Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Satan of Oklahoma

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default The Satan of Oklahoma

The local faithfuls of Satan in Oklahoma have proposed a statue to be built, in the spirit of co-existence of all religions in the US of A

The following drawing was given as the illustration of the idea for the statue:

Quote Originally Posted by pls think of the satanic children
    The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

The Satanic Temple maintains that the Oklahoma Legislature's decision to authorize a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statue. The Ten Commandments monument was placed on the north steps of the building in 2012, and the Oklahoma chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has sued to have it removed.
    http://news.yahoo.com/group-unveils-...224102124.html

I am not sure why Satan in that drawing has the symbol of Hermes? (the two snakes united over a staff). Anyway, what do you think of this new quest for more freedom?
    (and it appears that the boy in the drawing looks somewhat like a known US president ).
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: The Satan of Oklahoma

Epic satanic trolling. Strolling?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

yeah...No.

For one, that statue would be creepy.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

That's a pretty cool looking statue and in all fairness, they should erect it.

Protector Domesticus

If other religions are allowed to place statues then so should this group, if others are not then same with this one.

Equality and all that.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This thread seems to be baiting.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Going into a Church and seeing a man nailed to a cross probably isn't all that healthy for a child's psyche but that statue would line the pockets of child therapists across the state.

'Where on the Doll did Satan mark you?'
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

If the state wants to publicly endorse religions then it has to endorse all of them equally so as to not come into conflict with the first amendment.
    So the options are take down the ten commandments or find the gajillion dollars to make a statue/plaque for each and every religion the public desires.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

They can have it as long as they pay for it.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's true. All or nothing, and it's so much easier to make everyone happy by just not giving a about religion at all rather than have to make concessions for ALL of them.

Build the statue I say.

"The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."
    Oh my god I didn't even see that, this is perfect! BUILD IT BUILD IT!!
    Last edited by Sir Winston Churchill; January 07, 2014 at 11:27 AM.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

I don't like the look of the statue personally, can't they at least put up something less of an eyesore?
    And yes, be equal. Hopefully they will realize that endorsing all the religions is silly.

Senator

Satanists are among America's most accomplished trolls and I applaud them in this effort. The image of smiling children sitting on Ol' Baphomet's lap like he's Santa Claus is just too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    yeah...No.

I agree 100%. Why can't they propose something normal, like a guy executed by crucifixion? Everything but this sick stuff.
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Quote Originally Posted by Gromovnik View Post
    I agree 100%. Why can't they propose something normal, like a guy executed by crucifixion? Everything but this sick stuff.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    yeah...No.

10X more creepy.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Totally agree with Phier. Not sure why a statue of a guy's execution isn't considered more creepy than just about anything else out there.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Totally agree with Phier. Not sure why a statue of a guy's execution isn't considered more creepy than just about anything else out there.
    What about the ritualized drinking of his blood and eating of his flesh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    What about the ritualized drinking of his blood and eating of his flesh?
    I can live with that a little easier than I can an actual statue of his execution having common public acceptance. That's once a week or once a month, and a religious ritual. This is common art. That's not to say there aren't, you know, parts of history where you might want art depicting such things like say French Revolution or god knows what. But how often do we see the three crosses, or a depiction of the crucifixion as a common household thing?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

With all the depravity and immorality that is being accepted by society as "normal" or "equal representation" rubbish, this is not a surprise. The fact that Satan is the embodiment of evil is no big deal. Funny thing is, that were a neo nazi group wants a large swastika erected, these same people would protest. Both are symbols of evil, both are offensive to groups of people, but if it is anti-christian, its okay.
    Work of God

The swastika is hardly a symbol of evil, but literally means 'it is good', but that's neither here nor there.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast