Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: BBW 8.1 Feedback and Suggestions

Default Re: BBW 8.1 Feedback and Suggestions

Hi repman,

excellent mod!

Just wanted to post my here!

+rep
    Last edited by toluas; March 07, 2009 at 01:42 PM.

Eskali's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by El Muerte View Post
    My 2 cents....

First of all I dont like idea of my Spartans and armoured Hoplites to fight as spearmen .....
    Second it's much nicer to see shield wall lowering their spears and getting in phalanx formation with overlaping shields as enemy charges...also a bit sword fight in phalanx is much nicer....instead to see entire unit using nothing but spears
    Also...BRAVO for Spartan comanders with /\ on shields.
    Can you make a entire squad of that commanders......to fight in phalanx as bodyguard?
    Becouse i dont like the idea took from 300 movie....at all........ you really screwd up on that one.......
    Please fix this.........add some royal guard instead of half naked spartans....also overhand spear thrusting is unrealistic and inpractical ( see in XGM forum thread subject: "Overhand Spear" )
    As for rest of units....skins, they look awsome......especially roman legionares.
    Agree

Some unit card pic's need polishing, e.g. Numidian Heavy Spearman, and some unit descripts are not using proper grammar. Maybe removing two roman factions and creating others(Backtrians, Illyrians, Saminites etc.), Also the factions need to control more territory, they are not fighting each other enough they are just killin' rebels.
    But other than those minor faults it is brilliant!
    Don't take life too seriously no one gets out alive anyway.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

I ahem played Scythia and was laughing so loud at the voice over taunts..."Go fcuk yourself","I am going to poke your eyes out and skull fcuk you!" OK its coarse,but its funny when playing first time. I only do not like the LOR trumpet sounds and Rohan charge noises,it gets boring,especially being fan of Tolkien sorry. The RTW trumpet/horn was OK. You used another movie hmm can't recall,I had a big battle and heard some sounds I recall somewhere,but not RTW. Darn good job.heh.

In your optional Maps you could remove a Roman faction and replace with say baktria or Perganum???

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

when i first installed this mod, i tried all of the campaigns, but the map was screwed up. instead of there being land as green and land like it was water but had the outlines of the land. anybody know why this is?

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Not sure,sounds like you got flood disaster on your turn????? Seriously though I did not encounter this? Is it in a bug thread???? Which campaign was it in? All or one???

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

all

Libertus

Good MOD.

But why is it when building walls is if freaken damn expensive 20K dinarii. Thats insane but at least it challanging is that wat it was meant for.

Plaut's Avatar Civis

I am almost always in minus even when i dont have any damn unit what sholud i do? This some new system of finance. Is there any guide how to manage my finances

Quote Originally Posted by Plaut View Post
    I am almost always in minus even when i dont have any damn unit what sholud i do? This some new system of finance. Is there any guide how to manage my finances
    Doubt you will ever see this but check export_descr_buildings it sets all the governor buildings to (-8) to trade. If you want to play without modding it a little, capture the colossus on Rhodes and you should have enough to get by just don't build walls.

Hello all !

I'm new to forums, i joined cause i need some help on (Bare Bones Wars) mod, i'm having problems with installing it.

(Note) " Unable to create this file: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\campaign_map_reset.bat "...

I use a vista, i un-installed rome total war, no other mods on board at the time,i re-installed rtw with fresh new files in " C:\Program Files "... its on version 1.5, it was updated by patches 1.3 and 1.5 in order...

If someone could give me some info i would be most greatful.

Thanks, User "Deer".
    Last edited by Deer; June 10, 2010 at 09:43 AM.

Icon10 Re: BBW 8.1 Feedback and Suggestions

Best mod of Rome total war ever belief me i played very Manu mods but is is THE best i played i played it wit. Low graphics becuse mi computer is little slow and it was so butifill

Pls help me.I just can play History Campain and i can't play any Campain in the RomeBBW campain list.When i clicked start and nothing happen just have the message "please choose...." (.i hope you will show me how to fix it soon.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456