Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Satan of Oklahoma

Default Re: The Satan of Oklahoma

"Yeah, you guys are right, she does deserve to get stoned. So, any volunteers with a clear conscience?"
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    "Yeah, you guys are right, she does deserve to get stoned. So, any volunteers with a clear conscience?"
    She/he deserves it according to the old testament, but according to the New Testament nobody is qualified to enforce the judgement. The law stays the same, "to the letter", but the punishment can only be enforced by god, while at the same time "Caesar's" law is to be acknowledged also. It is that distinction that gives christianity a massive advantage over it's fellow Abrahamic religions, the (relatively) clear theological reason for separating secular law and religious ethics.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Well kind of missed this one - but good honest work by whatever group is backing the ideal - it is a solid point. Either you allow all regions in a society that has no established one or none on a public space. I know the christian conservatives like to bellow about we a 'christian' nation but funny thing is nation is a made up - up dated version of the Roman Republic (glued on top of the English common law and tradition) - with not any Bible input on the law and stuff. I would like to see statues to Minerva everywhere
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

The options are:
    1: Allow the statue and piss off the conservatives.
    2: Not allow the statue and receive an un-winnable lawsuit, which will piss off the conservatives.
    3: Remove all religious iconography from public property, which will also piss off the conservatives.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Surely, it will be the most productive of days
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

I would like to see statues to Minerva everywhere
    Go to Washington DC

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The options are:
    2: Not allow the statue and receive an un-winnable lawsuit, which will piss off the conservatives.
    3: Remove all religious iconography from public property, which will also piss off the conservatives.
    Yes sir. Welcome to America, where the conservatives are pissed off no matter what happens.

More like piss off the liberals, who in turn piss off the conservatives with the lawsuit.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal of Carthage View Post
    More like piss off the liberals, who in turn piss off the conservatives with the lawsuit.
    What makes a constitution advocate a "liberal"? Any decent constitutional lawyer will be neither a conservative or a liberal. It will be the constitution that will piss off the conservatives, not the liberals.
    -Betrand Russell

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

The options are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal of Carthage View Post
    In conclusion everyone is pissed off.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by MrZanyGaming View Post
    In conclusion everyone is pissed off.
    Except the constitutional lawyer: who will likely get a massively profitable and incredibly easy job soon.
    (Maybe the whole situation is being engineered by constitutional lawyers looking to make some easy money? lol)
    -Betrand Russell

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

what has become of usa my country to many people walk away from the light the statue does not need to be built ever.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder82 View Post
    what has become of usa my country to many people walk away from the light the statue does not need to be built ever.
    Indeed. I think too many Americans are coveting their neighbors man servant if you know what I mean.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Remember this?

Well, it seems the statue has been mostly completed now, in NY by the friends of the local chapter of Satan's coven

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Apart from the girl's lower half, that's quite a nice poster.

What a horrifically ugly statue.

I get the whole meta-point behind it but sheesh, children looking up at an ugly goat faced figure? *gag*

What makes it even more stupid is that "satanists" profess to not believe in "satan" anyway so yeah, I guess it gets a D+ for a trolling attempt but thats about it...
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Satanists don't believe in an external malicious entity acting upon them. They're about rejecting religions and gods and living in sin and human nature.

A goat headed man is a fine representation of their views. Although I think it would be cooler if the children were also fauns.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; August 19, 2014 at 06:07 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Satanists don't believe in an external malicious entity acting upon them. They're about rejecting religions and gods and living in sin and human nature.
    I think for every Satanist I talked to or somebody who's interested in the subject, I heard a different definition.

My impression is that most of "satanist" are just angry ex-christians who still want some kind off deep philosophical understanding of life but find atheism and agnosticism to shallow or in the case of the first, to brutal to accept.

Basically I've never met a person affiliated with satanism that isn't all "Hurrrr Durrr those damn Christians!!!"
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; August 19, 2014 at 06:17 PM.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well yeah they're retarded by clinging to religious trappings, but whatever, not my problem.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Well yeah they're retarded by clinging to religious trappings, but whatever, not my problem.
    For this particular group, that is probably true. But the group that's funding the statue is pretty fringe as far as Satanists go. They're kinda similar to mainstream Satanists in that they reject theism. But they reject actual religiosity and practice as well, which sets them apart. LaVeyan Satanism is a religion and has particular practices, beliefs, and communities that set them apart from other religions. And for most practitioners and adherents, their belief in the power of personal will and the abstract ideas of self-liberation is genuine.
    It's just these guys are kinda dicks about it.