Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [SubMod v0.85] BullGod's Style Unit Cards for D.e.I.

Default Re: [SubMod - WIP] BullGod's Style Unit Cards for D.e.I.

Just played as Syracuse and my God are the new Unit Cards beautiful!! Thank you once again!! My next game play will be with Getae w/e the unit cards are ready ^^

Id avoid doing certain factions atm since they are still Vanilla & subject to change by subsequent releases.

I.e. Getae = Vanilla

vs

Odrysians/Thracia = DEI fully re skinned.

Indeed I might just do that since just saw somewhere around the forums that Getae will get a unit revamp, but still I'll see what I can do for them later Downloading the latest BullGod's icon's adds cards for Ptolemaioi units, will do the DeI ones later
    Now about Royal Scythia and Roxolani (or others maybe but this ones especially), I guess BullGod will still do them for Vanilla since they are Vanilla units so I'll wait for him to release his amazing cards first and then I'll see wich units are left that DeI introduces

So Friday release might probably be addind the DeI units of Antigonidai, Masaesyli, Ptolemaioi and maybe some Carthage/Odrysians units

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

nice cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Carreto View Post
    Indeed I might just do that since just saw somewhere around the forums that Getae will get a unit revamp, but still I'll see what I can do for them later Downloading the latest BullGod's icon's adds cards for Ptolemaioi units, will do the DeI ones later
    Now about Royal Scythia and Roxolani (or others maybe but this ones especially), I guess BullGod will still do them for Vanilla since they are Vanilla units so I'll wait for him to release his amazing cards first and then I'll see wich units are left that DeI introduces

So Friday release might probably be addind the DeI units of Antigonidai, Masaesyli, Ptolemaioi and maybe some Carthage/Odrysians units
    You seriously need to start spamming some more so you can edit your first page

Great job (I've currently removed the whole bullgod thing since I feel like having half rosters of new cards is a bit weird, but I'll definetly grab it again once its finished or when its clear which factions are finished!).

By the way, is there any way to tell if a unit is a mercenary and are upgrades shown the same way as in vanilla? I remember looking for these info on the new cards and couldn't figure it out.

Thank you for your work!

Hey Caretto, I just wanted to thank you for your work. Bullgod's and your unit card put a lot of immersion to the game. Since I have seen the work of you two guys I just am not able to pla with an incomplete faction like carthage anymore. Well done and thanks again.
    Oh and please update carthage if you have some spare time. I want to continue my conquest for africa.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Is Pergamon done? It has about 7 units unmodified by Bullgod's mod (i still didn't download yours, sorry if u already did them, and thanks in advance! lol)
    LOVE this work, keep it up.

Edit: Omg they are done! Thanks! New campaign here i come! Can finally play the game with patch 9 due to getting almost twice the framerate in full battles

As for the loose files versus .pack or movie.pack in bullgods and this submod. It's really simple guys.
    1. If you put the UI folder in your Data folder, you don't need ANY .pack file. Only the UI folder, the game and DeI will draw the icons from there.
    2. If you put the .pack file in your Data folder, the mod or movie version, you don't need ANY UI folder in the Data folder. Only the .pack file. The exception being THIS submod since Caretto hasn't packaged his icons into either a seperate .pack or merged into the existing Bullgod's package.

So simply put. Either you can just merge and use the UI folders from both Bullgod and Caretto's (overwrite with Caretto's edits). OR you can use the .pack file from Bullgod and Caretto's UI folder (or JUST his .pack when he decides to package up his files when it's all done).

This is because the .pack files from Bullgod are literally just the UI folder compressed in a .pack file. Nothing else, no unit db tables, no nothing except .png files, the very same as in the UI folder.
    Hope it helps clear things up.
    Last edited by Baleur; January 26, 2014 at 05:11 AM.

Quick question: IF one had installed bullgod's icons (and those in this thread) and were foolish enough not to backup the original unit cards, how could one, hypothetically restore the originals? If at all posible.

Just delete the UI folder that came with the mod (I think).

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Yes, no UI folder at all in your Data folder means that the game will use whatever files resides within rome2.pack etc. That's where all the vanilla files are.
    So just deleting the UI folder is safe. No extras = vanilla will be loaded from the .pack

dajarvi's Avatar Semisalis
    Marquette, Michigan, right on Lake Superior

Wow. This mod is like the wife of DeI. Wow. Aesthetically beautiful and perfect. Her curves...so wonderful. Will she put a dress on agent and building UI's? I hope so. Can't wait to see what she wears

Quote Originally Posted by dajarvi View Post
    Wow. This mod is like the wife of DeI. Wow. Aesthetically beautiful and perfect. Her curves...so wonderful. Will she put a dress on agent and building UI's? I hope so. Can't wait to see what she wears
    Look up the ''Agent cards redone'' mod on the workshop, I think it looks pretty rad!

Thaks for the tips for removing the UI files.

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Carreto just make 3 post anywhere on the forums and you can edit your post and update it.

Also why not keep the mod as a .pack ? I dont like having to overwrite any files in a game folder, except when I'm using cracks of course. (sorry if it has been brough up already)

I could use a .pack file but that would take longer. My ".pack" file is the DeI one. In other words, I'm using the DeI (ence why this is a SubMod) to display the cards . If you want to uninstall this submod just delete the data/UI/units folder inside Rome 2 installation (This also stops BullGod's mod from working so care with dat) The overwrite is because every version I do has the units of the older ones. So when you unpack the 48 (dunno the exact number) units from version 0.3, you're adding maybe 20 new ones, and the other 28 are already there from previous versions (0.1 and 0.2) so it asks to overwrite those.
    Now if you install this on a fresh install Rome 2, you won't be asked to overwrite anything This submod is just .png files, images.

As for version 0.4, I've put it on hold for some more days

Hey Carreto, awesome work.

Actually began a new campaign with Antigonidaï, let me know when you're done with it =)

Hey Bud, any chance you will upload your mod to steam?

He just told me why its not happening look up his post above yours.

Hi !! I would like to ask a question:
    I have the BullGod original Unit Cards installed, so, Do I need to unistall it in order to not create incompatibilities with this Cards???
    Thanks