Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Faction Research] Angband and Orcs

Default Re: [Faction Research] Angband and Orcs

Feanaro speak with passion...
    Hehe, like Feanaro

Too much tall orcs, and "apple orc"...
    No, if they would be elite units, only in a limited area, and within a certain time. Basically i agree that elvish orcs could be main power.

And about galvorn armour, Feanaro is right...too much inacurate with Tolkien's lore.
    hmmm

So you are saying they would use a metal which could only be made by one person
    Really? Eol has not had a son?
    And the son did not betray Gondolin?

Best regards and good luck to the team from yours great work!

Thanks, Iskandar!

I'm not sure if Maeglin knew the forge's secrets of his father...i can not remember!

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Really? Eol has not had a son?
    And the son did not betray Gondolin?
    It is not probable that Maeglin learned to make it (And I am of the opinion that he couldn't, as there is no mention of it after Eöl's death).
    And even if he did, it doesn't seem the sort of thing that could be easily mass-produced. Of course, as Total War games have an alternate history potential, it is not guaranteed that Maeglin will turn traitor in a playthrough of this mod.

In the original timeline, it happened due to some very specific circumstances, namely Morgoth capturing him and managing to turn his lingering resentment to treachery after torturing him.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

I'm not sure if Maeglin knew the forge's secrets of his father...i can not remember
    Maeglin said her mother - I have learned all that my father has to teach

easily mass-produced
    no, but for elite morgoth guard its quite possible

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    I don't really think a 'Gothic' style fits Tolkien though.
    Of course not but it doesn't mean beautiful things cannot be produced with a 'gothic' style

I always imagined a mix of Archaic, Medieval Roman and Late Dark Ages style for Númenor. The Archaic parts which I thought of as being rather Hellenic or Punic in nature, fitting the sea and sailing-oriented Númenórean culture, the Medieval Roman part because of their 'shiny' and ostentatious nature, are appropriate for the fabulously rich Númenor (Somewhat like this armour or this sword) and finally the late Dark ages stuff serve as a link to Númenor's heirs.

I rather liked this one of his Númenórean concepts.
    Of course and that's his major source of inspiration for the Numenoreans but given to their technological prowess (they built aiship's for Eärendil's sake !) I think including some pieces inspired by the Renaissance (like for this concept) is a good shot.

However, I found that images like this one look too 'sci-fi' or 'stereotypical fantasy' for my taste.
    It isn't "sci-fi", Sauron's outfit is inspired by mediteranean and asian clothes. It's a really cool costume for me.

Quote Originally Posted by iskandar13 View Post
    Maeglin said her mother - I have learned all that my father has to teach
    Wow that's a good answer (but it's possible that Eöl wouldn't teach Maeglin how to do Galvorn). However you just have to imagine : Maeglin is captured and just after he is released to come back to Gondolin and then killed. It's true that in the earlier versions he helped Morgoth to build siege engines though and that idea isn't completely "Wtf" but very unlikely.

P.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Of course and that's his major source of inspiration for the Numenoreans but given to their technological prowess (they built aiship's for Eärendil's sake !) I think including some pieces inspired by the Renaissance (like for this concept) is a good shot.
    That was only in the Lost Tales
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

That was only in the Lost Tales
    Right, my mistake. But the Numenorean still have some XV-XVIth centuries qualities : They act like Conquistadores in Middle Earth, like portuguese to be more precise, building colonies on the coasts, they have extremly powerful weapons (steel-bow) and the tale of Anarion and Erendis does have a taste of Colombus (but not only of course). Their technology is better than other people, way better, they build towers from a stone no one really knew of, they have the Palantiri of the Elves, even without mentionning Orthanc or the Othram they built so many epic settlements and places.
    But definitely more greek-roman inspiration. Turner point me to The Course of Empire by Thomas Cole : great inspiration for Numenor !

P.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Milner View Post
    Is Middle Earth TW a open source?, i didn't knew...and we are using many open resources (1066 Conquest, Age of Vikings and Fanatics...).
    Bit late on this topic, but MeTW definitely is open source. The files should be found somewhere in a thread, afaik even started by Nelduin. But I doubt that MeTW's files are still online.

I've been working to make MeTW playable on a small scale and updated most textures (work resting atm, due to RL), including the Orcs. So, if you need anything, just ask me. Unfortunately most of the screenshots have been removed when the forum was updated.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Jagmodo re-uploaded the mod few days ago, but I'm thinking to upload it at ModDB. That would be the solution to keep a perpetual backup, just in case (ModDB do not usually delete downloads).

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Maybe this could be a good portrait for Morgoth as it is quite similar to the model you've created: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs46/f/20...entaMainyu.jpg.

Actually Bercor is making the protraits based in RL faces, so...will be a surprise!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123