Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 9 2014 update

Ah I see, thats the problem with mods that don't make use of the SMM, they get reverted when SS_setup.exe is run

Do the following for make The Steel Crescent SMM compatible.

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 9 2014 update

Currently, I am playing SS6.4 with your sub-mod on Late campaign, VH/VH, Savage AI, Permanent arrow.

The last test I played, I remember whenever I destroy a faction and let it rebel, the destroyed faction will re-emerge again. I did it 3 times with the same Lisbon city of Portugal, I guess.

But this time I play. The Portugal only re-emerge 1 times at Lisbon. After I re-take the city and let it rebel again. Portugal never re-emerge again. In stead the Portugal, a rebel army takes the city after the rebellion.

Have you changed any thing on this cool sub-mod, bro?
    Last edited by minhnd6789; March 16, 2014 at 12:52 AM.

Also, I hope you can make The Teutonic Knight re-emerge as the Crusader States. It will be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#3E3427
    minhnd6789[/COLOR]]Have you changed any thing on this cool sub-mod, bro?
    -Only 1 faction can emerge per turn and in case they are destroyed again it cannot re-emerge until another faction does it 1st, it seems like a dick move but it's actually done to avoid any possible issues when two or more factions attempt to emerge at the same time from the same faction. For same reasons settlements being targeted by Jihads or Crusades wont be valid for re-emerge while the Jihad/Crusade lasts.
    i'll see if i can work around to allow factions every 2 or 3 turns instead of a global counter between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#3E3427
    minhnd6789[/COLOR]]Also, I hope you can make The Teutonic Knight re-emerge as the Crusader States. It will be perfe
    Yeah i could, although 1st will make them a normal no horde faction for early era...as they could emerge the 1st time with the same code this mod has

Here are some samples of new Rebel Banners Symbol, part of the Enhanced Rebels stuff im doing

South European Rebels
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	symbols9.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	303790
    North European Rebels

Name:	symbols10.png 
Views:	222 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	303791

Any ideas for East European?
    something akin to this:

perhaps?
    or this:

?
    Or how about this:

Name:	symbols.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	303820
    old rus symbol (currently using this one).
    Last edited by Melooo182; March 16, 2014 at 07:02 PM.

"Only 1 faction can emerge per turn and in case they are destroyed again it cannot re-emerge until another faction does it 1st, it seems like a dick move but it's actually done to avoid any possible issues when two or more factions attempt to emerge at the same time from the same faction. For same reasons settlements being targeted by Jihads or Crusades wont be valid for re-emerge while the Jihad/Crusade lasts."

---> I know this. In my campaign, because I am testing the re-emerge, so I use cheats. It is just around turn 4-10, and I am sure there is no other faction is destroyed, only Portugal.

To be more specific:
    Turn 3: Portugal destroyed.
    Turn 5: Portugal re-emerged 1st time
    Turn 6: I destroyed them again and let the capital city Lisbon rebel
    Turn 8: A rebel army takes the city instead of the re-emerge Portugal army.
    Turn 9-13: take the city and let it rebel again, Portugal still not come back.

The previous time I played SS6.4 vs your sub-mod with exactly the same method above. The Portugal re-emerged at least 2 times. But this time, it doesnt work, the destroyed faction can only re-emerge once. So I guess you have updated the mod with new file.

Also, last time, I see that the destroyed faction can re-emerge at any rebel settlement which belongs to its domain. Indeed, I remember the Sicily re-emerge successful at Syracuse while I was holding its capital Palermo.

This time, I test to let Portugal re-emerge at Porto or Silves while I hold its capital Lisbon, but I cannot make it.
    Last edited by minhnd6789; March 16, 2014 at 10:08 AM.

Sorry I didn't explain very well the reason of this interval between re-emerges, so here i go again

The 1 faction re-emerge per turn limit is to avoid that wrong settlements are assigned in case two factions try to emerge from a single faction, this is because of the way faction emerge command works, it just takes the settlement with the lowest public order of the target faction to give it to the emerging faction...there is no way to filter this settlement for this faction and this other settlement for the other faction when both factions are trying to emerge at the same time.

Now about the re-emerge interval that didnt allow portugal to rebel again, this is because of the way the script has been written that makes it prone to favour the later faction in the "re-emerge list" and since only 1 faction can re-emerge per turn it could lead to a single faction monopolizing the re-emerging in the odd case it were destroyed immediately after emerging and its candidate settlements kept rioting.
    So to avoid this i added a counter that forbid a single faction from re-emerging twice consecutively, so to allow another faction that had a candidate settlemente rioting and couldnt emerge the previous turn because that other faction did...however this prevented that same faction to re-emerge again unless another faction did it during the interval.

I hope is clearer now xD

Ok I tweaked the script so now each faction has individual counters for the re-emerge interval, but they now can only re-emerge every 4 turns independently if another faction re-emerges in that time.
    Those 4 turns could also represent the time a dead faction last to recover their strenght, gather their troops etc to revolt again and capture a settlement.

I'm having a problem... the SS setup isn't detecting the mod, and I even placed it with all the others as per the instructions on the text file.

http://i.imgur.com/94F8Loe.png

Odd
    do you have VivaLaRebelion.txt outside the VivaLaRebelion folder?
    also inside VivaLaRebelion folder there should only be 4 .txt files

Updated 1st post link to include Teutonic Order re-emerge and fixes

Teutonic Order like Crusader States can only re-emerge when a crusade is on going, in this case toward the Baltic or German cities.
    They wont appear until their scripted event in the early campaign, so no worries with that.

as always this update is not savegame compatible

Also here I include a 1st release of the Civil Unrest Part, still needs lot of work and testing but its quite stable and adds some quite cool features, if you wanna BETA test it be my guest

Viva La Rebellion Expanded

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 16 2014 update

Thank you in advance for providing me great advice, Melooo I hope thing will go as we expect.

It is cool to see your update.

One question, please: The first link will work with Late campaign? You know, the Teuton appears already in Late Camp, so I wonder whether it applies immediately for the Teuton to re-emerge after being Destroyed.

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 16 2014 update

Whoops, I didn't have vivalarebellion.txt outside of its own folder. It works now; thanks!

@minhnd6789: I placed as requirement for the TO to re-emerge the "inquisition" historical event that spawns them in early era, that same event happens around turn5 in late era campaign, so if you kill them before that you'll have to wait it for them to re-spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    @minhnd6789: I placed as requirement for the TO to re-emerge the "inquisition" historical event that spawns them in early era, that same event happens around turn5 in late era campaign, so if you kill them before that you'll have to wait it for them to re-spawn.
    Understood, bro

Game script error?????

system.log.txt
    Code:
    14:31:02.110 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE214:31:02.110 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    14:31:02.157 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:31:02.219 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:31:02.266 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:31:02.328 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:31:02.375 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:31:02.391 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:31:44.569 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 37104, column 3 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    don't recognise this token: end_monitor
    14:31:44.569 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 37110, column 1 in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Couldn't create a script from file mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

Yeah sorry messed up the monitor_end when added the teutonic order, is quite easy to fix though

go to "...\SS6.3\data\campaign\sub\VivaLaRebelion\" open "rebellionscript.txt" with any notepad, you can press Ctrl+G and type in box that opens this number 13023, that will take you to the culprit code lines which should be these marked in red:
    Code:
        set_counter nicosia_riot 0    set_counter jerusalem_emerge 5
      end_if
      set_counter faction_emerge_id 0
      end_monitor

;Teutonic Order
      if I_CompareCounter faction_emerge_id = 25
        if I_CompareCounter riga_riot = 0
    just remove them and now should looks like this:
    Code:
      end_if

;Teutonic Order
    save and close the file.
    now you must run the ss_setup.exe and done script fixed.

or you can skip this and go to...

1st Post Link Updated with fix, sorry again xD should have tested the script properly before uploading it.
    Last edited by Melooo182; March 18, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 18 2014 update

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Yeah sorry messed up the monitor_end when added the teutonic order, is quite easy to fix though

go to "...\SS6.3\data\campaign\sub\VivaLaRebelion\" open "rebellionscript.txt" with any notepad, you can press Ctrl+G and type in box that opens this number 13023, that will take you to the culprit code lines which should be these marked in red:
    Code:
      end_if
     set_counter faction_emerge_id 0
     end_monitor

;Teutonic Order
    just remove them and now should looks like this:
    Code:
      end_if

;Teutonic Order
    save and close the file.
    now you must run the ss_setup.exe and done script fixed.

or you can skip this and go to...

1st Post Link Updated with fix, sorry again xD should have tested the script properly before uploading it.
    Thanks But ""poland emerge error""
    Code:
    17:55:48.563 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE217:55:48.563 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    17:55:48.579 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:55:48.579 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:55:48.579 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:55:48.579 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:55:48.579 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:55:48.579 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:56:40.899 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <if>, at line 37175, in mods/SS6.3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    Counter poland_emerge doesn't exist
    when testing <I_CompareCounter> condition

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 18 2014 update

Damn typos!

ploand_emerge

fixed and uploaded

I think I found a bug?

I moused over the "civil unrest lvl 1" trait and got those empty spaces with the two asterisks.

http://i.imgur.com/IABFHHX.jpg

Does not look like your faction leader, right? this trait should be for faction leaders only
    something must be messed up with the triggers

Not to worry about the asterisk though, since its a beta thats ok
    that trait will be hidden in the final version.

I think I found a bug?

Teutonic Order NOT EMERGED

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast