Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New 8 minute Elder Scrolls Online cinematic and Imperial Edition announced

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    I figure I might as well, I've done about everything I want to in skyrim/oblivion so I'll probably try it out while waiting for the next game; I'm thinking this game means TES VI is going to be quite a few years away yeah?
    Luckily, this game does not have a lot to do with TES VI. Zenimax is the company making this, Bethesda is not really involved. They have their name on it, allow Zenimax to use their world and lore and probably help out a little. At the very most, I predict VI is going to be delayed a few months.
    But hey, it could still be five years from Skyrim

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: New 8 minute Elder Scrolls Online cinematic and Imperial Edition announced

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    You can play both first and third person, i saw it on a demostration. However giving the graphics and the low level of detail as its usualy in a MMO, comparing to asingle player game, i dont see much sense playing first person.
    The graphics are pretty good.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Luckily, this game does not have a lot to do with TES VI. Zenimax is the company making this, Bethesda is not really involved. They have their name on it, allow Zenimax to use their world and lore and probably help out a little. At the very most, I predict VI is going to be delayed a few months.
    The nice thing about TES games is that a few years later they play like a completely different (much better) game. I got quickly bored with Skyrim, but with the mods out I've been addicted for a month now. My game folder is about 27 gig.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    The graphics are pretty good.
    For a MMO they seem to be ok, even though i seen better in MMOs, but as i said comparing to a single player game, or to skyrim for instance, they arent very good, and they have less detail.
    I realy cant find the apeal to play on first person mode in this game.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; January 31, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

I was not aware of that, this mmo wont be as bad as I thought then lol
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Actually Zenimax owns the world (okay, Zenimax Media). They just assigned it to their Zenimax Online Studios division instead of Bethesda. Of course even that's confusing. Zenimax Media was founded by the founder of Bethesda Softworks (Which is now the publishing entity for Zenimax Media). Of course if you look too much at corporate governance you'll get twisted around as I probably am here.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Yeahi was under the impression that zenimax was an offshoot of betesheda of sorts.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Actually Zenimax owns the world (okay, Zenimax Media). They just assigned it to their Zenimax Online Studios division instead of Bethesda. Of course even that's confusing. Zenimax Media was founded by the founder of Bethesda Softworks (Which is now the publishing entity for Zenimax Media). Of course if you look too much at corporate governance you'll get twisted around as I probably am here.
    Well that might be true (absolutely no idea so I'll take your word for it ), but I guess there will be different guys working on it, no?

Well that might be true (absolutely no idea so I'll take your word for it ), but I guess there will be different guys working on it, no?
    I flipped back and forth between Wikipedia pages . Yes, there are different guys working on it. What it could do is make them more hesistant to put out another Elder Scrolls game if the sales don't go too well, but I don't understand how the industry decides what games to produce.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Nice cinematic. About the game? Well you should watch the game play videos instead.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Fun little cinematic.

But really though, while the Nord and Elf was running about being all badass, the damn Bosmer did not achieve jack squat. He got owned like three times and then turned into a necromancer. Good job there.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Breton, not Bosmer. The Bosmeri were the ones who wore the skull helmet and got skull helmet and regular skull smashed.

And really, who do you expect from a Breton?
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Rewatching the video it seems like it was the plan to possess him all along anyways. Not that he put up an impressive fight but the other two were just being distracted with hopes of death.

Zenimax Online Studios Pickpocketing skill: 100

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Zenimax Online Studios Pickpocketing skill: 100
    needs more zeros...

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Yeahi was under the impression that zenimax was an offshoot of betesheda of sorts.
    Of sorts yes.

Technically Zenimax owns Bethesda, but Bethesda actually created Zenimax as their own parent company to make it easier to get funding and to branch out into other media if they wanted to.

From what I understand anyway.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Of sorts yes.

Technically Zenimax owns Bethesda, but Bethesda actually created Zenimax as their own parent company to make it easier to get funding and to branch out into other media if they wanted to.

From what I understand anyway.
    That was my understanding. What's interesting is that it isn't publicly traded like a lot of the publishers are.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well I do like how the gameplay mechanics work, nice that the combat is real time and seems a bit different.. but it looks terribly boring to be honest.
    Mechanics are all fine but its just.. well sound effects and animations dont seem that great for combat. Could use some havoc so the enemies will go down in the way we got used to in elder scrolls. As it is even Morrowind's combat seems more satisfying since it actually sounds like you are hitting something.

Also, they need to tone down the screams. Its combat, not sex.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yh combat seems boring. My favorite character in Skyrim usually focuses on combat manipulation. Tactical shield bashing, staggering and a well timed Fus Ro Dah wins most fights and are damn fun to execute. None of which seems possible in this game where the warriors seems to be slicing at immaterial ghosts that don't react.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm disappointed......this trailer doesn't capture the essence and soul of the Elder Scrolls. Those beasts look too much like something out of World of Warcraft. If I didn't read the title, it would only have been when the Imperial City came into view that I would have realised this was meant to be an Elder Scrolls game....

The Nord looks so stupid as well. Nords are the great heroes of Men in ES lore; Ysgramor and Tiber Septim being a part of this great race amongst others - and yet here they have depicted the Nord hero as a dumb incredible hulk. That Breton prince is also too badass to be a Breton and the Aldmeri Queen's bodyguards don't look like either of the three races that faction represents.......

Rant over, back to Oblivion.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast