Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: [Official Submod] Turns per Year Options

Default Re: [Official Submod] Turns per Year Options

Weird, I could have sworn these were the same build times and tech times from vanilla. My bad then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Actually its x2 for them, we wanted to increase them but not too much (x4).

They are actually asking for these numbers to be divided by half (back to vanilla 1tpy values). We can create one.
    That would be very cool if you did. Honest reason, I don't have as much time to play these days but love the mod. It would be great to have a faster campaign experience. Having a one and half year old will do that to you!

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by AstroCat; July 13, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

Here you go - http://www.mediafire.com/download/it...ch_submod.pack

also added to main page

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

double

Here you go - http://www.mediafire.com/download/it...ch_submod.pack

also added to main page
    Thanks! Do you need to start a new campaign for it to work correctly? Also curious if it changes the unit/building costs?

No its save compatible. Only changes build and tech times.

No its save compatible. Only changes build and tech times.
    Do you think it will "mess up" the game balance without unit/building costs being reduced to match TPY 1?

It won't significantly impact anything, since the time in the game is already sort of abstracted against what's going on in the campaign map.

Researching faster and building faster won't significantly effect game balance since it effects both the player and AI.

*DELETED*
    Last edited by Hyrus; July 19, 2015 at 05:22 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Dresden & All,
    I have used the "Four Turns Per Year Hardcore Mod" for 4TPY.
    I indeed saw Building Cost and Recruitment Cost multiplied by 4, Unit Upkeep increased by 50%, and perhaps other changes. But the AI upkeep was 4 times lower than mine. I haven't noticed other three changes:
    - Build Times - they're still as previously 2, 4,6,10 rounds (btw - I've tried also the mods from this thread, no effect either);
    - Research Times - they're as fast as it was previously (as above);
    - Land Campaign Movement - is not really restricted.
    Besides, I understand that you haven't changed the requirements for Reforms, but we can do it according to the instructions you've put on the "Manual" page (I did it).
    I also confirm some conclusions of the previous posts:
    - prices for Navies are not multiplied and it seems ridicously cheap to recruit (or is it the idea to recruit navies just for an action, and then to let the ships go?);
    - experience necessary for a Spy has been lifted from 8 to 32 (for the first rank), but for the generals it is 24 and for the armies 20.

To fix the lack of changes to Campaign Movement I've used the "Reduced movement range for land units" Donkanallje's Mod. It is the most important change to the campaign gameplay giving the tactical dimention to the game even though I'm still missing the possibililities to block movements through putting up forts in MTW2-SS and RTW-EB.
    I've also modded the DeI very files to change Build Times and Research and tried this.

The result:
    I was crushed as both Pontos and Armenia by the small neighbouring countries (Kappadokia and Kartlis, on H/N and N/N). I didn't have either time or money to build any army, while they were recruiting as usual. Kappadokian were beaten by Galatians (Mazaka taken), left with 4 units, my army of 10 units was defeated by them asssited by Samosata's garrizon, and when I returned after 6 rounds with some new units, I faced their new army of 20 units (plus garrison).
    It seems the AI is not restricted by money at all, both for recruitment and upkeep (I could see the upkeep: 1/4 of the human player's costs).
    Besides, the restrictions on the movements prevent me from reaching the AI settlements quickly which (combined with this "no AI money restriction") prevented from gaining anything even after a lucky event (Galatians killing the Kappadokian army).

So my conclusion is: from the gameplay perspective it's not worth to quadruple+ the recruitment costs for the human player while leaving the AI as it is. Maybe you can play for some time with it as Ptolies or Rome, but it's no-go not with any other faction. It seems the Dresden's mod increasing the upkeep and recruitment costs by 20% is enough to make the campaing difficult, more is not reasonable.

Using the "Reduced movement range for land units" also makes no point, since when you crush the enemy army in your lands, the AI will have time (and money) to raise another army, before you actually reach it's city. I think we have to live with sudden incursion, settlement-hopping and lack of tactical dimention.

Best
    JoC

The AI will always have bonuses, especially on higher difficulties. That is one of the only sure ways to keep them viable and a challenge.

The 4TPY cost mod is not really something I would suggest anyway, DeI is well balanced I think for what it is without the need for it. I provided it because it was requested.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112