Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.1

Default Re: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.0

Hi repman! I have made my AI formations mod adapted for BBW 8.0 I'd like put in the downloads or into your thread so you can try. But I don't know how to do. Can you help me?

@fabiocorr
    What have you changed ?
    zip the file and attach it here to your post

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

I have made my personal ai formation
    I'v modified phalanx formation. I do a standard formation for barbarian and other factions
    and 2 formations for romans : 1 premarian and 1 postmarian
    and I put even in the zip the movement modifier file modded by mee.
    I dont know how attach the file, I try. can you tell me how attach in my post?
    Last edited by FabioCorr; October 17, 2006 at 04:20 PM.

@fabiocorr
    you files are small ?
    click--> "go advanced" and there you can manage attachements

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

In posting rules I read I can't post attachments so nevermind. I have made formations for the AI more compact and units closer. The file is very small 35 kb I just want make you and community try it and see if you like it. well no problem.

@fabiocorr#
    I have thought you have changed my existing ai formations, so you have modified the vanilla ones
    upload it at filefront or similar

repman

Hi Repman. What's happen if I have installed patch 1.6 too after 1.5? It doesn't matter right?
    Last edited by FabioCorr; October 22, 2006 at 10:10 AM.

Default Re: Bugs/Technical Issues BBW 8.1

Salve all!

So, completed the download at last.I thank GOD for that.But a CTD.Nothing can be worse than that when you are playing with all enjoyment and suddenly it crashes.Well, i got a crash when started a custom battle as the GREEKS.Anybody could explain me how to deal with that???
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

@romanus
    use the show_err command to show the error message
    does it crash just before starting, after just starting the custom battle, or later in the battle (whixch action did you perform) ?

repman

Quote Originally Posted by repman
    @romanus
    use the show_err command to show the error message
    does it crash just before starting, after just starting the custom battle, or later in the battle (whixch action did you perform) ?

repman
    It crashes as soon as i start the custom battle that is when the loading is complete and i'm zoomed in towards the general.(otherwise could be a good battle)
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

ignasigh's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by repman
    @ignasigh
    I think i have not understand the problem. Is the crash happening in standard BBW or have you modded my mod ?

repman
    Hello repman, modded by adding this unit. But I also added any others without any problem. Don't bother about it.

I've got other problem with 8.1, I'm playing 3 families provincial campaing with mundus magnus and I'm scipii. What's happening is that brutii are always breaking its alliances and redoing them EVERY Turn. Since we're "united" I cannot fight Greece the way I want because I'm always in peace with them!!!

Hi, I have a major problem with the installation of the mod. I did everything you said: installed vanilla version, 1.3, then 1.5. When i ran the mod installer, everything was going fine until it got about 2/3 of the way when it was installing barbarian sprites, and whatnot, it suddenly gave me an error saying that the file is corrupt or something, and asked me to either "abort", "retry", or "ignore". I retried but gave me the same thing. I then tried reinstalling it...so the second time it was fine at the beginning of the installation, but now it gave me the same error at about 1/4 of the way through when it was installing some armenian unit files...yeah, and after i abort the installation, at my tast icon bar there is a message saying that i should run chkdsk or something. It's pretty messed up, and i really want to play this mod

@martin
    - you have the problems with the installer for BBW 8.0 i suppose, not for the patch 8.1 ?
    I think your file is corrupt (maybe not totally downloaded ), so maybe you download it one more time from the other source

@ignsigh
    an effect of the peace script for small factions (example brutii size < 3 countries), then most of the surrounding factions (as greeks) are set into alliance with the brutii. because scipii is allied to brutii you are although set into alliance or peace with the greeks. Maybe you wait a little bit or attack another faction...

repman

sdjenkyn's Avatar Campidoctor

I've been putzing around with your mod and enjoying the crap out of it but I keep running into a very strange technical issue. This only happens when I play the Greeks.....only played them in webbirds unified map. My peltasts and any foot soldiers who use pilum/ javelin attacks dont actually throw any even though they are going through the motions of doing so. I double checked the unit stat txt and everything seems in line with other peltasts despite the obvious....so where can I look or what can I modify to rectify this? Its annoying beyond belief. Btw , militia cav doesnt seem to have this problem . Anyway outstanding work from all .

@sdjenkyn
    i know, this is only a graphical bug (the pilums have effect)...don't know how to change this

repman

Actually there is no effective damage from pilum or javelin......I assumed at first it was just graphical but there is 0 ammo diminishing and 0 losses to the enemy unit prior to melee engagement. I did find Darths thread about range to distance +/- modifiers for skirmishers and cav but after reviewing your stats they are well within the proscribed guidlines, also these units work fine playing as carthage ,scythia and britton ,only factions Ive tried other then greek. Your reply may actually be the last word since I know not were else to look but i thought maybe with a little more info something might ring a bell. I appreciate you getting back with me on this . thx

@sdjenkyn
    maybe its an problem in my files or a problem in general with the model ?

repman

its strange indeed I thought maybe it had something to do with unit class since when I control-H for my infantry , skirmishers select to that grouping instead of the usaul missile grouping. By the way how tedious is it to add all barbarian buildings to vanilla or any other mod? I am just now starting to get the hang of basic txt editing but was thinking about trying something a little more ambitious. Yes seen the walk throughs but your opinion and experiance would be appreciated.

@sdjenkyn
    there are good tutorials here about adding BI buildings (from Lusted) and at the .org.

repman

um... is the Silk Road suppose to end up as a map of just water that kills everybody?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast