Thread: Installation?

Default Installation?

Hi all. I want to use this AI with vanilla game and don't get this installation instruction... Can I just replace original files with this one and start playing?
    ''When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace''.Jimi Hendrix

Default Re: Installation?

from XBAI readme :

Basic: XBAI ONLY (included files; battle_config.xml & config_ai_battle)

We are assuming that you have downloaded XBAI 4.0, and you know how to unzip files

FIRST,we will set up the cache clearing, and then install the files.

1) Go into the directories of all (read: NO EXCEPTIONS) installed modifications for M2TW (by default: ~\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\mod of your choice)Then add these lines to the top part of the config (.cfg) files:

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

2) go into the ~/data/world/maps/base directory and delete the map.rwm file in every mod directory where you are going to install XBAI

3) Backup your original 2 BAI files! (battle_config.xml) and (config_ai_battle.xml)

4) Copy the XBAI files (there are 2) into the Data directory, of the specific mod you want.
    here is an EXAMPLE ONLY (D:\Games\Med2\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data)

5) Start the game (NOTE: The map.rwm file will be created and load the newest files to memory. Recreating map.rwm takes time! especially when the first campaign is loading ; once the file is recreated no additional loading time will take place.)

(NOTE: Once you have implemented steps 1) into your config, it is only needed to clear your cache by performing step 2) when upating files, or if more advanced changes to your files have been made)

if you extract all contents of mediafire download link you get 7 different files:

battle_config
    config_ai_batle
    descr camp
    descr faction standing
    descr formations
    descr pathfinding
    descr pathfinding (DBF)

point is the instructions for installing this mod are god awful, there is not 2 files as posted above. and while I am being entitled to complain, is it really so hard for modders to write instructions that include where to put what files.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Hi I just got the steam version of Medieval 2 Kingdoms, and it looks like something was changed in the files directory of the steam version of Medieval 2. It seems I don't have any of the battle_config, config_ai_battle, descr_formations, etc. in my medieval kingdoms directory. I checked everywhere and it's not there, could use some help.