Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Units

Default Re: [Preview] Units

And, thus, my suspicions are confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Nope! Clue: it is said of them that they are courageous warriors, even if their leader is a coward.
    Your clue would only match the House of the Harp. Their lord Salgant was cowardly so his men deserted him to aid Glorfindel.
    Color of their robes initially confused me into dismissing that option. I always imagined them wearing black (their lord was Maeglin's copycat anyway).

Exactly! +Rep. Next guess (the guys at ModDB already found the answer, so don't cheat ):

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

That's easy, just look at the helmet.

Yes, or the shields.

Sorry for the critic, but those axes look really impractical to me. Especially to be handled one-handed.

The guy who handle the axe is quite... special, you may say .

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

If I remember correctly, Dramborleg was a two-handed axe. Is it possible to have the officer with a different animation than the unit?

Sorry for the critic, but those axes look really impractical to me. Especially to be handled one-handed.
    Don't worry...critics are part of a mod development (and it may help us to improve a final model/skin/code/script...)

I didn't find a Dramborleg picture (i didn't made a long research, that's the true)...so i'm usin a large one in a saxon style, as i think the Hadorians/Marachians people must be (a mixture of viking/saxons)...if i improve this unit as a 2 handed axeman i must remove the shield, so i'm in a crossroad about this...

Your suggestions are welcome, you know...

f I remember correctly, Dramborleg was a two-handed axe. Is it possible to have the officer with a different animation than the unit?
    Yes, the officers' may have a different animation .

Anyway, as i said in our MODDB page, the unit and "special character" will be reworked, adding more details on their clothes and some changes in the models if is needed.

Here's my suggestion: get rid of Tuor's shield (it's lore accurate, aswell as more pleasing to the eye, if you're planning to keep Dramborleg) and make him stand out from the other House of the Wing's soldiers (maybe a different helmet or armour).

Or if he has to handle his axe with two hands, maybe we can carry his shield on his back?

Edit : the only picture I could find of Tuor and Dramborleg was this one:

I quite like the design of Tuor himself, btw. Great shield, great helmet, great weapon.

Edit 2 : I found those too, finally:

Last edited by Nelduin; March 21, 2014 at 06:22 PM.

Who are they?

That seems more than one unit.
    House of the King?

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Out of curiosity, why are some of the metal textures..strange? They seem rather blurred.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Out of curiosity, why are some of the metal textures..strange? They seem rather blurred.
    I believe it's the reflective surface of the texture. It looks blurry because it's reflecting the black orcs.
    Last edited by Bercor; March 22, 2014 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    That seems more than one unit.
    House of the King?
    Indeed, Turgon's Bodyguard and Gondolindrim Swordmen. There is also House of the King (armed with halberds) but I think you can't see them in this screenshot. Here is one where they are visible:

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Thoses textures are gloss files, they simulate reflexes, as Bercor said .

It's as Bercor said, these reflects are not the same if you fight in different climates/atmosphere maps...for example, if you play in a LotR's Mordor map you had not these reflects, because there's not sun or bright skies to reflect the metal elements. It's very different too if you fight in a deep forest, as in these last pics.

House of the King have 3 different units:

-Turgon's guard (+Turgon himself)
    -House of the King (these halberds above)
    -House of the King phalanx (as Tolkien wrote about them in Quenta Silmarillion -Nirnaeth Arnoediad-)

Welcome (public) to the team, Bercor .

My pleasure.

I like the gloss maps they giving something that makes the units look better.Great work team

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

im really waiting for this mod , i hope you guys make it even better than LOTR TW , the units look awesome good luck ^_

Guards of Barad Nimras
    Barad Nimras was a tower on a headland westward of Eglarest built by Finrod Felagund. Its purpose was to watch the western seas, and warn of any naval attack by Morgoth's forces. As Morgoth never mounted any attack from the ocean, the tower was never in fact needed. In the year after the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, though, Morgoth did launch a land-based attack on Eglarest and Brithombar, and Barad Nimras was torn down at that time by the very foes it was meant to guard against.

The name Barad Nimras means 'Tower of the White Horn', but it's far from clear what the 'white horn' represents. It may be a reference to the tower itself, or perhaps to the narrow cape on which it stood.