Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Strategy Guides

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Strategy Guides

I am playing with WRE on Very hard Campaign/Hard Battles and i find it too easy, because i have too much money. Will things be tougher later (i have played now only 15-20 turns) ? I don't think things are going to be really difficult later because the amount of money i have is really excessive.

Other than that, the campaign is really interesting!

I think you'll stop receiving the Legionary Payments pretty soon (70,000 gold), which you would have received every year (six turns per year). That should make things a bit more difficult. You'd be in the year 454 thereabouts, and I think the payments end about 457, so enjoy them while you can.

I think it's time I did more strategy guides. It's been ages since I played this mod and MTW2. Been playing Attila (which is bloody brilliant with a few balancing mods), but I recently uninstalled it to await overhaul mods. So, as promised (last year...sorry), I'll do a Thuringian campaign guide soon.

When the payments for legions stop coming in, you will depend on your own eco. And even if you have a strong eco as Romans, if you will try to field an army as the Franks have, for instance, you'll start going in minus (if you have 200.000 funds, that would mean you can have cca 200 units for 1 turn, then you're in red numbers. So you may think you're rich, but you're really not =D ). And you won't be able to train your best troops as fast as the barbarians can. So, for a full scale, all out war, Rome is a pretty hard faction to play. Not to mention the speed of barbarian movements compared to the speed of Roman armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    I am playing with WRE on Very hard Campaign/Hard Battles and i find it too easy, because i have too much money. Will things be tougher later (i have played now only 15-20 turns) ? I don't think things are going to be really difficult later because the amount of money i have is really excessive.

Other than that, the campaign is really interesting!
    Hi Stath...I would be very interested in how it all plays out for you when the Roman payments stop as de_Montfort and Theramines posted

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Just uploaded a guide for the Thuringians. Just click on the relevant spoilers under 'Germanic Pagan' in the first post.

Coming soon: Dal Riata.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234