Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

TheMrVister's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Aug 2 2014 update

This is very good submod!

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Aug 2 2014 update

i am unable to select submod in SS_setup, i am using latest bug fix compilation v1.27 (jul 18 2015)

EDIT: nvm, forgot i had to extract the txt too
    Last edited by Dekhatres; July 16, 2016 at 02:11 AM.

This is the answer to all my prayers regarding this game!

I only regret not finding this earlier, now I have to either abandon or finish my very late HRE campaing without it... And I have lost some factions I planned to use for various things in this campaing too.

I am getting a building called something like "Region owner switch target" appear in random cities. It boost the population growth like crazy (80000 in Frankfurt). Trying to find a way to prevent this from happening because it breaks the game progression. Anyone else have this issue?

Those buildings should never be visible or available, can you post a screenshot?

Last edited by Lifthrasir; October 31, 2016 at 03:41 PM.

Hmmm I thought the AI couldn't built it since you cannot as the player...but I guess I'm wrong. It seems I'll have to add some unattainable requirement so it can't be built whatsoever.

xD well I'll use the chance to update the script with a better version used in Titanium, long over due lol

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Hmmm I thought the AI couldn't built it since you cannot as the player...but I guess I'm wrong. It seems I'll have to add some unattainable requirement so it can't be built whatsoever.

xD well I'll use the chance to update the script with a better version used in Titanium, long over due lol
    Many thanks. Looking forward to it.

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

Ok updated the script and added the impossible requirements to those buildings
    This is not save game compatible so you'll need to start a new campaign.
    DL link at OP

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

I am not doing well, this is my first campaing with this submod, year 1400 something, I sent army to scottish controlled England, conquered london, removed public order giving buildings and tried to spawn England back; this happened:

17:39:42.911 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Yeoman'.
    17:39:44.435 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I have clean SS 6.4 and crash happens always after rebel turn. Please gimme some first aid, I dont want to lose my campaing!

Uploaded updated version, my bad the correct name for that unit is "Yeoman archers"
    Sadly this won't be savegame compatible :/

What you could do however is alter the EDU and EDB changing all the "Yeoman archers" references to "Yeoman"
    Not sure if this will work but I see no reason why not, unless you're using BGRIV which will make this workaround impossible since it adds references to yeoman archers in the campaign script.
    Just remember to change back the EDU and EDB to their original versions after you're done with the current campaign.

Well, I tried to edit like you told, but unfortunately it made whole game to crash on launching. Propably because I fcked something up.

I guess I need to instal bugfix complication and start new campaing someday, and just hope everything goess well this time

Meloo, I have been thinking...

What if I now just dont let england spawn by donating London to someone and just play this campaing to end. What then?

I instal bugfix complication and then newest version of your mod, would this problem then be taken care of in next campaing?

bugfix complication
    oh lol
    If the english never rebel there shouldnt be a crash related to the yeoman error in the script of course.
    Indeed a new campaign with the Bugfix Comp + newest release shouldnt have that same crash hehe.

can you send me your savegame maybe I can test my previous workaround idea, if I manage to make it work I can send you the altered EDU/EDB as well

Unfortunately I already continued with plan B, gave London to my Cuman allies and I no longer have save at correct point. But thank you for offer...

Now I lost the feeling with this campaing with failed plans, I could start new one right now with bugfix and your mod, but I am so lazy with starting new adventures. Mainly because choosing faction is so hard. I want something nice for early game, but I also want proper endgame units, that narrows down possibilities pretty much...

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    oh lol
    Yeah, sucks to be non-native english speaker in english internet. Sometimes I wish Mongol horde would had conquered the world and we would now all speak mongolian.
    Last edited by Astarte; November 11, 2016 at 07:29 AM. Reason: dd

Greetings !
    I was wondering if this submod is by any means compatible with another submod called "Battle for the Baltic" ?
    The problem is that this submod adds another faction and revamps other factions also world campaign map is a bit reworked ...
    Thanks !

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I don't think so. Factions aren't the same in BftB.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Oh,ok then.Thank you !
    By the way,could you tell me what other good submods would fit great with this one,that improve gameplay,add new features etc ? I've seen Titanium but I'd like to try it when Late campaign is finished first ...
    And one more thing ! Is faction limit in SS 6.4 reached ? I've only counted 29 factions including Rebels, so is it possible to add 2 more ?
    Forgive me for my ignorance for I am quite new to this mod and this forum

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

There's the "Recommendations" forum where you might find something for your tastes.

The maximum number of factions allowed is 31, rebels and emergent one included (such as Mongols or Timurids).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 9 2014 update

Great mod but I have a question.

How do you get a faction to re emerge more than once? I was testing the mod before I started a proper campaign and I used cheats to quickly take out Lithuania as Poland. I made sure they were unhappy by destroying all their buildings and they rebelled against me and took back Vilnius next turn.
    I did the same with France. I destroyed Lithuania one more time to make sure everything was working but this time they just turned into rebels. I then read your post saying that I needed to let another faction rebel against me first so I destroyed England but even after that Lithuania wouldn't re emerge and neither would France.
    Is there something i'm doing wrong or is a faction only supposed to re emerge once?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast