Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

The short answer is they should be able to come back more than once, but I might have made a mistake in the script...so I'll check it and come back to give a proper answer and possibly an update hehe.

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    The short answer is they should be able to come back more than once, but I might have made a mistake in the script...so I'll check it and come back to give a proper answer and possibly an update hehe.
    Either you have abandonded this great mod or you couldnt find a solution. Eitehr way. No matter if you take their city or kill the entire family they dont appear a second time.
    But if you take their cities the generals and family turn to rebels. When they then reappear the family tree somehow has changed. Its like a new family.

But it doesnt matter since its not working

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question. I've been looking through this thread and haven't seen a similar one asked.

Is there any way to install this mod without the SMM? Windows defender is preventing me from using SMM.

Edit: Sorry I figured it out. I was doing it wrong.
    Last edited by percydanvers; October 10, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

In my games on SS6.4, I've had the likes of Portugal die out, re-emerge, die out and re-emerge again. Same with Poland. Of course, whenever they do, they hang around for about ten turns before someone decides to put them out of their misery. But... it is fun when factions come back.

Default Re: Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4

I'd love to use this mod, however, I can't seem to get it working? I add the files to the "sub" .dir, but it throws up errors? Could I have some help please?

sid66's Avatar Laetus

Dear melooo how I installed the vivalarebellion expanded? I Have the first vivalarebellion module who works fine.thank you

I see this is fairly inactive but as the mod appears fully functional I have an issue that seems to happen because I modified the EDB of the Crusader States to make them my own unique faction. I narrowed it down to the EDB since I tested with each single file I had to modify (EDU, battle_models, etc.) incrementally until it gave the error.

All I did by the way in the EDB was either modify existing units (as in adding a unit that the Crusader States doesn't have) or adding an unit from another faction. No other changes, no new buildings, no units removed. When I'm attempting to revive any faction, right after the Rebels do their moves, game crashes. Log doesn't explicitly say anything about the re-emergence script at all. (Perhaps I should've saved them) The log ends with whatever was the last action taken by the AI. Now, I was able to solve and continue my campaign by simply replacing the EDB with the original one, pass turn, have the faction re-emerge, then re-paste my custom EDB with no issues. However I'm still annoyed at not being able to find why such apparent trivial changes in the EDB that do not involve any other faction but my own make it crash like that.

Any ideas? Thanks!

update pls

Hi,

I try to bring your mod to Roar of Conquest as a submod. Just copy and pasted your work into the files of Roar of conquest. Whilst testing it I stumbled about the building error when the AI is able to build an ROS building do you know what caused this? So I can fix it.

Thanks in advance.

To describe the bug further, It was an ROS building spawning in Ragusa when under Rebell control and later taken by the Player(denmark). No other ROS buildings were found on the campaign map yet. I looked into the campaign_script and only found one entry for Ragusa. The one who spawns the ROS building, no spawnings or faction related entrys and no clearups. I deleted the Ragusa entry , since the spawned building wasn´t usefull for anything. Seems to work till now. I guess it was a leftover or something was planned and never really made.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567