Thread: Patch 9 - Game Breaking Bug

Default bugs found in official patch 9

on patch 9 I found several bugs.
    a graphic bug with vegetation with nvidia graphics card,some shrubs have no way appear gray.
    when is formed a group with the whole army,to move this group does not maintain formation and appear differently.
    please CA urgent a fast hotfix for these bugs,very important for multiplayer.
    because you can not react directing units as when playing single player.
    the shrubs must be corrected before the bug graphic patch 9 did not exist.

Default Re: bugs found in official patch 9

CA,when do is to fix this bug that has caused pad 9 with the graphics of the bushes?i have never used mods for this game
    and this bug has occurred when the patch 9 was updated in the game,now the game see graphically crap.
    is necessaray a urgent hotfix for fix this annoying bug and everything look exactly good as above.

Agree, my frame rate has dropped when i zoom in and some of the trees look crap, before patch 9 everything was fine

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post
    on patch 9 I found several bugs.
    a graphic bug with vegetation with nvidia graphics card,some shrubs have no way appear gray.
    when is formed a group with the whole army,to move this group does not maintain formation and appear differently.
    please CA urgent a fast hotfix for these bugs,very important for multiplayer.
    because you can not react directing units as when playing single player.
    the shrubs must be corrected before the bug graphic patch 9 did not exist.
    A subscriber of mine told me that if you wanna make the formations work properly you need to have them in the original size. I use formations all the time and it has helped me greatly.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    A subscriber of mine told me that if you wanna make the formations work properly you need to have them in the original size. I use formations all the time and it has helped me greatly.

what formations seem to go well now,at least in multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Fishdawg View Post
    Agree, my frame rate has dropped when i zoom in and some of the trees look crap, before patch 9 everything was fine

yes, it seems we are on the planet venus with her ​​alien vegetation.
    besides the bug of vegetation, it seems that the game is slower and before the patch 9 was very fluid.
    CA make things worse and make another new very annoying bugs.
    hopefully that CA fix this soon with a hotfix emergency and shrubs look good graphically.

I've run into a few bugs myself, including but not limited to:

1. Holding down right-click to see the distance to a target location, but on making the order the army will walk in the opposite direction I tell it to go.
    2. Sometimes the save/load game screen will not show any of my saves, however saving under a new save thankfully works.
    3. Occasionally the province overview will be transparent and not let me click any of the buildings.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

If you have found new bugs what come by patch 9. I recommend to report to TW-forums about this. CA doesn't look here much about game issues.

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    If you have found new bugs what come by patch 9. I recommend to report to TW-forums about this. CA doesn't look here much about game issues.
    This bug has been reported there already, along with javelin damage at least 30% to high and cavalry problems

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Patch 9 - Game Breaking Bug

Hi there, dunno if anyone else is experiencing this (I know one YouTuber was during the 9 beta anyway)

The ingame-update rate (tick-rate) slows down to about 1 update per second. So the framerate is fine, I can glide the camera around several times and move at a steady framerate. My recording software says it's at 50fps which is great but everything is moving with incredible lag.

I haven't done extensive testing, but I have recreated it on the same battle numerous times. I'm playing Rome, defending an early developed Carthage against Libya. They are attacking with 3 armies. some by land some by sea. Everything is fine, until they break open my gates and about 10 seconds later everything suddenly comes to a crashing halt (tick-rate wise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fBK11I-xw

This guy had the same issue at about 19mins in. This was beta though.

Anyone experience this? I hope I didn't skip over other threads, I noticed the bug thread someone made a while back didn't have this in it.

I really wanna get this infront of CA because this is game breaking. It's patch NINE and this should not be happening. I never had a problem before and now I do.
    Also aside from this. The AI was dumb as ... you know what. No siege equipment, and they just left their army exposed to towers the entire time. They also landed on another side of the city with 4 units, stood them infront of some towers and never did any more with them.

My spec for those interested:

-AMD FX-8350 4.00GHz Eight-Core AM3+ 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
    -2TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
    -16GB DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel (Kingston HyperX Blu w/Heat Spreader)
    -AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video card
    -Windows 8.1
    -ASUS M5A97 V2 AMD 970 Chipset, ATX mainboard w/4RAM slots, 7.1 Audio etc etc.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Patch 9 - Game Breaking Bug

It's pathfinding, and it's been a major issue with coastal sieges since day 1. Somewhere an AI unit has got into a situation which is causing pathfinding to throw errors repeatedly. Previously, this was typically a unit attempting to walk around the walls and into the port (through an unpassable zone, hence the error). I've also had it happen while the gates are burning (seems it thinks they're destroyed, before they actually are) and several other occasions with coastal sieges with an AI attacker.
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Yep I saw this before the final release of patch 9 and it seems very much like a pathfinding issue and the AI trapped in an exception. :|
    He also showed quite other interesting bugs in his video. Some of them are also there since release, like guys running for and back all the time. I experienced this in my few games aswell, despite all the patch efforts CA did yet.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Citizen

It really is a severe error, the pathfinding being the answer seems to make sense as it happens when the enemy decide to move everything at once so its probably that. What's weird though is even eliminating each unit doesn't solve the problem. You would think that removing the unit removes them from the array of things searching for a path or whatever. Something is clearly getting stuck in a loop and bottlenecking the entire update process. Love to be able to debug it.

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

Definitely hate this bug, and it's been around since release. I got this bug a few times with Shogun II as well, though I'm pretty sure that was just because my computer's crap. Even had it in Empire... once.

Reason # 120 for me to never play this game again.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCenturion24 View Post
    Definitely hate this bug, and it's been around since release. I got this bug a few times with Shogun II as well, though I'm pretty sure that was just because my computer's crap. Even had it in Empire... once.
    yea, that's what i was thinking. it is a known bug in almost every TW game, but it's also pretty random. you could play 5 entire campaigns and never see that bug once, or you could play 5 sieges in a row and it happens every time.

Citizen

I had Rome TW, Medieval 2 TW, TW: Shogun 2 and TW: Rome II and never experienced it until this patch

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Lucky guy, it's extremely common in the walled coastal siege defences (although the rarity of walled defences might have something to do with it...)
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Patch 9 bugs threads merged.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Looks like a viable path doesn't exist and the pathfinder has to look through the entire graph to reach that conclusion - which is unimaginably slow.

This is a truly shameful display CA - and just when I thought it might finally be worth playing the game if the sieges got fixed.

I hope they're going to fix a game breaking bug like this for Patch 10.