Thread: The Life And Times Of A Professional Killer - A Gladiators Tale [Coming Soon!]

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Default The Life And Times Of A Professional Killer - A Gladiators Tale [Coming Soon!]

The actual story shall begin soon...for now, enjoy this overused but ever-popular painting!

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: The Life And Times Of A Professional Killer - A Gladiators Tale [Coming Soon!]

I'm looking forward to this.

Just one major flaw - Gladiators didn't kill each other in the arena unless:
    A. Someone Paid a lot of Money to a string of different officials and the Lanista
    B. It was an accident (Or a wound got infected)

Besides that Fights were choreographed. I'll get the name of it, but there's a first-century text which records in the span of like 80 years and 300 gladiators, only 19 died and only 1 or 2 were on purpose.

Now, obviously you can completely ignore this, but I thought it should be mentioned. Either way, I love some Roman fiction!

Default Re: The Life And Times Of A Professional Killer - A Gladiators Tale [Coming Soon!]

So... You're telling me that the movie Gladiator isn't real? And here I go thinking Russell Crowe was related to Maximus!

Btw, GL McScottish!!!

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I'm looking forward to this.

Just one major flaw - Gladiators didn't kill each other in the arena unless:
    A. Someone Paid a lot of Money to a string of different officials and the Lanista
    B. It was an accident (Or a wound got infected)

Besides that Fights were choreographed. I'll get the name of it, but there's a first-century text which records in the span of like 80 years and 300 gladiators, only 19 died and only 1 or 2 were on purpose.

Now, obviously you can completely ignore this, but I thought it should be mentioned. Either way, I love some Roman fiction!

I'm aware of that, thank you Aetius Who said he was going to be in an arena anyway? In all seriousness though, I thought as much, I'll try to remember that when I'm writing scenes about guys being disembowelled and decapitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    So... You're telling me that the movie Gladiator isn't real? And here I go thinking Russell Crowe was related to Maximus!

Btw, GL McScottish!!!

Thank you, Dance. Yea, I always thought Crowe had some ancient lineage, but apparently it was all a made up story! Who knew, right?!