Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Small Campaign and Unit subMod (S.C.U.M.) V2.1 + V2.2

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Icon6 Small Campaign and Unit subMod (S.C.U.M.) V2.1 + V2.2

What is S.C.U.M.?

The "Small Campaign and Unit subMod" is a little mod I've been working on in my spare time. I decided to tailor De Bello Mundi to my own liking, and in doing so i thought maybe i should share my work with others!

Let me just be clear on the fact that you should create a backup of your entire DBM mod. I aren't going too far in the direction of historical accuracy in some areas, though I am quite fond of the British legions due to the fact that I am British so don't expect too much change to these units!

I would very much like suggestions, especially based on units that aren't of the Roman factions!

V2.1 Description

I know I said this update would be save game compatible, but I got a load of new unit ideas. One of these ideas is finished and in this version. Another reason for the non-save game compatibility is because the senate is no longer in the game. Yes, I have removed that annoying purple blotch in the centre of Italy that keeps getting given land by your latin allies. The conversion idea is still in place but now you own Rome. Read the change log for more information on the changes.

Inside of the ZIP file you will find screenshots of the units that were modified in some way with every version of this mod but also banners you can use in support of the submod.

V2.2 Description

This update is save game compatible. There are a few changes in terms of textures for example shield textures and clothing textures for the early Romans. I also replaced one of the models for the artillery which i was testing things with that was mistakenly put into the 2.1 update.

You will find all of the changes in the change log below.
    Please note that you need V2.1 installed before installing V2.2

Links

V2.1: S.C.U.M. submod download V2.1

V2.2: S.C.U.M. submod download V2.2

Legio I Italica/Legionary Spearmen fix

Installation

Just place the DBM folder into your mods area, let it overwrite everything, or do it manually. I suggest you do it manually, that way you can
    CREATE BACKUPS at the same time!

Screenshots

Please note that this is just a few units!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Legionary Spearmen

Legio I Italica

Legio I Minervia

Legio II Augusta

Legio VI Ferrata

Legio VI Victrix

Legio IX Hispania

Legio X Gemina

Legio X Gemina (crest)

Legio XV Apollinaris

(please note that the red clothing in this unit is now green)

Legio XV Apollinaris (Crest)

Legio XXII Primigenia

Polybian Heavy Principes

Polybian Republican Guards

Polybian Velites

Praetorian Cohort

Version

The current version is 2.1, patched with 2.2

Help!

Give me ideas!

News

I've managed to fix the animations with Legio I Italica and the Legionary Spearmen.
    I'll release the fixed animations as soon as I can.

I have gained permission from Midnite to include his Spartan unit. I will include this in the version of S.C.U.M. that patches to the next De Bello Mundi version.
    Possible future plans:

- Ryse: son of rome legionaries

- Legionary Armour upgrades (chainmail+scale+early legionary helms>Lorica+chainmail+scale>+arm guard
    +chainmail+scale)

Definite future plans:

- Legionary Cavalry

- Early Praetorians

- Campaign UI update
    FEEDBACK ON THESE IDEAS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! Don't forget to suggest your own ideas!

V2.2 Change Log

Romani:

- Refined shields

I have noted that on some polybian infantry shields, the top iron parts were falling off the model. Not only have i fixed this, but instead of there being 2 totally red shield textures, one of these have been made into a new yellow shield almost identical to one of the red shield textures (only yellow..)

- New Polybian clothing

I have edited the Polybian clothing except the red clothing. The white tunic is now yellow and the brown sleeves are now white with a Red and Yellow pattern across the 3/4 mark of the sleeve.

- New signifer banner

Legio VI Victrix now has the standard used by its reenactment group that the shield is based on.

V2.1 Change Log

Universal Changes

- Removed S.P.Q.R

Yes, that annoying purple blob in the middle of your empire that your latin allies keep giving territory is no more! Now YOU alone can be the ruler of Rome by either being Romani or by simply taking it from the Romani. (You can still convert allies to be latin, I have some plans for this.)

- "Rebel Attack" script removed

This does 2 things: speeds turn time up, and it means that every few turns you aren't being attacked.

- Removed black map

I have removed the unexplored blackness of the map. This was inspired by a "let's play" of DBM and brought to life 100% by "Post Hoc"

- New sprites for ALL nations.

At this point, I am not sure whether this has deleted the sprites altogether and replaced them with actual models or if they are actually sprites because they seem so un-sprite-like

Romani:

- New battle UI

I have edited the battle UI for both normal UI and minimal UI. This is basically a re-release of "xxxMoRaVexxx"s work though he didn't do a minimal UI version, so the minimal UI is 100% mine. I plan playing around with his campaign map UI in future. His "end turn" button is incorporated, I added the missing glow effect to it

- New Legio I Minervia & Legio VI Ferrata Shield

I have edited the Legio I Minervia shield to look like that of an eagle cohort from Rome: 2 Total War. Thanks to the guy on the R2TW forums for that! I have also edited Legio VI Ferrata's shield to the original red Apollinaris shield but with arrows added

- Marian legionary change

Legio V Alaudae and Legio VI Ferrata are now avaliable in Augustus' reforms. Legio I Minervia is now avaliable in the Marian reforms onward

- Legio IX Hispania

This legion can now be recruited in Britannia and Hispania as it should be

- Fixed unit info panel images size

This was done in the 2.0 hotfix

- New unit cards for 3 units

Republican Guard (and First Cohort), Legio I Minervia and Legio VI Ferrata have new unit cards.

- New unit

I have created a unit for my play style: 4 battle lines. spearmen 1st, infantry (preferably pila-armed) 2nd, archers 3rd, artillary 4th - yes, i know, very generic! This unit I have created is entitled "Legionary Spearmen", and they are literally that: Legionaries armed with Triarii "Hasta".

V2.0 Change Log

Universal Changes

- Date system changed

I have replaced the Roman "A.u.C" year dating system with Christian "B.C." and "A.D." to stop confusion about what year it actually is (this is my personal opinion)

- Minimap/border changes

I have made it so that territory has no borders - now you can see how large your great empire is without big fat lines dividing all of the settlements up

Unit Changes

- Slingers nerfed

The range of slingers have been reduced, considering they are stones that are thrown with a piece of cloth. Damage for all slingers reduced to 9. Hellenistic and Balearic Slingers damage is 10, Balearic Slingers range left at original 125 to give them an identity as good slingers

- Music changed slightly

I have changed most of the "Roman Climate" music to Rome: Total War soundtrack. Some Gladiator soundtrack is retained. Main menu music is changed to original version of that very annoying song! Roman campaign features some RTW campaign music but keeps a few Gladiator songs. All battle songs (and i think mobilizing songs) are RTW soundtrack. All but 1 or 2 tension songs are RTW soundtrack

- Entire submod is 1 install

This is to make it simpler and also because some units require changes such as Heavy Principes

- Added my personal DBM config file.

You now won't have annoying camera cuts to breaking gates, walls and killed generals. You WILL have to restore your settings to the way you personally like them

- Added some tips and facts to the loading screen hints

These include tips on how to form the foundations in your campaign and how to get help with the submod

Romans:

- Velites range and Damage increased

Velites damage value is now 12 and range is 80

- Republican Guards texture change

I have replaced the shield texture of the Republican guard with a likeness to the praetorian shields used in "Gladiator"

- Heavy Principes total remake

The Heavy Principes now look exactly the same as Triarii and carry early shields

- Polybian shields retextured

I have totally retextured the polybian shields to resemble Rome 2: Total War shields

- New Unit

I have created Legio IX Hispania and changed "Northern First Cohort" to resemble them as "The 9th Legion"

- Legio VI Victrix retextured

They now resemble a group of VI Victrix reenactors (who also work with IX Hispania reenactors)

- New unit cards and unit info cards

I have given the Triarii a little fix up on their unit card, though it is still the same image. Heavy Principes, Principes, Hastati, Equites, Republican Guards, Republican Guards First Cohort, Legio IX Hispania, 9th Legion (First Cohort) and Legio VI Victrix have all recieved a new unit card or new unit info card or both

- Recruitment change

Triarii are now recruitable from a large city upwards. Heavy Principes are now available from Minor Cities

- Principes remodel

Hardly a remodel, but i have removed the Hastati chestplate from the unit. They all now wear chainmail

V1.2 Change Log

Universal Changes

Romans:

- Retextured, remodelled and renamed units "Legio_Apollinaris_ug1" and "Legio_Gemina10_ug1"

They now have a crest and serve as a +1 upgrade to the original units. The chainmail and scale on these units have been removed. The units now only wear the Lorica Segmenta. Renamed to "Crested Legio XV Apollinaris" and "Crested Legio X Gemina"

- Remodelled "Legio_Augusta2"

Chainmail removed. The unit now only wears the Lorica Segmenta.

- Retextured "Legio_Italica_ug1", "Legio_Primigenia" and "Roman_Pretorian"

Legio I Italica has been given a new shield from scratch. It now resembles the shield used by senate captains on the campaign map. Legio XXII Primigenia now has fully coloured wings and white arrows on its shield. The Praetorian Cohort's crest has been changed to white and are completely clothed in white. No change to Praetorian shields has been made.

- New Unit Cards

All changed units with the exception of "Legio_Augusta2" have been given new unit cards. "Roman_Principes" have also recieved an update to the unit card. This unit card makes the unit clearer to see on recruitment screens and the battle UI rather than just a big shield and a helmet

- New unit info panel images

Again, all units that have been changed have been given a new image. This doesn't include "Roman_Principes" or "Legio_Augusta2"

- Clothing Changes

"Legio_Gemina10", "Legio_Gemina10_ug1" and "Legio_Fulminata" now wear only blue to match their shields. The banners for these units have also been changed from red to blue
    "Legio_Apollinaris", "Legio_Apollinaris_ug1" and "Legio_Scythica" now only wear green to match their shields. The banners for these units have been changed from red to green
    "Roman Pretorian" now wears only white to stand out. The crests of this unit is also white
    All other Augustan era legions wear only red

Early Changes

Romans:

- Renamed "Legio_Rapax" and "Legio_Gallica3"

Legio XXI Rapax has been renamed to "Heavy Principes". This unit has been moved to the Hellenistic period though still respond with "Legionary Cohort" in battle. This is to make playing very hard campaigns fun.
    Legio III Gallica has been renamed to "Republican guard". This unit has also been moved to the Hellenistic period and also respond with "Legionary Cohort". This change is not only to make campaigns set to VH fun, but also to give the player something to be excited to reiceve. The unit is currently available in every Roman-controlled Huge City (this may be changed).

- Early Legionary First Cohort changes

This unit has been renamed to "Republican Guard First Cohort". The unit model has been changed from "Legio_Rapax" to "Legio_Gallica3". This change has been made to give other soldiers a larger amount of moral that a unit such as the "Republican Guard" should make if it existed. Bare in mind that this unit has similar authority as the Praetorian Cohort. Recruitable everywhere the standard Republican Guard is.
    Last edited by ipwnu678; August 16, 2014 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Addition of a "News" paragraph

Default Re: Roman Units Edit (Other Factions at a later date?)

Also, feel free to give me suggestions as to what units you would like to see have different textures!

@pwnu678, i installed your mod but i don't realy know what you textured, can you be more specific with wat you changed? i'm realy glad to see that there are still people trying to improve this mode besides of the mod team!

sorry for bad English

Your English is good, don't apologize!
    As of now I've retextured some of the Roman units' shields. however i made the entire Praetorian Cohort Blue
    The units i retextured are "Apollinaris", "Scythica", "Augusta II", "Primigenia", "Gallica", "Ferrata" and "Rapax".

For all of these units i gave a new unit card and updated the image on the "unit information screen"

I also gave the Principes a more suiting unit card, because when i look at the original card i see the Principes portrayed as strong, hard fighting men that cut close to Triarii standard when actually they aren't.

Also thanks for taking interest!

I cheked you're textures and they are realy nice! i also have a suggestion for the roman unit roster, I thougd it would be nice to make a upgrade model for the roman pretorian cavalry and the roman auxilary cavalry where they have lorica sagmentate insted of the mail, that would be realy nice! i tried it by merging the meshe of a lorica sagmentate unit with the cavalry but that doesnt work so i'm not able to do that maybe you would know how to do that? also if you like legionaries without mails, and only lorica sagmentata ask me and I wil tell you how to do that!

thanks for the feedback and im afraid im not good at modelling, though if you could provide tips id be very greatful!

well i leraned it through this turtorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dieval-2-units if you want to make new upgrade models for units you have to edit the battle_models.modeldb. I can't help you with that part as i don't have any knowledge in this erea. I do understand how to edit the meshes, this is realy simple just download and insta milkshape 3d 1.8.4 30 days free trial through this link: http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/download.html and for milskhape you need tho convert mesh to ms3d with this tool: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1276 this is all you need ones you converted for example the legionary_alaudae_0.mesh (wich you can find here: Medieval II Total War\mods\DBM\data\unit_models\Romans) to ms3d with the tool you need to download, you simply open up milkshape 3d. In milkshape you need to be carefull editing this file as it can be damaged to change for example the armor of the legionary aulade to a lorica segamtate only you press on file-open-than the legionary alaude ms3d file-go to groups-and delete all just delete the mail armors different mail armors have different names wich one is a mail armor you have to find out yourself, if you are done deleting the mail armors, you simply press save, go to the converter tool, and convert the ms3d file to a mesh file and overwrite the original legionary_alaudae0_mesh. It looks complicated but if you have installd these 2 files wich i gave you links for, you are able to moddel the fils in just a minut. (with moddeling the mesh file)

hope this helps and good luck with trying if you do!

thanks! i already have milkshake and the converter - i tried deleting the chainmail on Augusta 2 but it made the unit distorted and have black triangles exdend out 20 metres all over the place. i shall have a look at the tutorial!

good luck with that! if you don't understand i can upload my models so you can see how i did it?

did you just simply delete the "chain mail" option?

alright im going to give you the exact names of what i deleted.
    1. open op milkshape
    2. open legionary_augusta2_0.ms3d
    3. go to groups at the upperrigt and delete: chainmail2 <mat.:figure>
    4. file save.
    5. convert ms3d back to mesh and overwrite it.
    done
    i thought you liked to move the cresta of the legio augusta to other legionaries, i know how to do this, give me names of wich units you want to have the cresta and i will try to mod it!

alright, thanks
    and just "Apollinaris_ug1" please. if you can make it look green id very much appreciate it, and give you credit if i choose to release it in a future update

i haven't tested it but im almost 100% itll work i changed the file to winrar bucause it wouldn't upload it i hope that does'nt cause any problems!
    Attached Files Attached Files

ill give it a try, ill post pictures of them too, so you can see your great handy work

ah, apparently it is an unknown file format or the file is damaged
    try creating a compressed file on your desktop then put the mesh in and upload it, then it should work

i had another go at doing it myself, this is the result

Default Re: URR Submod V1.2

Got it! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Also, update 1.2 is up

Bravo man!!!

im already well into planning future updates, let alone completing the next one. i was having a little play earlier and just wanted to note how i managed to get "Scipii" legionaries to only wear blue, "Brutii" legionaries to only wear green and the praetorians to only wear white, leaving every other legio with red. you can clearly see it in this image

This is really vain but i really like how the Fulminata banner turned out

nice to see you finaly did it!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast