Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.1

Default Re: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.1

@chaplain118
    can you please give some more error description ?
    Which campaign, which year, faction, when pops this screen up ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

it was a custom battle map

I have something similar to a bug in my Bare Bones. Some generals (uknown which exactply, maybe randomly), start new military counters after some time. For instance, they have 7 years of MS, the next turn they have a new counter MS 1 Turn, instead of 8 years MS. They are both there, but only the new counter works.
    Recently I had a case where the second counter started, then stopped. The character had 10 years MS and then got 1 year MS as a new counter. He was promoted to Legate and the 10 years counter started working again, the 1 year still standing, but inoparative :hmmm: This happens also to the AI, and quite often. Is it my mod, my RTW, or the mod? Anyone else had the problem? And what is the possible solution? Thanks in advance

@chaplain118
    which custom battle map ?

@octavius
    Is is possible you play a 3Families campaign, playing the scipii or brutii? The roman careersystem is only working correctly for the julii
    What do you mean by "is it my mod", have you changed certain mod settings ?

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

silk road map

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

It happened on all 3 campaigns I started so far, all are unified Rome (Julii). Yes, I have altered my mod by excluding the penalty for troops in the field - I fealt it annoys me, personally, so I can just fix this small nuisance for me in a GREAT mod. The bug is now on 50% of my generals, but now, the new counter just appears - it doesn't work. For instance, I have a general with 6 years MS, next turn he gets the mistirious clone trait, let's say, 1 year MS, but it stays there and does nothing (for now). I played BareBones, Mudnus Magnus and Webbird's Historical Europe on H/H with Unified Romans. I did not touch anything else in the mod. Sometimes I use cheats (for, let's say, a 1000 denarii I don't have ), but I don't think it's connected to the issue.

It seems this bug does not screw my game so much. Those counters, they appear again and again, but only stay there. Hell. Also I noticed, strangely, that after Marius reforms I get different training in different cities. What do I mean : For example, in my current campaign, I have built Medionalum and Patavium as quite prosperous cities, but even after building an Army Barracks, I can't train any kind of legionaries. Aren't they part of Italy?? Also, I should be able to train Early Legionaries in any province after a certain barracks level, no?
    Also, in certain cities (current campaign - Halicarnassus and Corinth are examples) I can build every sort of Marian and Pre-Marian troops except Late Legionaries and Praetorians. How does that happen ?!

@octavius
    i have no idea if this bug comes from the original leadership files, my poor implementation or an installation problem,...sorry

Post marian units you can only create in the italien heartland, praetorians only in rome, premarian troops everywhere (except triarii)
    Post marian in halicarnassus is a bug

repman

repman

I have the same problem reported by sdjenkyn. I have tried greek peltasts (heavy peltasts and mercs work fine for greeks), and macedonian peltasts and they do not fire in battles on webbirds map in battles nor in custom battles. They don't work for me or the AI. When in battle, they show that they make the motion they are firing but fire no javelins, do no damage, and show no loss of ammunition. I checked the export_descr_unit file and compared their lines to peltasts that do work and could find no discrepancies. I am using Darth's formations btw; haven't tried with Sinuet's. Anyway, if anyone has any information on this problem please respond. Thanks.

Well, at least the military service bug is only a minor nuisance.
    Bad thing is this recruiting bug. I think I'll be starting a new campaign

Another bug, I think. CTD on Webbirds Historical Europe, Unified Rome, 277 BC Autumn. I press End Turn and it sends me to desktop.
    Note: It crashes when Pontus has to make a turn.
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; November 26, 2006 at 02:34 AM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by sdjenkyn View Post
    its strange indeed I thought maybe it had something to do with unit class since when I control-H for my infantry , skirmishers select to that grouping instead of the usaul missile grouping. By the way how tedious is it to add all barbarian buildings to vanilla or any other mod? I am just now starting to get the hang of basic txt editing but was thinking about trying something a little more ambitious. Yes seen the walk throughs but your opinion and experiance would be appreciated.
    Lusted's tutorial is virtually perfect. Follow it to the 't', and you'll have to do nothing else.

Hi!
    First off, I'd like to thank you for the hard work that went into creating this MOD. It is clearly a labour of love and care. Thanks for sharing it.

Now, to my issue at hand-after installing the mod according to instructions, the game freezes during loading-read further for details, please.

1. I installed Rome Total War Gold (clean install), and BI (which patched RTW to 1.3).
    2. I patched RTW to 1.5 as per installation instructions.
    3. I Installed Barebone 8.0 in the correct folder (/the creative assembly/Rome Total War) and successfully patched it to 8.1
    4. I entered command-line switches -show_err -mod -nm(no movie, in order to speed-up loading time)
    5. The MOD loads well, I select "Provincial Campaign", pick Germans , select Mondus Maximus (sp?) Unified Rome campaign map, select difficulty (h/h), and start campaign, but... when the loading screen comes up, the game basically freezes and I can't even get out by giving it the good-old three-fingered salute (cntl-alt-del), and have to basically manually shutdown and reboot. I am not even sure what the problem is, I haven't seen this issue in this thread or on this forum. I reinstalled the entire set-up several times at this point, only to be stumped by this. It is entirely possible that the problem is not even Mod related, it could be another issue entirely. I think I am going to reinstall again and try the game in Vanilla, see if it works that way. I am going to post the result, but for now I just wanted to get the ball rolling in troubleshooting this issue and fish for any comments/solutions which maybe out there.
    6. I have played other mods, including RTR 6.0 and DarthMod 8.1, and RTRPE. I made a fresh install for the BareBones Mod (each time I tried to install it). :hmmm:

OK, I've tried it with a fresh copy of vanilla RTW, and it turns out that it isn't the problem with the mod at all-same hang-up while loading a campaign for the very first time. I am trying to work it all out by re-installing video drivers, and if that doesn't work, then Logitech's mouse drivers will be the next to go (only changes in my system since I last played RTW which worked). At any rate, if anyone has any other suggestions, please kindly respond.

@gromal
    maybe you ask in the technical forums ?
    hope you get it installed correctly

@octavius
    sometimes there are random crashes, can you jump over the it ?

repman

thanks, repman. I hope I can get this thing fixed, I am really looking forward to playing your mod. Thanks for taking time to develop it.

Yeah, it was a random crash, just wondering WHY PONTUS. I started the same capmaign and now it works. I was wondering another thing, but it is not a bug or technical issue.
    How can I make an efficent military system? I mean, how can I achieve a certain number of legions, field and consular armies that I want, without having too much new emerging young generals that would also want a Legion? I don't know if you understand me, but a want to make a realistic model of an Army/Legion, where when the old legate decides to retire, there is ONLY ONE young general for that post with 10 years of military service... I know it's up to me to calculate this, but isn't there some other way ??

Oops, that was a double post. Anyway, someone help me with the military system??
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; December 02, 2006 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Double Post

Overall, I think this is a very good mod except
    for one issue. For example I conquered Alexandria
    as a Numidian faction from the Egytians. The city
    rebelled and threw me out, then the next turn, the
    Egyptians had a whole stack of Egyptian chariot generals
    as their army. I don't mind rebellions but I think city unrest
    is way overdone. This also happened to me when I was
    playing as Numidia, and I captured the sourthenmost city in
    southern Spain by the straits of Gilbrator. (I forget which)
    My question is this, is their a way to modify the game to
    reduce the city unrest or to remove the barbarian invasion
    religious cultural modification and make it similar to the
    Rome Total war 1.5 religion system?:hmmm:

@octavius
    - so you want to kill everyone except for one young person ?
    - you want to stop all the military development of younger tribunes except for one. Put them in settlements and they will change to former tribune

@tigercat
    There is no religion in standard rome 1.5
    to reduce city unrest give higher bonuses for buildings on higher levels

repman

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast