Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Units

Default Re: [Preview] Units

Another sneak peak to help you waiting Valinor's Host Preview:

Dwarves!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Algaman's Avatar Tiro

OMG! Nelduin, Awesome units!!!!!

PROUD TEAM MEMBER

They are Milner's! Can't wait to see you work Algie btw, Milner speak highly of you .

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

I learn by his tips and helping him in his first works...he's a true modeller (not myself, i'm only a simple man), and the credit for these units goes to Wlesmana...another great master on 3D designs...not to me, i only change his models a few, here and there

+Rep to the first to tell me the name of this unit:

I dont know the name, but they r beautifull...

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    +Rep to the first to tell me the name of this unit:

I'm really tempted, but I've already answered once.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Renly's Rainbow Guard?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nice work!

Great that you like!, and many thanks in the name of all our team .

The secret to know what unit is...is easy if you take a look on the shield (as Feanaro knows ).

Thanks for these nice screens (here and there), Nelduin

Quote Originally Posted by Jagmodo View Post
    Renly's Rainbow Guard?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Nice work!
    Nice try, but thanks God it isn't . Come on, I'm 100% sure you know what unit it is .

Indeed

Archers of the Heavenly Arch (House of the Heavenly Arch)?
    That would be my guess, due to this phrase in the Silmarillion: “But they of the Heavenly Arch being a folk of uncounted wealth were arrayed in a glory of colours, and their arms were set with jewels."

Well done! +Rep to you . Next picture to guess very soon.

+Rep to the first who thell me what is this unit:

Elves or Troll?

Ok, that is harder than the last one which was quite easy. This one doesn’t look as any of the Houses of the Gondolindrim. I’ll guess Falathrim (elite) Archers. By the way, this unit is truly beautiful. I really like swords and details on the cloth.

One note:

Trolls were first mentioned in Silmarillion as the bodyguards of Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs, during Nírnaeth Arnoediad:

Last of all Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed; and it is sung that the axe smoked in the black blood of the troll-guard of Gothmog until it withered, and each time that he slew Húrin cried 'Aurë entuluva! Day shall come again!' Seventy times he uttered that cry; but they took him at last alive...
    Of course, it is not excluded they were used in earlier battles too. Olog-hai appeared in the Third Age as a separate breed of Trolls which were smarter and could withstand sunlight. Sauron improved Morgoth’s "creation".
    Last edited by Jagmodo; March 20, 2014 at 05:11 AM.

In fact, this unit is from one of the Gondolindrim Houses .

Troll and Orcs are still LotRTW's ones, but Milner and Algaman are working on brand new Orcs for the mod.

House of the Swallow?

I don't think so, if it was House of the Swallow they would use feathers in their helmets. I believe I know the answer, but I won't steal all the rep for this questions.

Nope! Clue: it is said of them that they are courageous warriors, even if their leader is a coward.