Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Mac Mod Guide

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Mac Mod Guide

Trinitarian,

1. It matters what order your .packs are listed in the advanced options section. You may want to try running it with Trom Ornamentum, and make sure you list that pack first.
    2. All the TROM .packs should not be in a folder called The Rights of Man. They should be placed directly into the "data" folder.
    3. I noticed that one of your startpos.esf files is still labeled "Startpos.esf TROM 2tpy" Make sure that you relabel the TROM startpos.esf and startpos.lua files to just simply "startpos.esf" and "startpos.lua". This will ensure that TROMS area of recruitment (AOR) system works properly.

*I suggest that before you place all of TROM's .packs into your data folder, you first highlight them, got to File -> Label and give them some type of colored label, so you can find them all easily later if you want to remove them to try another mod.

4. Your TROM Ornamentum.pack and Patch_AUM_graphics.pack are both just aliases. If you try to remove a .pack from your Empire_Total_War.app by dragging it to another location it will create an alias. When you want to remove a .pack from your data folder you need to drag it to your trash first, then drag it to another location. I know that seems stupid, but that is the way it is.

I hope all this helps

The_Athenian what i meant was Empire Total War came out on steam for mac so we might be able get mods but I'm not sure though

Laetus

I'm running it now with:
    trom_ornamentum.pack; trom_blood_smoke_full.pack; trom_core_part_1.pack; trom_core_part_2.pack;
    mod_grandcampaigngraphics.pack;
    trom_battlesounds.pack;
    trom_flags.pack;
    trom_loadingscreens.pack;
    trom_text.pack;
    aum_mod_dm.pack;
    patch_aum_graphics.pack

The smoke looks much more realistic. I don't see any blood in the deaths, but perhaps that isn't supposed to be there. It doesn't matter what I do, the French Regiments of Foot remain in white uniforms, which makes me wonder what all I'm missing. I don't see any new units that aren't included in standard expansion packs, but I'm also mostly looking from the Play Battle lineup. I have checked the campaign of France, Britain, Prussia, etc and haven't seen any new units. I'm just assuming I must be doing this all wrong.

However, now when I try to start a campaign it crashes. Pretty sure I'm going to give up on mods at this point.

Thanks for your help, though!

Trinitarian,

I'm sure we can get this working for you.

Step one is to make sure the mod is actually loading, you will know this because the main menu page will change. It should say Empire Total War The Rights of Man.

Step 2 Is to figure out why your campaign is crashing. Make sure you are using the TROM lua files, because if you are using the wrong one, that would cause a crash when you try to launch.

Step 3 Again, make sure that your .pack files are placed directly into you data folder. In the picture you posted they were inside a folder labeled "Right of Man"

Step 4 Check to see if there is a folder called "override_data" in your resources folder. This could be overriding you startpos.lua and .esf files, and causing the campaign to crash.

Now it is possible this isn't a good mod for you, if you are more into playing battles and not the campaign. TROM has a unique "Area of Recruitment" feature, so an individual nation doesn't start out with many unique units, but as you conquer new territories you can recruit unique units only available in that province. This way as your empire grows, your armies composition reflects the diversity of the empire. If you just want to play with a lot of new units in battles try the Additional Units Mod (I believe I posted a link on the first page of this thread).

Thanks for the guide. I'm going to see if I can get the American Civil War mod working.

So, I tried to follow your directions, but when I try to start the game with the .packs listed in Advanced Options, the game simply quits. The icon in the dock vanishes. I never reach any kind of game screen.

The ACW mod does seem rather complex. I listed the .packs like this:

mod "bg_art.pack"; mod "bg_boot.pack"; mod "bg_camp_rti.pack"; mod "bg_camp_wpath.pack"; mod "bg_core.pack"; mod "bg_cs_rti.pack"; mod "bg_cs_txt.pack"; mod "bg_cs_wpath.pack"; mod "bg_db.pack"; mod "bg_models.pack"; mod "bg_movie.pack"; mod "bg_music.pack"; mod "bg_us_rti.pack"; mod "bg_us_txt.pack"; mod "bg_us_wpath.pack"

What am I doing wrong?

In the windows installation of the mod (into a Wineskin wrapper), the elements are all divided into their own folders. There's a separate folder for .packs, for scripts, etc. But since those folders don't exist in the mac version, I dumped everything into the data folder. Nothing was replaced in then process (all the files are new). Should I have done something else?

Laetus

I deeply appreciate the time you're giving to get this straightened out.

1) The main menu page definitely does not change. Would this be because of the packs I list in the advanced options or the startups files?

2) I believe I have the correct TROM lua files in place, but I've switched them back and forth experimenting so much who knows. I'd be wiling to just start all over if necessary.

3) I do have the .pack files placed correctly now. (I had read that it would be fine to just leave the files in a folder)

4) I'm including photos of where the files are placed. I'll also include the order in which I include .pack files in the advanced options on startup.

Note:
    I really do prefer campaign. I was just testing all this out in the battle scenarios. I had tried to attach AUM as well, but didn't notice any change. For someone going on two Masters, you'd think this would be a little easier for me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 6.17.46 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 6.17.34 PM.png   Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 6.17.31 PM.png  

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Trinitarian View Post

1) The main menu page definitely does not change. Would this be because of the packs I list in the advanced options or the startups files?

2) I believe I have the correct TROM lua files in place, but I've switched them back and forth experimenting so much who knows. I'd be wiling to just start all over if necessary.

3) I do have the .pack files placed correctly now. (I had read that it would be fine to just leave the files in a folder)

4) I'm including photos of where the files are placed. I'll also include the order in which I include .pack files in the advanced options on startup.

Note:
    I really do prefer campaign. I was just testing all this out in the battle scenarios. I had tried to attach AUM as well, but didn't notice any change. For someone going on two Masters, you'd think this would be a little easier for me...

Almost forgot to include this:

"trom_ornamentum.pack; trom_blood_smoke_full.pack; trom_core_part_1.pack; trom_core_part_2.pack;mod_grandcampaigngraphics.pack;
    trom_battlesounds.pack;
    trom_flags.pack;
    trom_text.pack;
    aum_mod_dm.pack;
    patch_aum_graphics.pack"

So, I tried to follow your directions, but when I try to start the game with the .packs listed in Advanced Options, the game simply quits. The icon in the dock vanishes. I never reach any kind of game screen.

The ACW mod does seem rather complex. I listed the .packs like this:

mod "bg_art.pack"; mod "bg_boot.pack"; mod "bg_camp_rti.pack"; mod "bg_camp_wpath.pack"; mod "bg_core.pack"; mod "bg_cs_rti.pack"; mod "bg_cs_txt.pack"; mod "bg_cs_wpath.pack"; mod "bg_db.pack"; mod "bg_models.pack"; mod "bg_movie.pack"; mod "bg_music.pack"; mod "bg_us_rti.pack"; mod "bg_us_txt.pack"; mod "bg_us_wpath.pack"

What am I doing wrong?

In the windows installation of the mod (into a Wineskin wrapper), the elements are all divided into their own folders. There's a separate folder for .packs, for scripts, etc. But since those folders don't exist in the mac version, I dumped everything into the data folder. Nothing was replaced in then process (all the files are new). Should I have done something else?
    ibookworm,
    I haven't tried the ACW mod yet. Will do soon. I have a couple suggestions for you though.

1. Windows mods usually come with a launcher. This will allow a user to select specific .packs to run. By running all the .packs at once you may be running one or two that are not intended to run simultaneously. Such as, and this is adjust a guess the "bg_cs_wpath.pck" and the "bg_us_wpath.pack". (Also, make sure your last .pack is followed by a semi-colon "bg_us_wpath.pack"

2. There should be a couple startpos.esf files and startpos.lua files in the mod. You should put one of each in your campaign -> main folder. (Just remember to relabel your original .esf & .lua files something like "startpos.esf vanilla" so that you don't overwrite them.

3. Also the first time you run a mod, sometimes it is nessecary to copy the mod list into the preferences script file:
    Go to the 'About' tab and click "Open preferences folder"
    From there go to AppData->scripts->preferences.empire_script.txt, again you may want to backup this .txt file to your desktop or something

In the "preferences.empire_script.txt" file, The second line of text should say 'exit #' click in front of this and press return/enter once to start a new line.
    Now for each .pack file of the mod you will want to type this formula...

mod "name of .pack file";
    etc... for each .pack of the mod one under the other like shown (make sure you include the .pack file extension after each name)

At this point you can play the mod, just close the file and click play

I won't really have any other suggestions until I get a chance to try to run the mod myself.

Note:
    No problem, man. Here we go:

1. If the main menu has not changed (does not display "The Rights of Man" underneath Empire Total war than this means the .packs files are not placed correctly, or are listed incorrectly in the advanced options tab.

2. Your .lau and .esf files appear to be placed correctly. Are you using the original esf files, or modified 4tpy/6tpy? I think you may want to try running the mod with the standard 2tpy before you start messing around with changing turn length. I found that the altered versions that I posted have not worked great for people, it's best to use the esf editor to create your own.

3. The .pack files all look good. With this set-up you should be getting the "Rights of Man" subtitle on the Empire main menu.

"trom_ornamentum.pack; trom_blood_smoke_full.pack; trom_core_part_1.pack; trom_core_part_2.pack;mod_grandcampaigngraphics.pack;
    trom_battlesounds.pack;
    trom_flags.pack;
    trom_text.pack;
    aum_mod_dm.pack;
    patch_aum_graphics.pack"
    Make sure you put a space between each semi colon and the next mod. Also, all .packs should be in their own quotes when listed in the advanced options:
    mod "trom_ornamentum.pack"; mod "trom_blood_smoke_full.pack"; mod "trom_core_part_1.pack"; mod "trom_core_part_2.pack"; mod "grandcampaigngraphics.pack"; mod "trom_battlesounds.pack"; mod "trom_flags"; mod "trom_loadingscreens"; mod "patch_aum_graphics.pack";

Get rid of the aum_mod_dm.pack I think that looks like an additional units mod for darthmod which will give you all kinds of conflicts. Also, I don't see it in your data folder.

Give this a try, let me know how it works.
    Last edited by The_Athenian; June 16, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

Laetus

It worked!!!

Awesome! Enjoy

Laetus

Now my struggles are just figuring out what to do with the thousand extra units I have! #firstworldprobs

Is there any ace mods for the mac? That mod looks absolutely awesome and I would love to play it.

ACW is what i meant

Hey Gmanprice,

I know ibookworm is trying to get it working right now, he posted a little bit higher up on the page. I haven't an opportunity yet to download ACW and give it a try. But most mods you can get working for mac, sometimes it takes a little tweaking though.

Okay cool thanks!!

StGene's Avatar Civis

Is there a guide to installing Darthmod for the Steam Mac version?
    ◊GLORIA◊MACHINA◊DEVS◊

I'm not sure StGene but when I get it on etw on steam for mac i will try my best to get either darthmod or ACW

Quote Originally Posted by The_Athenian View Post
    Awesome! Enjoy

Thank you for putting all of this together.
    It took me 2 days to get 80% working.

the 2 packs from the TROM graphic pack areŽnt working

mod "trom_ornamentum.pack";
    mod "patch_aum_graphics.pack";

Are there any Fraction packs working with The rights of man ?

Shennia,

For TROM_ornamentum to work I think it needs to be listed first in your advanced options, so something like:

mod "trom_ornamentum.pack"; mod "trom_blood_smoke_full.pack"; mod "trom_core_part_1.pack"; mod "trom_core_part_2.pack"; mod "grandcampaigngraphics.pack"; mod "trom_battlesounds.pack"; mod "trom_flags"; mod "trom_loadingscreens";
    The issue with ornamentum and the aum graphics patch is that they don't appear to change the line infantry look, which is really what we want.

There was a "unit variety pack mod" for TROM 1.6 which added different types of line infantry. I haven't tried to out on TROM 1.7: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...or-TROM-v1-7x*

But if you want to, give it a shot, and tell us how it works.