Thread: Comments and Suggestions

Default Comments and Suggestions

Ok, I see a comment and suggestions thread, but it is very specific.

A couple of comments....

They appears to be a pathfinding issue (I guess this might be a bug). I have a general stuck at the town of Wei Xing. I was able to march him there, but I can't see to move him the same way he came in. I can only attack the town, which I do not want to do. Consequently he has been there for most of the game.

I notice that neutral factions or any factions for that matter, can walk with pleasure through your territory with a declaration of war. I noticed in the negotiations you can negotiate military access, but I do not have any treaty of any kind with any faction within my territory. The AI seems to smartly use neutral factions to camp outside of your cities why another faction declares war on you. Generally match you man for men... a full stack will go to a city with a full stack. Perhaps you wanted armies to roam about, but appears the AI is abusing this feature.

Mapping Issue: I would like to see the Han River shown as a navigable river. I believe it will add a little more dynamic of play by having the river be navigable. The Confluence of the Han and Yangtze rivers would become a key strategic point on the map.

That's it for now.... thanks for the hard work!

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Comments and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    They appears to be a pathfinding issue (I guess this might be a bug). I have a general stuck at the town of Wei Xing. I was able to march him there, but I can't see to move him the same way he came in. I can only attack the town, which I do not want to do. Consequently he has been there for most of the game.
    Can you provide me with a screenshot or coordinates with details on direction traveled?

I notice that neutral factions or any factions for that matter, can walk with pleasure through your territory with a declaration of war. I noticed in the negotiations you can negotiate military access, but I do not have any treaty of any kind with any faction within my territory. The AI seems to smartly use neutral factions to camp outside of your cities why another faction declares war on you. Generally match you man for men... a full stack will go to a city with a full stack. Perhaps you wanted armies to roam about, but appears the AI is abusing this feature.
    There isn't any repercussion for traveling through another's territory, although we will take a look at it and see if that needs to be changed.

Mapping Issue: I would like to see the Han River shown as a navigable river. I believe it will add a little more dynamic of play by having the river be navigable. The Confluence of the Han and Yangtze rivers would become a key strategic point on the map.
    During this time I don't think the Han River was navigable much past its confluence with the Yangtze. There certainly never any fleets or attacks that used the Han River to move either upstream or downstream during the Three Kingdoms era. Any such movements into or out of Yizhou were along the Yangtze through Baidicheng or through the eastern passes via Shangyong and Xincheng.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Can you provide me with a screenshot or coordinates with details on direction traveled?

The direction I traveled (if memory serves) was east to west. I know there is a path because non- combatants go back and forth. AS you can tell I clicked on the general and he cannot go anywhere but towards the city. I was planning on attacking the faction but I then got involved in the confusing warfare of the other factions. (For example Jinan and Sun both declare war on me, but they both declared war on each other. Together they outnumber me easily 3-1, but they are literally fighting outside my cities walls presumably for the honor of attacking me. To make matters worse, Sun and simultaneously fighting a war on its eastern front as well. LOL, I still manage to take two Sun cities- apparently Jinan just rubs them the wrong way!

There isn't any repercussion for traveling through another's territory, although we will take a look at it and see if that needs to be changed.

This is the current army sitting at my gate. Bear in mind, I do not share a border with this faction. It is currently fighting someone else far away. Why is he here? It presents two problems;
    [1] It prevents me from moving troops out of the city out of fear that relations can change in an instant.
    [2] It actually hampers the movement of individual troops- making it harder to reinforce more prone cities.
    The AI will move these armies around. Sun prior to starting away, manage to move 5 full stacks next to a different city.

During this time I don't think the Han River was navigable much past its confluence with the Yangtze. There certainly never any fleets or attacks that used the Han River to move either upstream or downstream during the Three Kingdoms era. Any such movements into or out of Yizhou were along the Yangtze through Baidicheng or through the eastern passes via Shangyong and Xincheng.
    My mistake. The map was deceptive. It gave the impression the army moved down the Han at significant distance. What I have read was that Southern China was very different.... necessary to have navy and an army less reliant on horses. I am not sure if the battle are represented in such away (terrain difficult to use horses efectively etc,...). A more extensive river system I was thinking might render a more accurate portrayal. However, I am new to the military history of China.

Thanks
    Last edited by PikeStance; January 28, 2014 at 11:02 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

General not moving - I am a bit puzzled not to see the red\brown indication of a ZoC. But otherwise it would appear that the only spots that you could move to are occupied by those two armies. All the other spots appear to be either dense forest or river - the small, open spot to the right is deceiving as this is where the dense forest and the river meet.
    Tip - you can press ScrollLock to remove (and restore) the user interface on the strat map (No UI event) to get better screen shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    General not moving - I am a bit puzzled not to see the red\brown indication of a ZoC. But otherwise it would appear that the only spots that you could move to are occupied by those two armies. All the other spots appear to be either dense forest or river - the small, open spot to the right is deceiving as this is where the dense forest and the river meet.
    Tip - you can press ScrollLock to remove (and restore) the user interface on the strat map (No UI event) to get better screen shots.
    Yes, but those dense forest is the direction I approach the city. My hope is to either attack the city from the other direction or hope they attack me and I can force a a retreat. BTW, there is a "brown" area, but it is hidden in the shot.

Screen shot. I am a bit embarrassed, but I can't seem to figure out how to get one. I use the proper keys and the screen does something, but.... either it is not taking a picture or I can;t find where it gets stored. I resorted to using my cell phone. LOL

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

When you press "Print Screen" to take a screen shot, the picture is sent to your Medieval II Total War/tgas folder, where they can be found in .tga format.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

When you press "Print Screen" to take a screen shot, the picture is sent to your Medieval II Total War/tgas folder, where they can be found in .tga format.
    OMG,... I actually found them a long time ago... I was expecting to see the images, but instead the icon had my photo editors emblem and I didn't immediately recognized it.

Thanks