Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Satan of Oklahoma

Senator

Default Re: The Satan of Oklahoma

You know what, Sir Adrian? You're right. We should absolutely be basing American law on your own personal, subjective assessment of what is and isn't meaningful.

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I would argue that Oklahoma is significant within the boundaries of Oklahoma.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    With all the depravity and immorality that is being accepted by society as "normal" or "equal representation" rubbish, this is not a surprise. The fact that Satan is the embodiment of evil is no big deal. Funny thing is, that were a neo nazi group wants a large swastika erected, these same people would protest. Both are symbols of evil, both are offensive to groups of people, but if it is anti-christian, its okay.
    I missed the episode where Satan killed 6 million christians, do you have pics?

A nazi swastika, is not a symbol, it is a signifier, where the signified is death, torture, deprivation, starvation, extermination, the lot. Satan as a signifier, has the signified of what? The belief of X persons in a supernatural entity and the corresponding anti-entity? Do you fantasize about "christian survivors" sitting on benches around the statue and try to cope with the atrocious memories it evokes?

Protector Domesticus

If i remember correctly, the deaths directly associated with satan are incredible small whereas the deaths associated with the other side of christianity are rather huge.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    If i remember correctly, the deaths directly associated with satan are incredible small whereas the deaths associated with the other side of christianity are rather huge.
    A bit like a random terrorist and the president of the USA
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    A bit like a random terrorist and the president of the USA
    XD
    Something like that.

more edits:
    Last edited by SLN445; January 13, 2014 at 03:20 AM.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Fair point but, and this is a big but, as far as I know that's not part of the Satanist doctrine in any way. Granted I'm not exactly privy to the entirety of their beliefs but afaik they value selfishness and the survival instinct (aka listening to the beast within) over what you posted.

And why does something have to symbolize free will? Free will is not a virtue or talent, you don't gain it, you are born with it. Why not build a statue that symbolizes the pancreas or the ability to smell for that matter.
    (...)
    I'm also interested in your answer to the question I posed to Logios. Why does something have to symbolize free will?
    I am not aware of their philosophy either, and it is probably an individual thing, but I guess a satanist could argue that those being in need of the support of the society are more selfish than those who grew strong enough to get by on their own. Being able to quell feelings of self-pity would probably be taming the beast within rather than listening to it in their point of view probably.
    The free will represented here would be the freedom from acting on fears, urges and desires (the child being fearless before the menacing goat guy) thus being able to view the world objectively and act accordingly. A message to believers, that they should grow in mental strength and awareness.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Because of its meaning. it symbolizes self-sacrifice and not abandoning a just cause even upon pain of death.
    Why don't you make statues of Al-Qaeda members, or Kamikaze soldiers died in WW2? Is it not self-sacrifice to fight in a hopeless resistance against an immensely powerful foe, even when failure and death are certain? They didn't even have God to resurrect them back, and nobody to remember their names afterwards.

Eats, shoots, and leaves.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    It's too small even to list the names of people died.

How come the death of a hippie greater than the sacrifice of so many people? That hippie hasn't even tried to save any person during his entire life.

O Kamisama?
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Going into a Church and seeing a man nailed to a cross probably isn't all that healthy for a child's psyche but that statue would line the pockets of child therapists across the state.

'Where on the Doll did Satan mark you?'
    Markas,

Of course you are quite right there. A figure on a cross is no more than an idol quite contrary to the second commandment. Jesus Christ was never meant t be depicted in any form just as God is not, because He is God. I would have thought that quite obvious to anyone. Indeed according to Isaiah He would be of no form or comeliness lest any desire Him so what we see depicted can only be from the imagination of man. It's amazing that the Jews would never dare to put God to their imaginations and yet here we have so-called Christians doing exactly that.

What's also rather silly is that Satanists are doing the same thing with their master who by the Scriptures is the exact opposite from what they want detailed in sculpture. Unlike the uncomliness of Jesus, Satan is spoken of as being the exact opposite, yet one has to say that what is depicted above is not like that. I mean what human could possibly be attracted to that? It's a funny old world yet I wouldn't be surprised if they get the go-ahead.

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

becomes a real deity.
    Are you really going to use this as your argument?

A raised image of a man being crucified?

A chair that serves as Satan's lap?

What's next? The government decides to strip the rights of fifty pedophiles and throw them into a football stadium with gladiatorial weaponry, with the only survivor being released, but tagged - this option serving solely as a public spectacle, generating pay per view money to the government, AND foregoing a release of fifty financial commitments to imprisonment???

Well... Wait, the last one would actually be quite entertaining. Forget the cross and chair!
    Last edited by Dance; January 14, 2014 at 07:22 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    A raised image of a man being crucified?

A chair that serves as Satan's lap?

What's next? The government decides to strip the rights of fifty pedophiles and throw them into a football stadium with gladiatorial weaponry, with the only survivor being released, but tagged - this option serving solely as a public spectacle, generating pay per view money to the government, AND foregoing a release of fifty financial commitments to imprisonment???

Well... Wait, the last one would actually be quite entertaining. Forget the cross and chair!
    It is dangerous to openly refer to Fema plan #20176, bro. :/
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    What I'm saying is you did a Goodwin in a bad way no less.

Nazi horrors are still in living memory. We have proof, we have photos, we have material, we have video, we have censuses. The evil that is the Nazi regime is real and documented.

The swastika has no intrinsic good or evil, it is a symbol, a symbol that was hijacked by the Nazi's. The swastika however has come to be associated with evil, so too has Satan.
    Work of God

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Markas,

Of course you are quite right there. A figure on a cross is no more than an idol quite contrary to the second commandment.
    Seriously? We are under a new covenant with God, one that was shed with the blood of the Lord Christ himself. That is the path of salvation, not the old testament commandments. The idols refered to in the old testament refer to pagan false gods not God himself. A figure on a cross represents the crucifiction of Christ and this is an object of veneration not worship. These figures on a cross date back to the first century and were in use for thousands of years before the advent of Martin Luther. This very church determined the books of the bible, a book you appear to take as literal.
    Work of God

The swastika has no intrinsic good or evil, it is a symbol, a symbol that was hijacked by the Nazi's. The swastika however has come to be associated with evil, so too has Satan.
    The Nazi swastika and the Hindu swastika are two distinctly different symbols.

this is an object of veneration not worship.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    worshipˈwəːʃɪp/
    noun

the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.

• religious rites or ceremonies, constituting a formal expression of reverence for a deity.
      • great admiration or devotion shown towards a person or principle.

verb

show reverence and adoration for (a deity).

Look at the synonyms for literally every definition of worship there, and you'll find that "it's not worship, it's veneration" is the same as "it's not worship, it's worship"

That is the path of salvation, not the old testament commandments.
    Matthew 5:17 thinks Jesus disagrees with you.

17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.…
    Last edited by Lazarus; January 15, 2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Weird formatting happened to the C&P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Matthew 5:17 thinks Jesus disagrees with you.

17"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.…
    How is this verse relevant? The death of Christ on the Cross fullfilled/accomplished the law and prophets. "Did not Moses give you the law? Yet none of you keeps the law..." (John 7:19). When Jesus expired on the cross, the veil of the Jerusalem temple was torn from top to bottom by a divine hand (Matt. 27:50, 51). The Thief on the Cross did not follow the law yet his salvation was assured through the grace of the Lord Christ.
    Work of God

How is the verse relevant? It's Jesus literally telling you that you still have to obey the old law. Do you have any verse where he says "no it's cool, you don't have to anymore"? I mean, direct from Jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.