Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mac Mod Guide

Default Re: Mac Mod Guide

I tried them, but they dont work.
    Do you think the italian states mod or knights of malta works with trom ?

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

I tried them, but they dont work.
    Do you think the italian states mod or knights of malta works with trom ?
    Hi Shennia,

Let me know what you are having issues with and we'll get it sorted our for you.

On the Italian States Mod and the Knights of Malta, they should run with TROM. The only issue is the TROM unit stats are different than vanilla, so Italian and Maltese units will have different range, and costs, than their TROM counter parts. However, if you don't mind this slight difference, you could give it a shot.

I'm limited in what I can put in my first ever post.

I downloaded the unit variety mod, the fullversion, unziped it with the 7zip and put the .pack files into my data folder. I wrote the mod "bla bla bla mod.pack" command into advanced tab (even put it first) but it immediatly crashed my loading screen

thank you for beeing so cooperative !

Shennia,

You need to write the word mod, not in quotes before the name of the .pack (which should be in quotes), end with a semi colon:

Like so:

mod "additional_units_mod.pack";

Hi, I've been running a couple of basic graphic mods for a while with no problems, and have just tried TROM with the .pack files. However, when I get to the campaign and I click next turn it crashes immediately. The battles run fine but it's starting a new turn that does it. By a process of elimination it seems to be the TROM core files that are causing the problem. Any advice?

Setup: "mod "trom_battlesounds.pack"; mod "trom_loadingscreens.pack"; mod "trom_flags.pack"; mod "trom_blood_smoke_medium.pack"; mod "patch_aum_graphics.pack"; mod "No_platoon_fire.pack"; mod "mod_grandcampaigngraphics.pack"; mod "trom_text.pack"; mod "trom_core_part_1.pack"; mod "trom_core_part_2.pack";

Ignore that last message, hadn't done the start position and lua files. Incredibly useful thread, if you actually read it all :-/ nice work.

I switched to Napoleon now
    I will try out some mods there !

Thanks for all !

meehizzle
    Ignore that last message, hadn't done the start position and lua files. Incredibly useful thread, if you actually read it all :-/ nice work.
    Glad you got it working, and yes there is a great deal of information in the thread. I wish I did a better job organizing it, maybe a future mission...

Shennia
    I switched to Napoleon now
    I will try out some mods there !

Thanks for all !
    The principles for modding Napoleon and Empire are the same. So hopefully the information you gained here is still useful.

hey guys i bought Napoleon total war on steam for mac I got The Great War Mod and Darthmod

So I got the result after two days Darthmod doesn't have sound and The Great War Mod crashes every one in a while

I'm sorry if I missed it, but is there any way to enable playing as minor factions and still have 4 turns per year in TROM? I tried downloading the minor factions startpos from a TROM subthread but it doesn't work on v1.7. Thank you for this amazing thread and any help you can give in this matter.

I'm runnning these ok so far but I would like to play as the Knights of Malta if possible.
    mod "patch_aum_graphics.pack";
    mod "trom_battlesounds.pack";
    mod "trom_ornamentum.pack";
    mod "trom_core_part_1.pack";
    mod "trom_core_part_2.pack";
    mod "trom_loadingscreens.pack";
    mod "trom_text.pack";
    mod "trom_blood_smoke_medium.pack";
    mod "trom_flags.pack";
    mod "mod_grandcampaigngraphics.pack";
    mod "knights_of_malta_mod.pack";
    mod "unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6.2.pack";
    mod "StrongMinorNations.pack";

I'm sorry if I missed it, but is there any way to enable playing as minor factions and still have 4 turns per year in TROM? I tried downloading the minor factions startpos from a TROM subthread but it doesn't work on v1.7. Thank you for this amazing thread and any help you can give in this matter.

I'm runnning these ok so far but I would like to play as the Knights of Malta if possible.
    mod "patch_aum_graphics.pack";
    mod "trom_battlesounds.pack";
    mod "trom_ornamentum.pack";
    mod "trom_core_part_1.pack";
    mod "trom_core_part_2.pack";
    mod "trom_loadingscreens.pack";
    mod "trom_text.pack";
    mod "trom_blood_smoke_medium.pack";
    mod "trom_flags.pack";
    mod "mod_grandcampaigngraphics.pack";
    mod "knights_of_malta_mod.pack";
    mod "unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6.2.pack";
    mod "StrongMinorNations.pack";
    Twoweeks,
    Sorry 4 the late response, been on vacation.

It is possible to modify the startpos.esf that comes with TROM 1.7, to unlock factions. As far as I can tell this is the only solution.

Step by Step guide:
    (I expect this is going to be a little time consuming, so put some time aside 1st)

1. Download the ESF Editor 1.4.8 & file wrapper I listed on the first page of this thread.
    It is the 4shared link listed under the title: Turns Per Year Editor

2. To access the esf editor1.4.8 you need to update wineskin.

a. unzip ESf editor.zip & open the folder, inside you will see:
    ESf editor1.4.8.exe
    ETW turns editor.exe
    file wrapper

b. double click on "file wrapper", this will open Wineskin.

c. Click on Advanced -> then -> Tools -> then click on -> Winetricks

d. Under the drop down menu "dlls" scroll down to "dotnet40" it's description reads:
    "MS .NET 4.0 (Microsoft 2011)"

e. Check that off and click on "run". This will initiate a process and wineskin should try to download a new .NET framework with your browser. In the same window the tasks are running in wineskin will give you instructions on where to put the files once they are downloaded. once this is downloaded, and put in the correct folder, run the dotnet40 thing again in wineskin. this should work, and now your wrapper will have the .net framework needed to run ESf editor 1.4.8

3. Right click on EsfEditor 1.4.8.exe -> select "open with -> select the file wrapper included in the download (which you just updated).

This should open the esf editor, and allow you to select your current startpos.esf (which in your case would be your 4 turn per year startpos for TROM).

4. Think that was hard? Now we get to the hard part, unlocking factions. The best guide to this is here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...D-startpos-esf

This will guide you on how to unlock a minor faction, clear fog of war, set starting treasury and so on.
    Last edited by The_Athenian; July 09, 2014 at 03:05 PM.

I'll be sure to try that and see if it works thanks!

Hi I cannot find the data folder. I go to where it is supposed to be and all that is there is a "shortcut.icns" thing. No data folder. Can someone help me find it?

Hi all, this is going to come across as very dumb but I'm trying to get the unlock all factions mod working on my ETW v1.1.1 on mac. Ive downloaded the startpos.esf and placed it in campaigns->main folder and started the game. However only the major factions show up. Ive watched youtube tutorials and simply can't seem to get this to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

emfarkas,

Hi I cannot find the data folder. I go to where it is supposed to be and all that is there is a "shortcut.icns" thing. No data folder. Can someone help me find it?
    The data folder is in your Empire Total War application, which should be in your applications folder. Right click on it and click "show package contents"

Then open the folder that says "Resources"

Inside there will be a folder that says "Data"

Inside THAT folder will be another folder that says "data" (all lowercase) this is where all your files should be...

pippins,

Hi all, this is going to come across as very dumb but I'm trying to get the unlock all factions mod working on my ETW v1.1.1 on mac. Ive downloaded the startpos.esf and placed it in campaigns->main folder and started the game. However only the major factions show up. Ive watched youtube tutorials and simply can't seem to get this to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    When I updated my version of Empire: Total War to 1.1.1 something strange happened. A new folder was created called "override_data"
    Inside was a "campaign" folder -> followed by a "main" folder. The cool thing about this new folder is that anything in it will override files in your data folder, that means that you can place modded files in here without accidentally overwriting your vanilla files. The only issue is if you don't know it is there…then you get your issue.

So what you do is right click on your empire total war application. "Show Package Contents" duh. Then below the resources folder, look down, way down, there should be a folder called "override_data", follow the file path to the "main" folder in there. And place your modded startpos.esf in that folder. That should override any vanilla startpos in your normal data->campaigns->main folder

​if you don't have this override data folder let me know, and we'll go from there. Good luck!

I have yet to find a Darth mod installation guide for NTW, despite countless references to it. Can anyone possibly link the the actual guide? Or make one themselves ( - I for one would be happy to chip in a few dollars, and I imagine others would as well).

Hi akndrew,
    I bought Napoleon recently, but haven't gotten around to messing with mods on it. Feral says that it should work fine at the same settings as Empire, but on my older Macbook it doesn't look as good on medium settings. Plus, I enjoy the global scope of Empire.

However, it's data files are organized the same way as Empire: Total War. So I would imagine the advice in this thread for Empire should translate to Napoleon.

The issue with Darthmod is that it comes with a launcher, which won't work on your mac. On windows you would use the launcher to select your settings, and the appropriate .packs are then loaded. However, this won't work on a mac, and if you just dump all the .packs that come with the download into your data folder it definitely won't work. So you have to manually select which .packs & startpos files you would like to run. This takes a bit of trial and error. And I have tried getting darthmod working on my mac for Empire, but it only partially works.

Sorry I can't be of more help man

Hi, I was wondering if there was a DBEditor that works on a Mac to edit .pack files on ETW?