Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [SubMod v0.85] BullGod's Style Unit Cards for D.e.I.

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [SubMod - WIP] BullGod's Style Unit Cards for D.e.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtoi View Post
    Hi Carreto,
    Many thanks for putting so much "love" into this unit card system !
    What I can't figure out in your above heading is, if your download has fewer unit cards than the last 0.38 version of BullGods download ?
    Or otherwise stated: Does BullGod's download 0.38 cover móre unit cards for playing the DEI mod right now ?
    Thanks a lot for answering, Cheers !!
    You need BullGods mod, the OP mod adds additional units that DeI has or the reskined ones for every other untouched unit you need BullGods mod.

Ok, Armageddon, thanks for clearing that up !

Today I'll make moar but won't update so that next one comes with more than 10 at least

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Found this isn't a pack file when I unzipped it, so bit concerned about where the file images are going and how this might affect other mods since they are just writing to the data's UI directory. At the least, I'll forget that they are there....

Any chance of packing this up separately?

How do you mean packing this up separately? There is no .pack file because there is no need to. To disable the mod just disable DeI. The images won't interfere with other mod's as long as I know.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I'm not sure how the game pulls those images, but I assume you're right about other mod conflicts since they won't have the same name entries...

But I've had a lot of trouble with Rome II not updating properly and/or not loading after patching due to conflicts with mods. This is a known issue that only seems to be resolved by manually clearing out all the modded .pack files from the data folder (and letting steam workshop update / "subscribe" to them again). Bit of a pain but easy enough to do. But when I start adding files to other places, I'm concerned about future conflicts, losing track of where they are to resolve issues, etc. That's why it's best to have mods added as separate pack files. With such a broken release and the need for so many patches and hotfixes this will be an issue for a long time.

Carreto, do you use only yours and Bulldog`s loose files in data folder ? or use those files with "MOD_bullgod_icons_Rome_movie.pack" how Bullgod was writting on his thread.

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

just awesome! nice work man

PonySlaystation's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I'm not sure how the game pulls those images, but I assume you're right about other mod conflicts since they won't have the same name entries...

But I've had a lot of trouble with Rome II not updating properly and/or not loading after patching due to conflicts with mods. This is a known issue that only seems to be resolved by manually clearing out all the modded .pack files from the data folder (and letting steam workshop update / "subscribe" to them again). Bit of a pain but easy enough to do. But when I start adding files to other places, I'm concerned about future conflicts, losing track of where they are to resolve issues, etc. That's why it's best to have mods added as separate pack files. With such a broken release and the need for so many patches and hotfixes this will be an issue for a long time.
    yeah i was thinking the same actually when i was copying every single faction into the UI folder. its no problem now but when a new patch is screwing everything up it (and when you are using Radious Mod + Bulldog Unit Cards from time to time as well on some factions -like me =)-) it could be much easier to fix it. but nvm keep up the great work atm i am really enjoying to use bulldog with DeI <3

I see alot of people asking what consists of this SubMod so I'll try to explain what I can

First, starting with BullGod's mod, he has a .pack file (2 actually but they are the same afaik), followed with data folder. In the data folder there are images (data/ui/units/icons) where you can see the images that you see ingame. They're named like, for example, gre_hoplite. What the pack file does is assign the unit the card (icon) corresponding to the unit.

Now I'm not changing by any means the pack file from bullgod's nor the icons he made. I don't actually touch anything on bullgod's mod.

The .pack from DeI add's new units, and these units como with vanilla cards assigned to them. These vanilla cards are not in the data folder. So if I wanted to delete a vanilla card, I couldn't. (maybe there's a way you can but that's advanced modding). What I can do is replace that vanilla card for the cards I just created, like the gre_hoplite. So the cards are made, are specifically to the DeI .pack and won't work on another mod nor interfere with (unless that the other mod assigns the same name as mine gre_hoplite to one of their units, the chances are very small).

My mod is simple. If you're installing for the first time, it won't ask you to overwrite anything since its the first time you're adding the new icons to the data folder of rome 2. You don't need to copy every single faction to the data folder as version 0.1 (Athens release) contain's Sparta icons, and version 0.2, contains Sparta, Athens and Epirus, so you'll just need the last version

My time is up for now, sorry if I didn't explain well but I have only 5 min xP I'll try to answear as much as possible

Awesome! + rep to you! Only little thing I have to add, update the original post with latest versions...just saves a little time having to find the latest file on the user end is all.

I cant get how people dont understand this its not even that hard. it are icon files for the new units of DeI they just replace the vanilla icons and the same go for bullgods his icons CA can patch all they want you dont get problems with it.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshart79 View Post
    Awesome! + rep to you! Only little thing I have to add, update the original post with latest versions...just saves a little time having to find the latest file on the user end is all.
    He cant not yet he needs atleast 25 post before he can edit i believe.
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //

idd it's not dificult and I encourage people who want to try to start modding, this is an easy introduction on how to understand things
    Sir_Pee_Alot is right, I need 25 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carreto View Post
    idd it's not dificult and I encourage people who want to try to start modding, this is an easy introduction on how to understand things
    Sir_Pee_Alot is right, I need 25 posts
    lol Oh ok...well there is one more to get you closer. Keep up the great work and keep em coming Carreto!

Decanus

Love the cards, keep up the great work.

How are the new units going any update soon?

OhneWollt's Avatar Civis

I didnt liked the bullgods icons when he first released it,but now is totally different and i already downloaded and im liking what i see, cant wait to get all units with Icons,but i still think vanilla icons are great so do bullgods icons

@Sir_Pee_Alot: Some unexpected work caught up to me and I need to finish it until next friday but I'll prolly have it done tuesday and the rest of the days finish the mod (the units with vanilla cards) and after that will add more details to the cards and make them easier to distinguish (For example, Spartan Helots card is almost the same as Spartiatai Hoplitai I think, I'll try to distinguish them moar )