Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Small Campaign and Unit subMod (S.C.U.M.) V2.1 + V2.2

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Small Campaign and Unit subMod (S.C.U.M.) V2.1 + V2.2

i dont believe i edited any stats to do with the barbarians (this was a long time ago, i dont remember), but baring in mind the only reason the western empire fell was because it was way softer than it was in romes golden age, and in the imperial era the germans were only ever good in their numbers and if they set up ambushes, when rome fell, it was because their troops were soft, their land was hardly guarded, and tactics had changed due to all of the steppe tribes invading from the east

Elbadruhel's Avatar Centenarius

You have to have in mind, that "barbarians" as u call them. Were a group of tribes without hardly no tech, but with time, they learn how to farm, how to forge, how to war. They left behind the stubborn masses of people shouting with sticks and stones to become a more disciplines and reliable force.

They learnt how to join, how to create alliances and fight together. They learnt how to create better weapons and armours. They learnt tactics and estrategy. There are even historic data of tribes around the Rin wich went to war with shovels and food for creating trenches and forst, like romans. That is not the "stupid barbarian" hardly naked of the III-II bC.

Angles, Jutes and Saxons developed a good sailoring a good smithing and trained hard soldiers. They completly defeated the britons and pushed them out of the fertile lands of britain, to the rocky west or even to britannia or galicia. Rome left Britannia too, they surrendered.

And u talk about "rome was weak". Yes, rome was weak. And you know were relied the strenght of Rome? In germans. Different tribes of germans were accepted as foederati, and they defended the limes of the empire, because roman legions couldnt handle so much enemys so well trained or equiped. And at one point, the legions itslef, the best and most soldiers of the empire, where germans. Till Odoacro deposed the last emperor.

And who defeated those herulos and other germans? Other germans, the ostrogoths. And why? Because the mighty and strong eastern roman empire bribed them to send them away from his own lands.

And what happened then? Visigoths and Ostrogoths conquered hardly ALL THE WESTERN ROMAN EMPIRE and defended it sucesfully against all the german tribes that tried to attack them. Wait... The same land, protected by romans and germans, and the romans fail and the germans got it? Maybe the goths were no so stupid, maybe the goths were not just a lot of soldiers. Maybe... The goths improved their weapons, armours and tactics? Maybe the "barbarians" as you call them, like an ancient roman who feel over the foreigns... Maybe the barbarians studied, learned and imporved all their civilization, till they reach a point were they could face the Roman empire and even defeat them?

While, as you have said, the Romans had their golden age and instead of improving their culture and tech, with the time, they were "barbarizing", losing in culture and tech, getting decadent, till the moment their glory had gone and the german tribes were the new power in Europe?

This is simple. German get "romanized", civilized. While Rome were stagnant, and at some point, "barbarized".

DBM 1.1?????

read the last page, i explained whats going on there

Its a great submod for a great mod. Only one problem. I also have problem with Alaudae , which crashes the game when it is about to start a battle. I dont know for other Legions of the Augustus reform since i am still at Marius reform. I wonder , where the problem might be? At unit_models? at unit_sprites? something different? I would appreciate any help cause i am trying to figure out a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Omiros View Post
    Its a great submod for a great mod. Only one problem. I also have problem with Alaudae , which crashes the game when it is about to start a battle. I dont know for other Legions of the Augustus reform since i am still at Marius reform. I wonder , where the problem might be? At unit_models? at unit_sprites? something different? I would appreciate any help cause i am trying to figure out a solution.
    that is very odd, are you playing DBM v1.0, 1.1 or 1.2?

i tryed to installing the submod on DBM 1.2, and i don't have any changes, the senate is still having rome and i don't have any new units. can somebody tell me what am i doing wrong?

i already solved it! thx anyway

i can't install the legion I italica/legion spearmen hotfix, can somebody help me?

bare in mind that this mod is currently made for 1.0 only, at a later date i will remake it

for 1.0 only, at a later date i will remake it
    There is progress on mod?...

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    There is progress on mod?...
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=476194022

Don't mind that this is R2, the shields used in that will be used here. I'm just going to work on making them look better with shading etc before releasing here. Means I only have to do it all once before putting the designs into DBM

Thanks for the info! Wait for the early completion of work on the mod! Good luck!

Can you tell me please if this allows for Marian and Augustus reforms to take place during the main/grand campaign and if so when they occur? I played through DBM 1.0 and there were no reforms at all during the campaign.

What is the version of DBM i need? DBM 1.0 or 1.1 or 1.2 ?

is this submod death?

is this submod death?

i can't download the hotfix on mediafire

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567