Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

Default Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Oct 28 2016 update

VIVA LA REBELLION!
    Included in TITANIUM

Hi there people!
    I did this little submod inspired by Dayy's Real Rebelion with help from this tutorial by TMK and key contributions by Withwnar.

What it does?
    It allows most factions to re emerge from their starting regions after being destroyed, with the only condition that these regions riot and revolt against their new masters.
    Following TMK tutorial I managed to do this without making factions have the Horde ability.

Exceptions:
    - Papal States: they are already indestructible as popes in exile can crusade to recapture rome.
    - Mongols and Timurids: do not re-emerge as they are quite hard to destroy already and they represent invasions of armies whose home lands are outside of SS campaign map.
    - Crusader States: can re-emerge but it's harder for them, they will spawn and capture the isle of Rhodes and/or Cyprus only if its under control of a non Catholic faction and if there is a Crusade in progress towards the middle east or north africa.
    - Teutonic Order: like Crusader States can only re-emerge when a crusade is on going, in this case toward the Baltic or German cities. They wont appear until their scripted event in the early campaign, so no worries with that.

Works for Early and Late campaigns.
    NOT save game compatible
    should be compatible with any other submod that doesnt change the map, regions ,settlements id and positions, factions and roster units id in the edu.

Install:
    Just drag the RAR content to "SS6.4/data/campaign/sub" folder and then activate using the Sub Mod Manager (SS_setup.exe)

Viva la Rebellion (Re-emerging factions)
    Download:
    HERE

Viva La Rebellion Expanded extras are now merged with Kingdoms, Empires and Republic
    For the Ealier Discontinued "Viva La Rebellion Expanded" BETA version download, go
    HERE

Recomended:
    SS6.4 Bugfix Compilation

Have fun!

Permissions:
    Feel free to do whatever you want with this, just remember to put me in the credits

Default Re: Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4

Not bad gonna try it ^^.

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

I will install med2 again just to see this mod in action Tnx man

In byzantium section there are three constatinople

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Byzantium;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;

declare_counter byzantium_emerge
    set_counter byzantium_emerge 0

declare_counter constantinople_riot
    set_counter constantinople_riot 0

declare_counter nicaea_riot
    set_counter nicaea_riot 0

declare_counter athens_riot
    set_counter athens_riot 0

declare_counter byzantium_building
    set_counter byzantium_building 1

monitor_event CityRiots SettlementName Constantinople
    and I_NumberOfSettlements byzantium = 0
    and I_IsFactionAIControlled byzantium
    and not I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium
    inc_counter byzantium_emerge 1
    set_counter byzantium_building 0
    set_counter constantinople_riot 1
    end_monitor

and not I_SettlementOwner Nicaea = byzantium
    set_counter nicaea_riot 1
    end_monitor

and not I_SettlementOwner Athens = byzantium
    set_counter athens_riot 1
    end_monitor

Its a very little mistake, I dont know if there is more, just to let you know

Oops sorry about that hehe, yeah there were many other little mistakes like these, I think i fixed them all now.

New Changes:
    - Crusader States can spawn at Cyprus (Nicosia) too.
    - Added code that restricts to which crusades can Crusader States be respawn, so now they can only re emerge if a crusade is targeted to Middle East or North Africa. (havent tested it yet xD but should work)
    - Added 3 new settlements/regions for the Turks to re emerge from (Iconium, Adana and Ankara), they had only 1 previously (Caesarea).
    - Added 1 new settlement/region for Portugal to re emerge from, being now a total of 2 (Oporto and Lisbon).
    - Added 1 new settlement/region for Aragon to re emerge from, being now a total of 3 (Pamplona, Barcelona and Zaragoza).
    - Added 2 new settlements/regions for Byzantium to re emerge from (Trebizond and Arta), for some "historical accuracy" xD check in wikipedia Empire of Trebizond and Despotate of Epirus.

1st post download link updated
    Last edited by Melooo182; February 07, 2014 at 09:30 AM.

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Feb 7 2014 update

Changed name of the submod to Viva la Rebellion!

This name change is because I'm planing to include features of these other submods, Civil Unrest and Rebel Generals Enhanced, making the mod a little more in depth but at the same time keeping a simpler version of just re-emerging factions.

The idea is that Civil Unrest will help re-emergent factions be more successful, so when a faction leader has low authority these are more likely. And well marriageable rebel generals + rebel POW are just a nice fitting addition.

Civil unrest will be changed from the way it works in the original mod, not only it will affect AI factions but it will no longer block you from controlling your settlements, instead it will use a set of traits added randomly based on level of civil unrest generated by the low authority of your Faction Leader.
    These traits could potentially lower the loyalty of some generals increasing the chances of rebellion or could also add to them negative effects to public order making them bad choice for governing a settlement unless you want to risk rioting.
    Also civil unrest levels could potentially increase riot chance using the script command of add_settlement_turmoil (given i get it to work xD).

Well these are just ideas for now. So far i've only managed to incorporate those other submods and all works well, i did some minor adjustments on Civil Unrest but nothing so drastic as I plan to do.

So what you guys think?

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Feb 7 2014 update

[= Melooo182 QUOTE; 13641648] için submod Changed adı ! Viva la İsyanı

ben bu diğer submods özelliklerini içerir planya ediyorum, çünkü bu ad değişikliğidir Sivil huzursuzluk ve Geliştirilmiş Rebel Generaller , derinlik biraz daha mod yapıyor ama Aynı zamanda sadece yeniden ortaya çıkan hiziplerin basit bir sürümünü tutmak. fikir Sivil huzursuzluk bir hizip lideri bu daha fazladır düşük yetkisine sahiptir, bu nedenle zaman yeniden ortaya çıkan hizipler daha başarılı olmalarına yardımcı olacaktır. Ve + asi Esir de evlenme asi generaller sadece güzel bir uydurma bir yanı vardır. Sivil huzursuzluk değil, sadece AI hizipler etkileyecektir ama artık yerleşim kontrol sizi engeller, bunun yerine orijinal mod çalışır şekilde değişecektir o dayalı rastgele eklenen özelliklerin bir dizi kullanacak sivil huzursuzluk düzeyi sizin Faction Lideri düşük otoritesi tarafından oluşturulan. Bu özellikler potansiyel olabilecek bazı generallerin sadakatini düşürmek isyanın şansı artan ya da bunlara ekleyebilirsiniz halka olumsuz etkileri sipariş Eğer isyan riski istemiyorsanız bir yerleşim yönetim için onları kötü bir seçim yapmak. Ayrıca sivil huzursuzluk düzeyleri, potansiyel bir komut dosyası komutunu kullanarak isyan şansını artırabilir add_settlement_turmoil (i xD işe almak verilmiştir). Peki bu artık sadece fikir. Şimdiye kadar sadece. Ben yapmayı planladığınız gibi i Sivil huzursuzluk ama çok ciddi bir şey üzerinde bazı küçük ayarlamalar yaptı, sıra bu diğer submods ve tüm işleri dahil başardınız Peki siz ne düşünüyorsunuz? [/ QUOTE]

I loved the civil war implementation Meloo Hope this all affects AI well too, they tend to have very high public order bonus if I know right Also thank you very much for mod again.. This will stop dullness of the late game, and see factions arise again. No more crappy total rome 2 thanks to you

Meloo just had the chance to play SS as England.. Destroyed scotland first, then moved all generals to France, before a critical siege pope warned me and then I got excommunicated. .That triggered this awesomeness => First edinburg rebeled( as rebels), because I was having a military shortage I couldnt send any army there.. Then Aberdeen started rioting.. Just the turn after these both Edinburg and Aberdeen become Scotland and they rised some army there.. Seeing that was priceless in this game, gave france 2 city back for a humiliating cease fire form me.
    Now it is pay day again for those ''foolhearths'' for defying their overlordsTnx again for this awesome mod meloo

You're welcome

Glad to see people are enjoying this.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

is there any screenies of how this is different from dey's?

well done though man, this mod has a good rep floating around the forums.

I saw on Dayy's mod thread that the armies go idle and multiply after some time; do yours do the same or have you been able to script it to behave as a regular faction? Also, does this affect the AI? For example, if my ally gets destroyed by another faction can I send spies and assassins to his home regions to cause riots causing my dead ally to come back to life?

I saw on Dayy's mod thread that the armies go idle and multiply after some time; do yours do the same or have you been able to script it to behave as a regular faction?
    No idle armies, since im not using Horde ability it should behave just like any other faction.
    Also, does this affect the AI? For example, if my ally gets destroyed by another faction can I send spies and assassins to his home regions to cause riots causing my dead ally to come back to life?
    Yes it does, totally viable strategy now although I dont know if the game keeps track of the alliance once a faction is destroyed, probably will need to send a diplomat to forge the alliance again.

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl
    is there any screenies of how this is different from dey's?
    Nothing that can be shown on screenies for now, the result is basically the same (just different script) with the exceptions stated in the answers above, once i finish the Civil Unrest+Enhanced Rebels addition then there will be some stuff to show
    Last edited by Melooo182; February 21, 2014 at 01:51 PM.

Sounds really cool, I have some other questions if thats aright: does this only work if the faction is destroyed? For example, If I (Egypt) take over Constantinople but lose it because of low public order, (but the Byzantines still have some territory) what would spawn? A rebel army or a Byzantine army? Also, what if it happens to me? If the Sicilians take over my starting region of Alexandria but i send send enough Imams and assassins to cause low public order, would I get a free army to help take it over? Finally, how does the mechanic exactly work, does the territory simply switch owners with the army spawning inside the city or does it spawn in outside the city somewhere in the region?

In the end, I will probably only use the this mod and not the updated version once you add Civil Unrest + Enhanced Rebels. While i like the idea of the administration grinding to a halt after the faction leader's death, I dont't like that it wouldn't apply to the AI factions (I asked that in the Civil Unrest thread). It seems like an artificial and unfair difficulty increase. Either way, thanks for the rebellion mod, i'll install it later tonight!

This mod (in the current state) only adds the possibility of destroyed AI factions to return to play from the dead with a small military force, the rest is already in M2TW as it has some mechanics that allow rioting territories to return to their "original owner" if they are still alive. The spawned troops in that case is hardcoded i think, the engine select some units with an unknow criteria and place them in the settlement like when you use diplomacy to acquire or relinquish territories.

Civil Unrest for this mod will be an optional addon. There are some updates for core Re-Emerging factions you might want to get too, mainly minor additions like the spawned army variation through ages and code optimization (I might release this before the rest).

Yes original Civil Unrest mod affected the player only, already said some posts above that my version, which differs lot on the effects, will apply to the AI as well.

Ah, sounds good! then I'll definitely check out the updated version. Thanks!

Also, any idea when the updated/newer mod might be finished?

Core features of Civil Unrest are done but still doing lot of testing making sure everything works as intended.

About Re-emergent factions update, it still need some work, mainly finish to add the army variations to all factions...which is a lot of copy-pasta xD

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 9 2014 update

UPDATE!

Re-Emerging Factions part has been updated

Log:
    -Optimized Script to do less checks thus less impact on turn times
    -Fixed some other small bugs here and there, I think this time I squashed them all (practically remade the script and did it more carefully).
    -New Stuff:
    -Spawned Armies are different depending historical events separated more or less by 100 years each (~100 turns by default), the events are: Heavy Mail Armour, Partial Plate Armour, Full Plate Armour, Pike and Shot.
    -Only 1 faction can emerge per turn and in case they are destroyed again it cannot re-emerge until another faction does it 1st, it seems like a dick move but it's actually done to avoid any possible issues when two or more factions attempt to emerge at the same time from the same faction. For same reasons settlements being targeted by Jihads or Crusades wont be valid for re-emerge while the Jihad/Crusade lasts.

that's all for now

I'm still working on the Civil Unrest+Enhanced Rebels stuff.
    will be posting some sneak peaks (including screenshots) in the following days

Have fun!

1st post download link updated
    Last edited by Melooo182; March 09, 2014 at 11:14 PM.

Default Re: Viva la Rebellion! - Re-emerging Factions for SS6.4 - Mar 9 2014 update

Hi Melooo, I like your mod pretty much, bro. It is cool but ...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rusader-States.

I have tried and see that when installing your mod and this together, some of units of the Steel Crescent will be lost. Just ask if you can combine those mods to SS64, bro? It will be great. Many thank to your hard-working.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast