Thread: Which internet security do I buy?

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Default Which internet security do I buy?

I'm fed up with the free antivirus and firewall programs with their invasive pop-ups and 'vital' updates, and have decided to release the moths from my wallet and purchase some, but which? I had considered Norton 360, but have had issues with Norton in the past being a system hog...
    I'm a fairly hardcore gamer and like to keep as many resources as free as possible, and money isn't really an issue. Any advice will be gratefully recieved. Many thanks.

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

Default Re: Which internet security do I buy?

Microsoft security essentials that's the one you want

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

You wouldn't need to have any level of security if you play only games from Steam or bought at physical store, and never install anything from untrusted emails or websites, including sites like cnet.

Jakethe_Snake15's Avatar Ordinarius

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes. Haven't had any issues with either one. MSE is your protection, Malwarebytes is your scanner. Both are free.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Spader/Alan Shore "Boston Legal"
    I've always been convinced that friends should encourage friends to have their heads examined.

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for the advice, will check out MSE. I already use Malwarebytes, but it doesnt scan automatically - unless you pay for it...which I may well do...I hadn't thought of it! DOH!

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi