Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [Release] The Danube Limes 0.9 Beta

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Re: [Release] The Danube Limes 0.9 Beta

As far as I know, this mod is not being worked on anymore. Deutschland might return one day with a bit of news but I would not recommend getting your hopes up because I cannot even contact him on Skype.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    As far as I know, this mod is not being worked on anymore. Deutschland might return one day with a bit of news but I would not recommend getting your hopes up because I cannot even contact him on Skype.
    Oh crap, that'S bad news. The mod seems to be 95% done, all it needs is bug hunting, CTD fixes and better balancing.

It's the Beta of a great mod, I've seen worse mods get saved, a shame if this stayed in Beta forever.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    Oh crap, that'S bad news. The mod seems to be 95% done, all it needs is bug hunting, CTD fixes and better balancing.

It's the Beta of a great mod, I've seen worse mods get saved, a shame if this stayed in Beta forever.
    The version I beta tested actually ran much better and more smoothly than the version that was released. The problem is that most of our team then disappeared and everyone was left wondering "wtf is going on?" then a few months later Deutschland randomly came online and released this version. I was able to fix the UI issues by taking files from the "beta version" that we were testing out and posting it here so people on TWC could enjoy.

If someone would be willing to help finish this mod that would be great but I have given up on it months ago.

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

so sad...

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

What about the H.E.L.P. project, did you or anybody from the mod-team contact them Darios?
    Maybe they would be so generous to go bug hunting and make the Beta playable.

I tried to fix the unit card CTD for example where the game crashes when you right click the unit cards of certain auxilia units, but I couldn't trace it or even remove it....another thing is the fact that you can't play a single battle with the Roman officers included in the EDU. The solution to this is obvious, use the EDU without the officers and without the Auxilia units, but removing content is not exactly what enhances the experience imo, especially officer-less units. It's a bit of a mental blockade on my part.

Tartaros is supposed to be working on that, but I think that the H.E.L.P people are tied up in making sure that some other mods also get the love that they deserve. I'll try contacting them again once Tsardoms and The Great Conflicts are released and see if they'll be willing to help make EoR...playable.
    Last edited by Darios; November 26, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Have you considered a coop with the invasion barbarorum guys? Different time periods I know but maybe you can help each other out in some way.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    The version I beta tested actually ran much better and more smoothly than the version that was released. The problem is that most of our team then disappeared and everyone was left wondering "wtf is going on?" then a few months later Deutschland randomly came online and released this version. I was able to fix the UI issues by taking files from the "beta version" that we were testing out and posting it here so people on TWC could enjoy.

If someone would be willing to help finish this mod that would be great but I have given up on it months ago.
    I am willing to playtest it and contribute in bugfixes at least.

Btw, do you know if it is possible to use some of the strat-map models for Romans and Eastern Slavs in a new version of WotN which adds a much bigger map, including the whole area that is East of Rome? Romans are in but only has Venice and Crimea. It's pretty much a Viking-mod set in 772-1050. But alot of the strat-map stuff for Romans and Slavs could be used there. Also, the battle-models for Slavs would fit greatly =). We already have access to the CBUR-roster for Romans- but i think it would be more unique to use East of Rome-Battle-models, as that mod hasn't seen much attention.

It's me, and Horsa- doing the work- and everything is pretty much finished not counting implementation of unit models, which i will do when i get the files from Horsa, and then balancing and stuff. We have the new map and other stuff already implemented! It's like East of Rome but set 182 years later.

We already have access to the WotN-units of course, and then we had an old agreement with Danova (the creator of The Last Kingdom) to use any content we want from there- so it's basically a combined TLK/WotN-mod. But it also spans the eastern most regions of the Imperium Romanum and all the slavic, rus, finnish and sami territories above! So it would be really appreciated if we could use EoR stuff too =). At least strat-models, but one or two units wouldn't be bad neither. The Roman river ships would be great- as we have made navigable rivers over the entire map. It's a Viking-mod after all.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 07, 2016 at 04:45 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Sadly it seems this mod is dead and buried.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    Sadly it seems this mod is dead and buried.

Cheers
    Hello guys! I removed the two installation files of this mod at MODDB, as they didn't include the hotfix or any other fixes - which made people get mad at the mod for being buggy.

Instead i did upload my copy of the stand-alone Danube Limes-mod - and which utilizes all the fixes including the one for the portraits. I also did add all of the Maurekian Roman units to the custom battles. Not much, but at least it should be more stable now.

Article is to be found at:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/east-of-ro...-folder-upload

Mod-download at:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/east-of-ro...-folder-upload
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Those are among the most beautiful units I ever see in a TW mod. I would gladly give 100€ to see the full mod playable.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

I wanted to decorate the mod, so I suggest an addition. It can be useful. Download the folder for replacing files in the folder Date https://yadi.sk/d/DX7tjDgN3GKrM5
    Last edited by Vit2013; March 25, 2017 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vit2013 View Post
    I wanted to decorate the mod, so I suggest an addition. It can be useful. Download the folder for replacing files in the folder Date https://yadi.sk/d/DX7tjDgN3GKrM5
    Thanks, i downloaded it - would be great with more details as to all the changes you've made. I guess it's mostly things on the map/battlefield?

- The Havamal

On tactics, too, there is a change!

What does it change?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456