Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: EVE

Default Shogun 2: EVE

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hello everyone! So I decided to take it upon myself to start creating my own "GEM". This mod looks to improve the look of the game while also improving the performance as much as possible. This mod adds several features not included in Shogun 2 like SMAA, Sharpening of textures, Gauss Blur to soften edges and a Different bloom engine. This is currently in VERY early beta Stages and I appreciate ALL feedback. You may realize I am using the Basic GEM model settings script, I just use that as a base, it will be changing in the future. I do give credit to LuciferHawk for giving me the idea to try Shogun. I recently worked on mods for Skyrim, and ENB's so hopefully I can bring that knowledge to the table.

External

Windows 8 version

Regular Install EXE

If I did everything right it should work, should get an installer archive, just unload that and run through the installer. Im a little new at writing them so bare with me. It should install straight to the directory its supposed to. as soon as that's done just run Shogun!

Windows 8 install

This is the windows 8 version of EVE everything but the installation process is the same. To install, just extract straight into your Totalwar: Shogun 2 folders location, where the EXE is located

​TURN DISTORTION EFFECTS OFF, unless you want squiggly sperm as someone put it so kindly.

Things that interfere with the Dll's, so Fraps will stop it from turning on, I believe MSI Afterburner and Xfire will as well, havent tested it yet, really anything that adds an overlay on your game will cause it not to work. Don't be removing files. PLEASE mess with the settings all you want and show me screens with the ones you changed. Im trying to make up another good setting as realistic default is all I have

The normal installer does not work with Windows 8, use the alternative

To take a screenshot just press the prtscrn key and it will show up in your Shogun 2 folder as a BMP

I need screens from other users so Snap away guys!

Credits and Acknowledgments as well as licenses are located in the Archive

Shout-out to the Makers of ENB, SweetFX, and GEM

Last edited by ChewieMuse; January 17, 2014 at 01:29 AM.

Default Re: Shogun 2: EVE

At last you added it here great work mate! Since i saw this beauty on reddit, couldn't wait for more... Last time when i use GEM with shogun2 i had terrific fps loss. I'll test this too ofc and will give feedback.
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by yaVuz View Post
    At last you added it here great work mate! Since i saw this beauty on reddit, couldn't wait for more... Last time when i use GEM with shogun2 i had terrific fps loss. I'll test this too ofc and will give feedback.
    Have a nice day!
    From my tests, I have actually seen a boost in performance, well see how everyone else fairs
    Last edited by ChewieMuse; January 16, 2014 at 01:23 PM.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I am assuming that since this comes with its own SMAA anti-aliasing we should disable the in-game AA?

Kudos on making one of these for Shogun II by the way
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I am assuming that since this comes with its own SMAA anti-aliasing we should disable the in-game AA?

Kudos on making one of these for Shogun II by the way
    It should, its the same as any other game that would use an ENB or Sweet FX

will try it out

looks promising :3

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Im guessing that the 'Steam Overlay' is an exception to the bug list?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_Man View Post
    Im guessing that the 'Steam Overlay' is an exception to the bug list?
    No, Anything that adds an overlay will either cause the mod to not work or the overlay wont work

neat.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Gonna try it =)

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

I know this is a noob question but does this work with mods that add new units (TROM3)? And does "unit detail" need to be set to Ultra for the effects to show?

Quote Originally Posted by SD_Man View Post
    I know this is a noob question but does this work with mods that add new units (TROM3)? And does "unit detail" need to be set to Ultra for the effects to show?
    This mod doesnt effect any pack files so almost every mod is compatible, and no, no details need to be changed except turning AA off if you want sweetFX's AA on instead

Have you got a version for any of the other total wars? This to me appears better then GEM :O

Sweet thanks! GEM links no longer work and I was looking for something like that! Possible for a true color version as well?
    Last edited by auboy; January 30, 2014 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Lifeguard View Post
    Have you got a version for any of the other total wars? This to me appears better then GEM :O
    Not yet, Im still working on this one, and im a very big procrastinator lol, Ive been trying new settings on this one, thats about as far as Ive gotten in progress with anything.

Sweet thanks! GEM links no longer work and I was looking for something like that! Possible for a true color version as well
    Not yet, still working on it, but there is, in development.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

so is this still be continued ??
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Foederatus

That looks very nice. about, that flowers.., do you use any mods..? if yes, may i know what mod is that..?? thank you, sir

Would it be possible to make a mac version??

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Beautiful! I am also curious to know if work is still being done on it.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Hamata's Avatar Civis

Is there any chance of getting this to work with the steam overlay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast