put them into the DBM folder under units?
    When you download the submod, you'll get a zip file called "Small Campaign and Unit subMod (S.C.U.M.) V2.1" or "Small Campaign and Unit subMod (S.C.U.M.) V2.2"

Inside of these folders are either images and/or text files. There is also a folder called "DBM" in both 2.1 and 2.2, and in all versions of the submod. To install, simply place the "DBM" folder into here: "Medieval II Total War > mods"

As long as you installed De Bello Mundi in the DBM folder, all should work.

Make sure you replace all!

can you please help me to fix the Legio Italica and its first cohort ? they won't fight when charging at the enemy and they just stood there, for its first cohort, everytime the legio I first cohort throw their pilum, the game ctd :| i want to have them to be playable in the campaign. for now i just play with legio victrix and delete legio I italica from the building roster because they do not work in battle

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast