Thread: Syracuse play?

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Syracuse play?

Hello all! DEI mod has a lot of new factions to play with for campaign. So I tried Syracuse for once. Unfortunately, there were no troops to recruit no matter what you build! I could only get 3 slingers, and then nothing. That won't get us far, will it? Does this happen with all extra factions added by DEI for campaign? I also got this blue-ish screen at some point - thought it was meant for winter season . Still, it's good to see the technologies a bit reduced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-02-03_00001.jpg  
    Last edited by Hoplite of Ilis; February 03, 2014 at 09:37 AM.

Default Re: Syracuse play?

This didnt happen to me and I've started several new campaigns with newely added factions to see different scenario's of campaign development.
    Are you running any different mods with DeI or did you try starting a new campaign?
    Again, this never happened for me?

Maybe it's better if you post this as a reply to the bug report section with some more info on the game you are running etc etc.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

I can recruit militia and peltasts in Syracusae.

Quote Originally Posted by Diadochiwelike View Post
    This didnt happen to me and I've started several new campaigns with newely added factions to see different scenario's of campaign development.
    Are you running any different mods with DeI or did you try starting a new campaign?
    Again, this never happened for me?

Maybe it's better if you post this as a reply to the bug report section with some more info on the game you are running etc etc.
    I got the latest version of DEI yesterday (patch 9 compatible), and I'm only using a close pike formation mod for DEI, and Bullgod's icons. It was a new campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    I got the latest version of DEI yesterday (patch 9 compatible), and I'm only using a close pike formation mod for DEI, and Bullgod's icons. It was a new campaign
    Maybe your other mods cause these problems.
    Look here for compatible mods and incompatible mods. Maybe in this section there is something that will help you.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...vide-et-Impera

Quote Originally Posted by Diadochiwelike View Post
    Maybe your other mods cause these problems.
    Look here for compatible mods and incompatible mods. Maybe in this section there is something that will help you.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...vide-et-Impera
    Thanks, but the Bullgod mod is for unit icons only, and the close pikes mod is made for DEI as a submod. Just started a Spartan campaign. No problems there. Except for this - which was also present with Syracuse. This is the first time it happens... Some lines are missing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-02-03_00002.jpg  

I have never seen anything like it tbh. The mod runs fine for me and has none of the problems stated by you. Maybe try running it without the extra mods and see if the problem persists?

This is first for me too. Yesterday I deleted my old DEI, and installed the new one. And I played the old one with no problems at all - but would always choose from standard factions. Time for tests.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

I tried the Ardiaei at first i could recruit but about 5-6 turns (after i conqured my first other city) and then i could no longer recruit anything.
    Neither ships nor Land troops.
    Could not even recruit mercenaries.

Oh, so it's not only me. I've also posted in the bug report thread as suggested. Haven't got an answer yet. Maybe it's not meant for minor factions yet or not fully tested. This was the first time I ever chose one for campaign.