Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 18 2014 update

not even after several turns of rioting?

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 18 2014 update

No...i waited for more than 7 turns after the first city rebelled...Then i left and the other scotish settlements rebel too but still nothing

can you search for these files in your mod folder and post there here (using the attachment feature of the forums)?

.../SS6.3/data/export_descr_building.txt
    .../SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

The limit of the attached filies that i can upload is just 1 MB each..and they are both much bigger. i can send them through mail if you want or paste them through personal message here, whatever helps you.

compress them with winrar or 7zip, they will be reduced to ~10% or their size as txt

viva.rar Here you are

sorry couldn't get anything useful out of them, everything seems as should...dunno why it doesn't work in your end.

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Aug 2 2014 update

Update 02/Aug/14

-Corrected some scripting errors.
    -Tweaked traits for re-emerged family members so they have better loyalty and authority.
    -Added a cash bonus for re-emerged factions, so they can properly start "rebuilding their empire".
    -Removed "held by non catholic" condition for settlements where TO and CStates respawn.
    -Added back Riga as possible settlement respawn for TO.
    -Replaced Adana for Diyarbakir for Turks respawn Settlements, Its more appropriate as Adana was in a region predominately armenian.
    -Replaced Kazan for Jaiksk for Cumans respawn Settlements and added Azaq and Baia, they only had 1 previously.

Had this update done lying around for quite a while xD but had forgotten to upload it
    so well here it is and I hope is the last one needed

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Aug 2 2014 update

Hello, it isn't working for me, every time I open the SS setup to activate the sub mod, four messages appear before the setup opens, one for each file, exactly as:

"There seems to be an error with: hist_events.txt"

"hist_events.txt" is just one of them, as an example, all four files of the submod appear, each in one message just like that.

What am I/the mod doing wrong?

Make sure you have the "VivaLaRebelion" folder in "SS6.3/data/campaign/sub"
    and that it contains these 4 .txt files:
    exp_bldgs.txt
    hist_events.txt
    rebellionscript.txt
    ros_temp_buildings.txt

Also check that UAC isn't messing with the mod files, in case you haven't disabled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Make sure you have the "VivaLaRebelion" folder in "SS6.3/data/campaign/sub"
    and that it contains these 4 .txt files:
    exp_bldgs.txt
    hist_events.txt
    rebellionscript.txt
    ros_temp_buildings.txt

Also check that UAC isn't messing with the mod files, in case you haven't disabled it.
    Right! I just pasted the files, not the folder. Thanks.

How can I know if the mod is working on my current campaign? Egypt was destroyed about 30 turns ago and no rebellion yet occurred. If I select again all the sub mods I'm using now plus viva rebellion, it wont work right?

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    NOT save game compatible
    should be compatible with any other submod that doesnt change the map, regions ,settlements id and positions, factions and roster units id in the edu.
    you need to start a new campaign for the mod to take effect.

I have some confusion about the Viva la Rebellion expanded and Kingdoms, Empires and Republics:

Your first post on this says that VLR has been merged with KER, but on the KER page you've written that "For the re-emerging factions you still need to get Viva la Rebelion! core" and a link back to this thread. Which one should I download to get the full effects of both KER and VLR? both?

Also, on an earlier post in this thread you say that the VLR folder (in campaign/sub/) should only have the 4 txt files, but the earlier versions have a bunch of banner.tgas and .cas files. Should I delete those and just put in the newer version?

I hope I'm not coming off as confrontational, I don't mean it that way! but I'm legit confused...

VLRExpanded = Rebel Enhancements and Civil Unrest
    that's what has been moved/merged with KER

VLR(Viva la Rebelion!) = re-emerging factions script

to answer your question, you need both.

about older version files, i don't think they'll cause any problem, but better if you remove them.

And another update

-Byzantium had an unexistent unit for its re ermerging armies dunno if this caused CTDs or not but well thanks gsthoed for spotting it
    -Changed Jerusalem 1300-1400 re-emerging armies they spawned pike militia but replaced them with free companies of men at arms, leaving the pike militia for 1400-1500 era.
    -Also removed one unnecessary monitor_event

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

It worked

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3dbd2YyeN0
    *forum video insert option does not work*
    Last edited by +Marius+; September 23, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

hehe you changed it for them to spawn at Jerusalem?
    nice! i guess that makes it easier for the code to work

I had chose cyprus and rhodes mainly because of historicity as the last strongholds of the crusaders in the area

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

I advise you to do the same;

-Cyprus and Rhodes are islands that nobody cares about so they rarely/never get taken by a muslim faction
    -even if the Crusaders spawn on the island, they will take it and then spend the rest of the timeline sitting on the island...doing nothing apart from blockading ports since they will only have 1 small castle

This way they get a huge city which actually gives them a fighting chance, especially in this scenario where the Seljuks and the Mamluks are at eachothers throats

Edit:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In the middle of this, there is a crusade declared on Acre, the Timurids are also coming to the party(via Jihad) and I am in alliance with the Crusaders;
    Last edited by +Marius+; September 24, 2014 at 08:09 AM.

Very well I will add Jerusalem to the CS respawning locations

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast