Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: The Satan of Oklahoma

Praeses

Default Re: The Satan of Oklahoma

Are these sentiments Satanic? Maybe weddings should be celebrated in the name of (insert god or gods here) and divorces overseen by infernal forces.

Certainly a god for any occasions adds charm and social texture, even the staunchest monotheists could spare a goat for Azazael, hymns for El Elyon and YHWH, and nice little shrines for...well a whole pantheon in Solomon's temple complex.

Fritz Lieber imagined the Gods of Lankhmar, crusty abominations who allowed the denizens their own passing fancies when it came to worship (there were many temples to Gods in Lankhmar, but only one neglected ruin to the Gods of Lankhmar). Only in a crisis were they worshipped, with sacrifices flung in the ruinous doorway of their shrine, and they would shamble forth to "save the city" before returning to their slumbers. Horses for courses and deities for all occasions.

So what I'm saying is "Drive through divorces" under the horns of the Son of the Morning in Oklahoma City is a business opportunity whose time has come.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I must admit the english nations have a good sense for new successful business models.^^
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    It depends if it was clear between both sides from the beginning, that it should be an open relationship. But in most cases that doesn't work well.^^
    Perhaps fling was a bad choice - it implies real intent ahead of time. How about a mistake. I guess as I see it a real honest blunder into a sexual infidelity is potentially no worse than some major financial blunder in a marriage. A solid one should be able to sustain people not always being perfect.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Everybody makes mistakes, if he/she had a bad day. Nobody's perfect. A good relationship should be able to survive this.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day