Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Assembly Kit Guide

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Assembly Kit Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Echo 418 View Post
    If you opt to put the startpos.esf file in a pack, you can just extract the file with the PFM.
    I did exactly that and got it to work in the game.
    That's a good way of doing it. Just made a mod pack out of it but my main campaign never came with it lol. Not a hard fix from this point onwards. Thanks for assisting and without a doubt you would've helped many more who read your comments. Cheers

EDIT: Still not working for me. Even when I uncheck all of the other campaign and only have my main_rome campaign selected, it will still put in prologue 2 and 3 in only. There needs to be a proper guide for it because this is not easy to do.
    Last edited by DogSoldierSPQR; January 17, 2014 at 02:05 PM.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

After making your changes in TWeak and pressing the apply button, under export press the Export Changes to Binary.

When complete start BOB and set it up like this and press start:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

It's finally here! The Garden of Eden Creative Assembly Kit! Now, my creations won't be sickly out-of-vertex, my brahmin won't produce mutagenic triple heads, and my pixel crops shall flourish! (lame Fallout reference)

Thank you very much Mitch! Your diligent efforts enable the entire TWC community! Much appreciated and obliged!

Now, to dig in and inadvertently run into issues, haha ...

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Echo 418 View Post
    After making your changes in TWeak and pressing the apply button, under export press the Export Changes to Binary.

When complete start BOB and set it up like this and press start:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Thanks again, Echo. First off, I have it working now but let me run through some stuff so I can bring this to peoples' attention.

I wasn't converting it to binary before so I did your way but still never worked. This confused me. So, I deleted the assembly kit and the folder in it's entirety and re-installed. I made a simple change in Rome's startpos by giving them 5000 more. I then converted to binary and did the usual jazz and it worked fine. So, the only thing I can come up with is that while it is processing your startpos and putting it in a workable format, it is also checking to see if it actually is legit and will not make it for you if it detects a mistake. So all must be careful when making a startpos. If it fails, it's because you've made a mistake.

Thank you, Echo, for trying to help me. I can definitely say that this has been resolved now for me. Appreciated

EDIT: Be VERY careful with this bit I'm going to explain to you as you can EASILY overlook this and it WILL cause crashes. When you are changing a region to someone else, make you analyse that faction whom you are taking a region from and check out their characters (armies etc.). For example, I was messing about with Insubres and I gave them Rome. Guess what happened? Conveniently, there is a Roman character who starts off in Rome at the start of the game. So how can the game let the Insubres own that settlement when there is a Roman character who starts off in it?

Do you see what I mean? This can be easily overlooked and I'm doing my bit to raise awareness to little details like this as it WAS the reason for why my processes of the startpos were crashing while Echo was trying to help me. DogSoldier out
    Last edited by DogSoldierSPQR; January 17, 2014 at 04:46 PM.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Hi,

I am trying to make 2 visual edits using TWeak Variant Editor. Whenever I go to save my definition and then I reload it, no changes have been made!

Here's what I did, tell me what I am doing wrong (I am 100% new to this):

1) File
    2) Load Uniform
    3) Then I scroll down to the Roman Legionary cohort and Roman Eagle Cohort.
    4) On the Right after I loaded it, Under type>skin>helmets, I delete the "Gallic."
    5) I click File>"Save Definition & Colors"
    6) Open BOB do working data, go to definitions and select the two definitions I made.
    7) I build it and load the game but nothing happens.

(NOTE: When I load my definition I JUST saved, no changes were made.)

PLEASE HELP.

Is there anyway to actually increase what you find in a drop down tables?

For example, I'm trying to change the font. I know there's a tutorial for PFM, but I'm trying to see if it's possible in here. While I can change between the existing fonts no problem, making them bold, etc, what I'm wanting to do is add in my own fonts. Is there any to get it to recognise new things in?

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

.Mitch.
    Here is russian translation of your guide. Great job! It is understandable even for beginners. Thank you!
    Do what must be and let be what will

Hi

I'm new to the the total war center and the modding scene.

I was wondering how hard/easy it may be to add music into Rome 2 Total War and can it be done? I find that in Rome 2 the music doesn't immerse me into the era like previous Total war games.

I know Darth Mod was able to add new music into his mod for Empire total war.

Cheers

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Thanks Mitch, for providing this guide!

Hi,

I am trying to make 2 visual edits using TWeak Variant Editor. Whenever I go to save my definition and then I reload it, no changes have been made!

1) File
    2) Load Uniform
    4) On the Right after I loaded it, Under type>skin>helmets, I delete the "Gallic."
    6) Open BOB do working data, go to definitions and select the two definitions I made.

PLEASE HELP.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Republican View Post
    Hi,

1) File
    2) Load Uniform

PLEASE HELP.
    Do you have any mods that would be over-riding the vanilla db files?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroFreeze View Post
    Do you have any mods that would be over-riding the vanilla db files?
    Ohhh it's possible. If I deleted it on the total war launcher, is it necessarily gone? or at least its effects? It was a legionary appearance mod.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Hi,

1) File
    2) Load Uniform

PLEASE HELP.
    Tracing your steps, that works for me. Did you remember to copy/move the finished mod pack from ../retail into the data directory and enable it in Mod Manager?

Concerning the changes not showing up when you reload the file... I have that as well if I load the edited definition file from the ../working_data/.. directory. However, examining the packed file with PFM or opening the saved file with a text editor shows that the changes are actually saved correctly. Also, when loading the edited file back into the editor from an external directory (i.e. NOT /working_data/.. ) the file is correct.

I would presume that the editor is reading cached or raw data, for whatever reason, when the path is internal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    Tracing your steps, that works for me. Did you remember to copy/move the finished mod pack from ../retail into the data directory and enable it in Mod Manager?

Concerning the changes not showing up when you reload the file... I have that as well if I load the edited definition file from the ../working_data/.. directory. However, examining the packed file with PFM or opening the saved file with a text editor shows that the changes are actually saved correctly. Also, when loading the edited file back into the editor from an external directory (i.e. NOT /working_data/.. ) the file is correct.

I would presume that the editor is reading cached or raw data, for whatever reason, when the path is internal.
    No I didn't move the pack file into the data directory. Thanks, I am one step closer. So I clicked on my mod pack when I started Rome, but still no go. I did rename my definition because I discovered If I rename it, the changes I made were still there After I closed it. Whereas you knew as well, when you load the defintion back up in the variant editor, it appears to have made no changes.

Is that where I went wrong? Should I not rename the Variant file?

Thanks A LOT. This helps.

IT WORKED. thanks!

Foederatus

Can someone please let me know if in TWeak, under the DAVE connection / Table Launcher / "units" Table is this table blank? Or is something wrong with me files?
    No units are listed in this table for me. Please let me know
    Thanks guy,
    PACMAN ( < . . .

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hey guys

I found out a few things:

I noticed that the Siege of Carthage in the historical battle files has been reduced to '' ui small'' type. The settlement is also small, meaning they did it like this:

'' Is settlement large? ''

Underneath:

False.

I tried to change it but couldn't.

Another thing was changing the UI location of Carthage, but I had no idea of what that meant.

I also found out the outcomes, missions and such. You had to label them 1,2,3,4 and you could make your own ones but I don't know.....can you actually make them pop up in your campagin or is how it done? I made a few but couldn't make more out of that as it got locked. Played rome 2 and nothing comes up.

Also found out the Advisor's speech for battles, changed the text and pressed apply, and its still the same dialogue.

Some interesting stuff here, and stuff left over from Shogun 2.

is it possible to add animations?

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

No I didn't move the pack file into the data directory. Thanks, I am one step closer. So I clicked on my mod pack when I started Rome, but still no go. I did rename my definition because I discovered If I rename it, the changes I made were still there After I closed it. Whereas you knew as well, when you load the defintion back up in the variant editor, it appears to have made no changes.

Is that where I went wrong? Should I not rename the Variant file?

Thanks A LOT. This helps.
    You shouldn't rename the definition unless you also change the references to it in the /db to match. Variants are defined for each unit in the unit_variants table. I suspect that the editor not showing the changes is either a bug or really unintuitive, but intended behavior. Use PFM or a good text editor to check your work since the variant editor is still beta. The output files are easy to read, similar to xml.

Careful when renaming anything unless you've accounted for all of the references to that file.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by andrew881thebest View Post
    is it possible to add animations?
    Yes. I know I saw a Maya exporter for this in the provided files
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |