Thread: Questions about Rise of the three kingdoms

Default Questions about Rise of the three kingdoms

1. How do you get to Di Du (The Imperial Capital of Han)? I have tried to get my diplomats and spies to get to the area near the city but it seems the way to the city is blocked by trees/forest (there are some rebels spawned in the inaccessible area as well: north of Gong An)

2. How do you recruit Zhuge Liang? I have tried more than 10 times bribing him but he keeps declining.

3. How do you get an Emperor title?

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: Questions about Rise of the three kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by siege89 View Post
    1. How do you get to Di Du (The Imperial Capital of Han)? I have tried to get my diplomats and spies to get to the area near the city but it seems the way to the city is blocked by trees/forest (there are some rebels spawned in the inaccessible area as well: north of Gong An)
    Di Du can not be reached and is supposed to be inaccessible. The reason for this is so that the Han Emperor can act like the Papacy in vanilla, although the mechanics for this have not been implemented yet.

2. How do you recruit Zhuge Liang? I have tried more than 10 times bribing him but he keeps declining.
    You have to have a huge amount of money, although this will be changed some time in a future update to make it a bit easier to recruit him. If you play as the Liu Clan and perform their special mission system, you will acquire Zhuge Liang a short time after taking Xin Ye.

3. How do you get an Emperor title?
    You can't currently. In the next update, both King and Emperor titles will be partially implemented, meaning you can acquire those titles and some bonuses, however the full mechanics for their usage are not fully fleshed out.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    You can't currently. In the next update, both King and Emperor titles will be partially implemented, meaning you can acquire those titles and some bonuses, however the full mechanics for their usage are not fully fleshed out.
    oooooo Emperor Lu Bu or Emperor Meng Huo sounds nice to me.
    This signature is clickable

Is there an easy way to increase the number of men within units in the same way you can on Empire?
    For example you can change the multiplier from 1.5 to 2.0 and a 250 unit will become a 500 unit.
    As it is now the battles are fought with puny armies on a massive map.

Thanks

Engine limitations.

Anyways, here ya go.

You have to have a huge amount of money, although this will be changed some time in a future update to make it a bit easier to recruit him. If you play as the Liu Clan and perform their special mission system, you will acquire Zhuge Liang a short time after taking Xin Ye.
    i have about 800-900k when i tried to bribe him. How much do i need to get him into joining my faction?
    oh ya, one more thing. Is it normal whenever i play as the sun clan, i never get any missions.

Depending on the situation and the amount of time that has passed, his Fealty might be at a point where he is unable to be bribed. Not every character is "bribeable," due to the function of their Fealty stat.

Civis

Tried to run a search, but either I missed it or hasn't been mentioned (?) I'm just curious as the different ideologies available for each faction. For example, Factionalism, Revival, etc.
    While some are self-explanatory I have been curious: What goals do each culture/ideology represent?

I'm not sure, but I think the Liu clans where mostly Revival, Cao and allies wanted to unify, under his banner, and the factions on the periphery were mostly interested in carving up their own "kingdoms". I'm sure someone who knows more can give you a more thorough response.

Revival means reviving, politically speaking, the Han dynasty; unification is pretty self explanatory and can include puppeting the emperor or doing without, division would be a sort of free for all grab as grab can. Again, someone can probably go more in-depth. Seether where art thou.
    Last edited by DeVrie; April 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM.
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

Sorry, been finishing up with my Uni finals

DeVrie is correct. But the easiest way to understand what each "religion" is, is to mouse-over the "religion" trait for characters. But anyways, here is the list of "religions":

Revive the Dynasty (Revival): The people want to revive the Han Dynasty and restore it to its former glory.
    Birth of a Dynasty (Dynastic Change): The people wish for the Han dynasty be replaced by a new and vigorous Dynasty.
    Isolationist: The people desire internal security and peace free of interference from all outside influences.
    Factionism: The people want to form an independent factional state free from central administration.
    Foreign Culture: The people dislike Han customs and want a new and foreign culture to follow.
    Daoism: The people are inclining towards the extremely metaphysical teachings of Lao Zi.
    Daoist Revolution: The people believe that the old order has collapsed, and that a new Heaven, faith and order will take its place to lead the people to the era of Great Peace.

hm..I actually never seen the daoist revolution. I bet its the kong rong fraction since I only played a few fraction not all of them

Daoist Revolution is Zhang Yan and the Heishan (Black Mountain), if I remember correctly.

Civis

Sorry, been finishing up with my Uni finals

DeVrie is correct. But the easiest way to understand what each "religion" is, is to mouse-over the "religion" trait for characters. But anyways, here is the list of "religions":

Revive the Dynasty (Revival): The people want to revive the Han Dynasty and restore it to its former glory.
    Birth of a Dynasty (Dynastic Change): The people wish for the Han dynasty be replaced by a new and vigorous Dynasty.
    Isolationist: The people desire internal security and peace free of interference from all outside influences.
    Factionism: The people want to form an independent factional state free from central administration.
    Foreign Culture: The people dislike Han customs and want a new and foreign culture to follow.
    Daoism: The people are inclining towards the extremely metaphysical teachings of Lao Zi.
    Daoist Revolution: The people believe that the old order has collapsed, and that a new Heaven, faith and order will take its place to lead the people to the era of Great Peace.

Thanks for the info. I knew that Revival and Dynastic change were obvious, given the fate of the Han Dynasty was the underlying cause of the Three Kingdoms era. It's interesting to see there are factions with their own goals as well, which also makes sense given the chaotic nature of the setting.

Senator

So does that mean that the don't want to conquer new regions and would prefer to turtle?
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Supposedly, but having the AI do that and not take advantages to grow more powerful is tough to do. But in the end, every faction's goal is to win.

Senator

Well that's true but I meant it in a roleplaying sense :I like the map position of Liaodong but I found it weird that they are Isolationist enventhough their leader is described as warlike.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

In a role playing sense, yes. And they can be isolationist and warlike. Isolationist is not the same as pacifist; it just means their scope of war and aggression is much closer to home and more so for security and peace.