Thread: 'Leaving Note' Hotseat Forum - Aldor.

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Default 'Leaving Note' Hotseat Forum - Aldor.

Greetings fellow hotseaters and forum members,

I'm getting more and more time constrained as 20+ aged fellow.
    Read: Exams, making attempts on girls (), ...

This is the main reason why I un-installed the last game on my personal computer, Medieval II TW.

This means that I'll neither remain as GS member, nor participate in any HS activity further.

I might visit the forum from time to time, but this will be mainly in the non-game related sections such as reading Lortano's or Ngugi's stories to pass time and boost/rep (mainly Ngugi's) ego.

Concerning HS... I feel that I'm playing the turns too methodically. Using knowledge to secure that there are no supprises anymore makes the games become dull and boring as it takes away any random-ness.

My best and first hotseat game was versus Nice and I hated the later turns direly. Every single turn we both played nearly perfectly and this made it such a long-winded trench war. I made good advancements, but very slowly and painfully. Check all woods, settlements for unrest due to spies, seas, movement wars for each square ...

The only thing that remains is the cross-turn metagame win race against equal players. In other words, who can seal-club the lesser players faster and who finds more original plans over 50 turns such as bribes, movement point increasing traits, smart economy, diplomacy against the better ones...

TL; DR: Thanks for the great community.

I hope my contributions have been as useful as yours to me.

Game On!

PRACTICAL/

Since I trust Dux from the GS, I'll send him my admin passwords. I'll also send these to Matto.

Neither of the two persons are in any way responsible for those HS, they only keep the pass until a new admin is found.

NB: Ceterum censeo Nice-m delendam esse.
    Last edited by Aldor; January 24, 2014 at 07:46 PM.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: 'Leaving Note' Hotseat Forum - Aldor.

I'm very sorry to hear this, especially after you've just received the best admin award in the TATW community. I think we can cover your hotseats in WTW, but it going to be hard to replace you in TATW.

We will miss you.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Best of luck in those attempts.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I am always sad when players like yourself leave our Community as they are already part of it and you brought a lot to WTW and especially TATW.

I hope to see you again on this site sometimes but otherwise I wish you good luck a lot of success at university.
    TATW HS Community Award

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

I second Poach's post! Also thanks for your dedication to GS and the community!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

< Sorry for bumping this up. >

General reply to all the messages I've recieved:

Yes I've quitted entirely, both with HS and general forum participation.

I'm happy to see that there are no password issues, so I can now safely delete that behemoth word file.

The latter is the main reason why I poked around the TWC corner one last time.

Thanks for the nice messages that I've revieved. I don't reply to them individually but I did read them.

Again I really hope that you all enjoy your stay in the forum.

NB: For those who were betting reputation... The attempts are still ongoinging and no results have yet been achieved.
    Last edited by Aldor; March 03, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.