Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Quote Originally Posted by Spajjder View Post
    So has any of the problems Joe brings up been fixed?` Do you still earn one gold from enemies, have no possibility to complete quests together with friends, and suffer from constant crashes?

The game seems to be an utter mess atm, perhaps forever
    The comment about lack of gold from kills is kind of short-sighted IMHO. You get frequent and sometimes substantial monetary rewards for completing (parts of) quests. Quests you can only complete once, whereas you could (and people do) kill bosses over and over again. That aside, the value of money in getting you ahead in the game is limited, in my experience anyway.

I've not experienced many crashes at all. I've had a few broken quests, but they were fixed soon enough. In all, that's really not an issue.

Joe makes some good points about the schizophrenic nature of the game, as it tries to be both single and multiplayer at once. I'm not an MMO player and while I'm curious about the possibilities, that aspect of the game so far has certainly not drawn me in. I don't see how it could work without voiced chat anyway.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hey Muizer, you play Skyrim as well?

Well, i'm only somehow addicted to the base ES Sykrim game incl. the dlc's and a lot mods (for a few months, just still a little new to it), i won't go with ESO ... not my cup of tea.

As for making enough money, that item can be exploited easily ... in the meantime, and if i want, i know how to provide superior equipment for my character plus followers, buy/build the houses etc. pretty quick, and thus i rather try to "restrict" myself (going more slowly through the options), because else, it even can take away some fun and challenge in the whole - therefor using a good portion of realism-increasing mods, which not only increase challenge but also the fun. And for players who prefer start-help or an easier gaming, there are dozens of start-help mods out, which give the player everything (imo. kind of cheating mods).
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 08, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

PcolaTy's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Hey Muizer, you play Skyrim as well?

Well, i'm only somehow addicted to the base ES Sykrim game incl. the dlc's and a lot mods (for a few months, just still a little new to it), i won't go with ESO ... not my cup of tea.

As for making enough money, that item can be exploited easily ... in the meantime, and if i want, i know how to provide superior equipment for my character plus followers, buy/build the houses etc. pretty quick, and thus i rather try to "restrict" myself (going more slowly through the options), because else, it even can take away some fun and challenge in the whole - therefor using a good portion of realism-increasing mods, which not only increase challenge but also the fun. And for players who prefer start-help or an easier gaming, there are dozens of start-help mods out, which give the player everything (imo. kind of cheating mods).
    What type of mods are you using, are they off of the Steam Workshop, Skyrim Nexus, or both?
    Tyer032392 on the official Total War forums.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by PcolaTy View Post
    What type of mods are you using, are they off of the Steam Workshop, Skyrim Nexus, or both?
    Recently Nexus mods only (disabled a few Steam mods, which i had as i started with mods), plus, because using the german language version, a lot of TES Sharesoft.

As english language version user, you can get everything from Nexus without the Steam abonnement rubbish, while i also install everything manually, and using BOSS (which switched to LOOT now) for loadorder-help.

However, there are also always a lot buggy (and wip) mods out, one should invest a bit of time to research and choose wise for what you really need and/or provides a senseful content.
    With my current build i have no bugs or crashes whatsoever, all well ... and i never re-installed the game, but removed lots of tried/tested mods and pretty often started the game again from the beginning.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Skyrim.esm
    Update.esm
    Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
    Dawnguard.esm
    Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
    HearthFires.esm
    Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
    Dragonborn.esm
    Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
    3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm
    Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
    TKChildren.esm
    LMOverhaul.esm
    HighResTexturePack01.esp
    HighResTexturePack02.esp
    HighResTexturePack03.esp
    Malachit zu Vulkanglas.esp
    Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
    Chesko_Frostfall.esp
    SplashofRain.esp
    Cutting Room Floor.esp
    Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
    Bewachtes Himmelsrand.esp
    Birdsofskyrim.esp
    Coins.esp
    EnhancedWetnessandPuddles.esp
    Immersive Patrols Merged All.esp
    Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Default.esp
    Lanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.esp
    WetandCold.esp
    WetandCold - Ashes.esp
    SkyUI.esp
    AlteNordwaffenAufpolieren.esp
    1nivWICCloaks.esp
    Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
    Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
    Unique Uniques.esp
    3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp
    ERSO 03 - Mighty Dragons.esp
    ERSO 04 - Mighty Odahviing.esp
    ERSO 04.2 - Mighty Durnehviir.esp
    ERSO 06 - Wait More Time Dragon Encounter x2.5.esp
    ElysiumEstate.esp -> a wonderful house and site near Whiterun with kind of cheating character, because you pay nothing ( one should resist to make this your home too soon )
    ElysiumEstate-DG.esp
    ElysiumEstate-HF.esp
    ElysiumEstate-DB.esp
    HearthfireMultiKid.esp
    LakeViewManorUpgrades.esp
    Proudspire Manor Refurbished.esp
    Run For Your Lives.esp
    When Vampires Attack.esp
    The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
    Default Teammate Weapon Draw Distance.esp
    Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
    OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp
    Convenient Horses.esp
    dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
    dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
    dD-No Screen Blood.esp
    dD-Reduced Weapon Blood Duration.esp
    dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
    dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
    LMBalancingDV.esp
    LMBalancingDawnguardDV.esp
    LMBalancingHeartfireDV.esp
    LMBalancingDragonbornDV.esp
    Unique Region Names - Dragonborn.esp
    Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
    WhiterunAlivePiano.esp
    Provincial Courier Service.esp
    EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
    ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
    ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
    ELFXEnhancer.esp
    RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
    RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
    Duel - Combat Realism.esp
    ACE Realistic Fighting.esp
    ACE Speech.esp
    ACE Archery.esp
    ACE Archery Dragonborn.esp
    ACE Armor.esp
    ACE Enchanting.esp
    ACE Magic.esp
    ACE Melee.esp
    ACE Smithing.esp
    female npc animation fix.esp
    AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
    AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
    Purewaters.esp
    PMR - ELFX Compatibility Patch.esp
    Unique Region Names.esp
    NPCsUseAmmoAllBowsDV.esp
    TKChildren Merged USKP Patch.esp
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 08, 2014 at 10:43 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Spajjder View Post
    So has any of the problems Joe brings up been fixed?` Do you still earn one gold from enemies, have no possibility to complete quests together with friends, and suffer from constant crashes?

The game seems to be an utter mess atm, perhaps forever
    Lets remember that Joe have not finished main quest, final battle with Molag Bal and not been in Veteran zones. Some stuffs I agree with him, but it is too early to say on him when he get far in game.

An inherent problem with video game critics. Even if they are honest. Play the goddamn game for months and then give me a review, or even better give me a review on release and one year post release. Why? Because by that time there will be a gazzilion of patches, dlc's and a immense game experience. I found Skyrim stellar the first week, yet later and later it got more and more dull and full of shortcomings.

The point being he is not wrong, there is nothing that sets apart ESO from tons of other MMOs. Besides, being Elders scrolls.

So does anybody play this anymore, I noticed it kind of disappeared from the internet as a subject.

Yup, still playing. Worked myself through most of the PvE content. It's a nice, casual game. Just starting with the PvP side of things. Not at all sure I like the mainstream type of game, but perhaps I can find an interesting niche.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Waiting for become free to play then i'll roll into it.

What do you guys think about Bethesda dropping the subscription? I havent played ESO (mainly because of bad reviews + high fee), but since it's becoming fee free, should I give it a go?
    http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scr...-subscription/

ROFL, we all saw it coming.... Im glad this MMO trend is going down. Hopefully we wont see any company with a successful game/universe trying to milk it through an MMO any time soon. (*cough*bioware*cough*)

Since its free i guess you can go on and just try it out, if you dont have to worry about bandwith and etc...
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

well you still need to buy the game, it's just a one time fee instead of that +subscription, so personally I'd wait a bit for a sale or something (assuming they keep it at $60).

Although what the population is like, everyone I know was a bit underwhelmed so idk how this has been doing for player retention
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

^ From what i understood you can actually play for free? Without the one time buy, but with 90% of the stuff locked for you, like in SW TOR.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Nope, from the eso website

If you’re new to ESO, you’ll make a one-time purchase of the game and then continue playing without restrictions for as long as you like.
    it looks like the monthly fee is just for more xp and gold, and either temporary or no restrictions to content they add later.
    Last edited by empr guy; January 23, 2015 at 02:34 PM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

TASS07's Avatar Miles

Got Eso since launch, always felt like it was massively underrated. Didn't play much lately, perhaps I will do so now, if this gets some people to return to the game. Generally I am not one of these hardcore MMO people, more the casual type. But at the same time I am always a bit scared of games like this one going f2p, too often they just screw it up when they do it and it is either "free to loose" or "pay to win". Compare SW:TOR for a taste of that...

What they're doing here doesn't sound to bad of an idea though, we'll have to see how it plays out. From what I was told it is pretty much was Guild Wars did, although I never played that and as such cannot really judge that. Anyways, they updated their FAQ, for those that have questions. Answers most that arise now:

http://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=UK

From that FAQ:
    What restrictions are being placed on the game and players now that subscriptions are no longer required to play?
    None. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is the full version of the game, with all previous updates and content additions, including the new Champion and Justice systems.
    What is ESO Plus?
    ESO Plus is an optional premium membership offered to players with the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. ESO Plus memberships will be offered in 30-, 90-, and 180-day durations.
    What are the benefits of ESO Plus membership?
    ESO Plus offers members exclusive in-game bonuses, a reoccurring allotment of crowns and access to all downloadable content (DLC) game packs for the duration of membership:
    30-day Membership:

• 1500 crowns at the start of each 30-day membership period
    • Access to all downloadable content for the duration of membership
    • Exclusive character progression bonuses for the duration of membership

• 10% bonus to experience point gain
      • 10% bonus to crafting research
      • 10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
      • 10% bonus to gold acquisition

90-day Membership:

• 4500 crowns at the start of each 90-day membership period

180-day Membership:

• 9000 crowns at the start of each 180-day membership period

I am a current subscriber to The Elder Scrolls Online and my subscription will be active when the game transitions to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. What happens to my subscription?
    The remaining subscription time will automatically transition to ESO Plus membership. You will receive the applicable allotment of crowns as described above. No refunds will be offered on existing subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    What do you guys think about Bethesda dropping the subscription? I havent played ESO (mainly because of bad reviews + high fee), but since it's becoming fee free, should I give it a go?
    http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-scr...-subscription/

ESO has been neither deserving of bad reviews nor expensive over the past year. The future is less certain though, now they'll start selling stuff you'd otherwise have to acquire through gameplay.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    ESO has been neither deserving of bad reviews nor expensive over the past year. The future is less certain though, now they'll start selling stuff you'd otherwise have to acquire through gameplay.
    Except, the game shouldn't even exist in this known universe.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    I don't see why not tbh.

TASS07's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I don't see why not tbh.
    Me neither.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast