Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online

Default Elder Scrolls Online

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...tion-announced

A new fancy bit of pre-rendered cinema is available for The Elder Scrolls Online, and pre-orders can now begin for the physical Imperial Edition for the MMO. Finally our very own Mudcrab.

Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement, Molag Bal, is also in 12" statue form. There's a 21" x 26" map of Tamriel, a 224-page guide to Tamriel, and exclusive digital treats.

No horse armour... but we do get a horse; the White Imperial Horse. A Mudcrab vanity pet awaits our adventures and the Rings of Mara, which give a boost to XP when in a group.

The Elder Scrolls Online Physical Imperial Edition

▪ Molag Bal Statue. A 12” statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement.

▪ The Improved Emperor’s Guide to Tamriel. A 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar, Flaccus Terentius.

▪ Physical Map of Tamriel. A 21” x 26” printed map detailing Alliance-controlled zones and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil.

▪ Steelbook™ Packaging. A limited edition steel case decorated in the color of the Imperials.

▪ Exclusive Collection of Digital Content.
    Play as an Imperial: Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more.
    White Imperial Horse: Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with speed.
    Mudcrab Vanity Pet: Explore Tamriel with a mudcrab pet scuttling along by your side.
    Rings of Mara: Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when you play together.

So we have to pay extra to play an Imperial?
    Ill pass.........

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: New 8 minute Elder Scrolls Online cinematic and Imperial Edition announced

Yeah, at first I was thinking of getting it just to get at the lore.

But everything lately is really underwhelming.

The cinematic is fairly snazzy though. Nords ultimately win of course, as is Proper Tamrielic tradition. (okay okay, the Mer ain't dead either but she's just lucky the Nord's too honourable to kill her when she's down. At least everyone can agree that the Breton is a pussy and should be replaced by a Redguard or, my preference, an Orc as their faction's posterboy)
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Default Re: New 8 minute Elder Scrolls Online cinematic and Imperial Edition announced

The underwhelming thing about EOS is that the best parts about TES wouldn't work for an MMO.

High quality looking movie though, I'd watch that if it were a trailer for a film, I know better than for a video game.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    The underwhelming thing about EOS is that the best parts about TES wouldn't work for an MMO.

High quality looking movie though, I'd watch that if it were a trailer for a film, I know better than for a video game.
    The better the trailer, the worse the game.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Looks like some korean mmo trailer. Nothing too fanciful.

Looks boring.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

It really does, even the lore set-up seems dull. I don't know how these MMOs usually go (do they all need some big war in the background?) but I would've preferred it being set during a peaceful period in established lore, maybe when Tiber Septim had just set up the Empire, that would've been cool. The idea of exploring the whole of Tamriel is super cool but the more I see the more I feel they're just going to butcher it. Never was against the idea of an ES MMO but this isn't bringing anything new or particularly interesting to the table.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

I'm not predicting a game failure, it will be mediocre, but the force is telling me that this will be catastrophic financially.

The entire audience of Elder Scrolls is RPG fans, the people that despise MMO games for the most part. This was a dumb idea in terms of money.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Am I the only one here that doesn't understand these kind of trailers? If there is anyone out there who is stupid enough to think that's what you're getting in-game, he deserves the disappointment. I get that it's supposed to impress and draw attention, but as MrZany above me said, usually that means the game is pretty .
    €80 for the Imperial version + monthly subscription! In like 4 months you could have bought Skyrim twice! Twice!! And Skyrim will likely go down as an infinitly better game than ESO (for all Skyrim's flaws) and has a huge collection of mods to go with it. Makes you really wonder if those guys at Zenimax are touched in the head or something. Is anyone seriously going to buy this?

Protector Domesticus

If theres anything to get out of these MMO attempts its the pretty Cinematics, i enjoyed watching the KOTOR ones aswell.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I don't quite get the monthly subscription thing so I'll pass. Can't get the idea why you still need to pay every month to keep playing for the game you've already bought.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MrZanyGaming View Post
    The entire audience of Elder Scrolls is RPG fans, the people that despise MMO games for the most part. This was a dumb idea in terms of money.
    Agreed. I even know a few ES fans who want to see this game fail really hard. This bastardized adaptation doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table.

Beta gameplay

Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 30, 2014 at 04:03 AM.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

I know that's beta footage but it seems underwhelming (the trailer too), if the game was f2p I'd try it since I do like TES series, but buying it + a subscription just kills it for me.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

The beta gameplay looked about what I expected. Are you forced 3rd person though? I don't get people who play TES 3rd person, I find it very awkward, I much prefer first for it.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

About half the game play in that video is from first person, so I'd assume it isn't forced 3rd person.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    I know that's beta footage but it seems underwhelming (the trailer too), if the game was f2p I'd try it since I do like TES series, but buying it + a subscription just kills it for me.
    It wont be long before it changes to free to play. At anycase I doubt i would try the free to play version of this game. In this kind of MMOs it usualy has alot of restrictions as F2P.

I figure I might as well, I've done about everything I want to in skyrim/oblivion so I'll probably try it out while waiting for the next game; I'm thinking this game means TES VI is going to be quite a few years away yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    About half the game play in that video is from first person, so I'd assume it isn't forced 3rd person.
    I musta had bad luck because I kept advancing (didn't watch the whole thing) and it was always in 3rd when I did.

My shameful truth.

Welp fun trailer. I like the Nords strategy "Get out of my way I want to kill the big one!"
    2:37 Phier. Still looks like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I musta had bad luck because I kept advancing (didn't watch the whole thing) and it was always in 3rd when I did.
    You can play both first and third person, i saw it on a demostration. However giving the graphics and the low level of detail as its usualy in a MMO, comparing to asingle player game, i dont see much sense playing first person.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast