Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Assembly Kit Guide

Default Re: Assembly Kit Guide

Hi, I am modding the raw XML sources in Assembly Guide and using Tweak and Bob to put them in my pack. But due to the latest update, some of the Assembly Guide XML files are not updated (land_units for example). Is it possible to extract the XML from the vanilla game pack files, maybe with the Pack File Manager, and then using the XML as raw source for AG's Tweak?

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I attempted something 'simple' to start pos regions but some reason failed to load to Bob or words to that effect. Is there a guide to this sort of editing ? Thank you
    Χαίρε
    Αntiokhos
    Look here (known issue)
    Do what must be and let be what will

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

How to change territory, diplomatic relations, built in cities using Assembly Kit (on Russian but so many pictures that everything is understood without translation)
    Do what must be and let be what will

Hi Murderin, I have the same issue as StayBlind has, encloseure is my pak file in RAR. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Chernish View Post
    How to change territory, diplomatic relations, built in cities using Assembly Kit (on Russian but so many pictures that everything is understood without translation)
    This is great thank you! I had almost given up on my mod seeing the light of day

Quote Originally Posted by schnorchel View Post
    Hi Murderin, I have the same issue as StayBlind has, encloseure is my pak file in RAR. Thank you.

We solved the issue by renaming the Rome 2 vanilla tables with the post process option in PFM.

I'm having trouble with getting my edited unit stats in land_units appearing in game, I edited the Hastati, Principes, Triarii, and Equite's attack, defense, and moral and none are showing up in game :[. I followed the instructions and had no errors pop up, also, My mod doesn't show up on the Mod Manager, help would be appreciated

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

Does the Assembly Kit automatically update itself to the newest patch version?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Americo View Post
    I'm having trouble with getting my edited unit stats in land_units appearing in game, I edited the Hastati, Principes, Triarii, and Equite's attack, defense, and moral and none are showing up in game :[. I followed the instructions and had no errors pop up, also, My mod doesn't show up on the Mod Manager, help would be appreciated
    Upload the mod in your next post and I'll be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LordInvictus View Post
    Great question, and let me complete it with something I already asked before: Is it possible in any way to bring XML DB files from the vanilla, maybe using PFM?

Do we have any idea of how the animation tool works? Is it possible ti import animations from other sources similar to how we import models?

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hey guys, I am brand new to this thing and followed the instructions to perfection. I have a finished mod.pack and relocated it to my data folder and checked it iin the mod manager. Crash at loading screen, I was under the impression that we didnt have to touch the actual PFM. Am I correct? So frustrating

EDIT... I was also making a new unit as well. Do i need to go into the PFM?
    Last edited by airborne guy; February 15, 2014 at 05:05 PM.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by LordInvictus View Post
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by grokki View Post
    Great question, and let me complete it with something I already asked before: Is it possible in any way to bring XML DB files from the vanilla, maybe using PFM?
    And no
    Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Hey guys, I am brand new to this thing and followed the instructions to perfection. I have a finished mod.pack and relocated it to my data folder and checked it iin the mod manager. Crash at loading screen, I was under the impression that we didnt have to touch the actual PFM. Am I correct? So frustrating

EDIT... I was also making a new unit as well. Do i need to go into the PFM?
    Crash means you have missing or conflicting dependencies. Making a new unit would definitely do that, the instructions in the OP only deal with modifying existing stats.

We have a guide for creating a unit using PFM here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-unit-with-PFM
    The steps using the assembly kit are mostly the same (all tables are named the same in TWeak as PFM), although you neednt bother about the .loc tables as theyre combined in TWeak. Might just be easier to use PFM though.
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

For whatever reason it wont let me upload my mod.pack, however I tried moving the mod.pack to RomeII's data folder. It showed up on the mod manager, but then crashed

All im doing is editing basic unit stats :[

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

I dont even want to mess with stats, just wanna put a different hlment on my spartan youth and be done with it

I spent 2.5 hours editing 'Start_pos' files yesterday following @chernish brilliant tutorial to the letter (albeit translated letter) but ....ahhhh!!!! No

I think it might be character to settlement. I just was not sure what to change?? I made significant 'start_pos_regions' changes, which I am convinced I did correctly. I think perhaps I will have to do a messy method of editing one piece at a time, as opposed to doing all together and not know what was wrong. What ever happened to "read error"?

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

What are you trying to do Basileos?
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

With the changes to schema for land_units does the kit still work if editing stats using the kit ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    What are you trying to do Basileos?
    Lots! change region ownership, diplomacy, give full empires (where applicable) change starting technology, buildings for the world of 168 BCE Battle of Pydna during third Makedonian war !
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-apply-within