Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I also had my fears of this MMO killing all other game development ala Blizzard style, but now that you mention it, Skyrim made so much money (even more than some CoD games) that they couldn't possibly ignore the possibility of another classic TESO game.
    Another difference here is that Blizzard, even though it's massive and has multiple teams, is still just one studio that can only split its attention so far, and clearly it has neglected Warcraft strategy while WoW has been out.

Bethesda Game Studios is not working on TESO at all. The MMO is not going to delay them from any projects they are working on or planning.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I have only played WoW as an MMO and a little bit of guild wars. (been years since I played any of them)
    so far my experience has been:

WoW:
    leveling was fun
    groups were fun
    economy was fun
    progression, slow but fair however too repetitive for my taste.
    PvP was balanced (lol) somewhat and each class seemed disctinct (back in WOTLK)

Guild Wars 1:
    Leveling was similar to wow
    exploration was cool but seemed limited
    PvP was retarded, the amount of explosions, weird animations... very bad...

so what about ESO? is it good? I have seen over-hyped MMOs before? how is this any different? played skyrim and the combat was pretty repetitive and downright bad in some other instanced like missing hits that should be impossible to hit because the mob just lagged/slide/bugged out of ranged.
    now they are selling preorders that unlock races in random factions or the super preorder that unlocks the imperials... honestly what the ?
    people are paying 15$ already and you lock content because of this? wow... oh and this unlocking race thing happened in any other mmo like lets say WoW it would break what little lore there is left in it.

it just seems like this game is an epic fail waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Toho; April 13, 2014 at 01:13 AM.

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post

now they are selling preorders that unlock races in random factions or the super preorder that unlocks the imperials... honestly what the ?
    people are paying 15$ already and you lock content because of this? wow... oh and this unlocking race thing happened in any other mmo like lets say WoW it would break what little lore there is left in it.

Imperials aren't even that good. Sure they are quite cool in morrowind for instance, but in an mmo? We have the fighter, mage, theif and... talker?
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

What ? There is class that is called the "talker" ?

romanlegion13th's Avatar Semisalis

really talker class lol

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Its a decent MMO guys, lets sit back and watch where they take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    I have only played WoW as an MMO and a little bit of guild wars. (been years since I played any of them)
    so far my experience has been:

WoW:
    leveling was fun
    groups were fun
    economy was fun
    progression, slow but fair however too repetitive for my taste.
    PvP was balanced (lol) somewhat and each class seemed disctinct (back in WOTLK)

Guild Wars 1:
    Leveling was similar to wow
    exploration was cool but seemed limited
    PvP was retarded, the amount of explosions, weird animations... very bad...

so what about ESO? is it good? I have seen over-hyped MMOs before? how is this any different? played skyrim and the combat was pretty repetitive and downright bad in some other instanced like missing hits that should be impossible to hit because the mob just lagged/slide/bugged out of ranged.

I'm watching a stream of it and it reminds me a lot of rift in terms of the map with random mob spawns (except they happen much less frequently), combat looks pretty standard mmo style, lots of combo/ability attacks (it looks like normal attacks are glitched atm and ~75% of them dont land lol, not really unexpected a few days after launch though).

Compared to skyrim/previous games it looks like they really ramped up crafting which I think is good (although it leads to crap tons more items), magic looks actually useful, dungeons don't look like the same circle design from skyrim which is nice, and I haven't seen much else.

It really doesn't look bad, I would try it if it were subscription or single purchase but I'm on a bit of a budget cut for games so I can't do both, but if you're already playing WoW/GW/whatever, then I don't see anything big that would make you switch unless you're a huge ES fan (I've only seen the level 1-10 stuff though)
    Last edited by empr guy; April 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

like I said, I have not played wow in years and I don't know if I have the time to to play that game again (work, school and life, money is no issue to me).

however if I do play it would be something that I can just pop-in and out and still get enough content and not spend every day grinding endlessly. I am not saying I want to be doing epic raids if I play 1 hour a night or 2 but at least when I join a PvP battleground I wont be decimated in every shape or form.

of course all of this is besides the usual complaints like bugs, repetitive quests, lack of quests, lack of content, lack of cities or villages, lack of balancing, lack of content (scenery) and etc...

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Got it pretty damn cheap on some obscure site and I'm actually quite liking it, but I realized I just don't have the time to play MMO'S.
    Why can't I win the lottery and while away my time....
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Well Toho it looks like most quests average to ~15 minutes, dungeons are a bit longer 1 hour a night of questing would probably make decent progress; it looks like pvp is basically end content only (and takes quite a long time); you can enter the area at level 10 and you get scaled to level 50 but the buffs/abilities you get from actually leveling are very strong, so you would have to invest a lot of time into that.

There are tons and tons of quests though, once you get to level 50 you can go to other alliances start areas and do those quests, pretty much the same kinds you would get in skyrim.

I should probably stop watching streams of this game, because now I really want it
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Its precisely just like any other MMO.
    The way they alow lvl 10 players do PvP with Buffed stats, its the exactly same thing on SWTOR.
    I guess it doesnt matter as long you like the lore and stuff, but so far i didnt seen anything realy original in this MMO.
    And i dont think as nothing to do with Skyrim or any single player elders scrolls at all.
    If anything is Skyrim without the detail and fluf and gameplay. From watching a gameplay earlier of PvE, after some time i just couldnt watch it anymore, wondering how much skyrim is so much better.

of course all of this is besides the usual complaints like bugs, repetitive quests, lack of quests, lack of content, lack of cities or villages, lack of balancing, lack of content (scenery) and etc...
    yeah pretty much, welcome to the world of MMOs... if you like the lore, and setting, its mostly what matters in this type of games.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 20, 2014 at 02:17 PM.

I watched a really long Angry Joe review and few of my friends shared their experience with me, so from what I can tell this game is "meh".

If you like the style of quests from skyrim then 100% this game is for you, if you just want an mmo then it's worth the subscription or box price, maybe not both.

the pvp area is a very interesting idea, but I have no idea why they let people go there at level 10 because they get wrecked by the npc's let alone other players (even with buffed stats they still have their low level gear and abilities so.... the buffs are useless), there are also some insane dungeons that would be impossible if you have a team level 50 or below.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

I watched an Angry Joe video where he didn't care for it at all, then watched a second Angry Joe video where he got into the PVP and actually really liked it.

So I don't know where he stands on it now.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I have semi-agree with Joe about ESO, but lets remember that he is still under level and have not maintained get main story done or get to veteran rank. So far this ESO release remind me like Rome 2 release: A lot bugs on npc or blocks in quest. Bots/gold seller spams in game, poor group system, some quests are boring.

But what I really like in this game is PvP itself. I have managed finish main story and get veteran rank so can travel to veteran zones. PVP is fun so far... i like big battles with siege weapons.

I have semi-agree with Joe about ESO, but lets remember that he is still under level and have not maintained get main story done or get to veteran rank. So far this ESO release remind me like Rome 2 release: A lot bugs on npc or blocks in quest. Bots/gold seller spams in game, poor group system, some quests are boring.
    For me it reminds me any other MMO in the market exactly. It will no doubt atract the casuals for some period of time.

I don't know where some of you are worried about them not making single player elder scrolls games. Skyrim generated ~ a billion dollars and did like a hlaf a billion in two weeks. You don't just throw something like that out the window.

Regarding this game, it looks like to me. Defintely not my style, looks more like World of Warcraft than the SP game im used to. Can't imagine paying 50 dollars and on top of that $15 a month. That is more than i spend on all games for a whole year, so spending it on one game is out of the question.

I don't know where some of you are worried about them not making single player elder scrolls games. Skyrim generated ~ a billion dollars and did like a hlaf a billion in two weeks. You don't just throw something like that out the window.
    I hope so.. but you know Blizzard did that back in the day, after Releasing World of warcraft, they never made again a single player warcraft game since, and was a quite sucessfull, and profitable single player titles...

Regardless im hoping Betesheda isnt like Blizzard so. I would pay no mind to that.
    BTW:
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 23, 2014 at 04:27 PM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    I watched an Angry Joe video where he didn't care for it at all, then watched a second Angry Joe video where he got into the PVP and actually really liked it.

So I don't know where he stands on it now.
    He gave it 5/10 which to me says: "this game is crap". After watching a lot of videos of him playing the game, I have to agree with him.

7/10 is acceptable.
    8-9/10 is awesome.
    10/10 is a must have game.

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

So has any of the problems Joe brings up been fixed?` Do you still earn one gold from enemies, have no possibility to complete quests together with friends, and suffer from constant crashes?

The game seems to be an utter mess atm, perhaps forever
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast