Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RELEASED] Sudamerica Total War (Version 0.1 is out!)

Default Re: [WIP] Sudamerica Total War

Downloading now!! =)

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Here's the cinematic that i've promised.
    If the creator wants i would like for it to be as promotional material for your mod, like puting it on the first post of this thread and future ones.

... done Fahnat ... I dont know if there is a problem with embed windows (maybe with this web page or cause youtube´s new features... I have a similar problem in moddb, youtube videos doesnt upload)... but it not allow me for see... I see the embed window, but video do not play

I will give you some south american music samples... if you can, use them for next movies, as you like, military marchs in South America was not from 1810-26 (covered time by the MOD), they appears more late (1850 to ahead, as minimum)... eg: I like one of militaries marchs from my country, but its from 1920... its not very accurate =)... this I meant

Popular music is more correct for illustrate the region and the period, as the common people (our peoples: not just european spanish sons, but indians and black african slaves even, as they was the mostly of the armies, in both sides) have more identification with that war... its part of the project too.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

1- Pampas (plains, literally) region... its in Argentina, Uruguay... Gaucho´s music:

2- Chilean Cueca (tipical music from Chile);

3- Andinian Music (Bolivia, Peru):

4- And some Black Men (peruvian slaves from that colonial period) popular music:

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

... there are more, for sure... but I want no bored you for now.

Of course, you made your work as you want, no worries... Im glad from your current one (Im putting it in each place MOD is in).

Thank You =)

Last edited by Leonardo; January 13, 2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: YouTube tag added.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I can see the video in my post, so it's weird that you cannot.
    As for the musics you suggested, show me some military marches, because the ones you linked don't fit well for the type of cinematics that i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    I can see the video in my post, so it's weird that you cannot.
    ... it was solved finally =) ... I was writing wrongly the code between brakes, when edit the post content.... now its visible properly.

As for the musics you suggested, show me some military marches, because the ones you linked don't fit well for the type of cinematics that i do.

No... is ok, no worries... Googling it you can find anyone of them easily ("Argentinan military marchs", "Chilean Military marchs"... etc, etc, etc...); I suggest: "Avenida de las Camelias", as much, but its a 1920´s music, not 1810, its not accurate... (is the only military march who have some of music inside, its my opinion of course...) A more detailed explanation clicking the spoiler here below:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    From my part... as I said, military marchs are not accurate for this project ("no proper" instead "accurate", maybe is a more correct expression too)...

When Napoleon was alive with his troops (and they was hundred of thousands in each battle), "La victoire est a nous" sounded on the battlefield at the same moment they was there right... Then, a record from that music, in a napoleonic mod... always will fit nicely... But in South America, in 1810, in both sides even, there had not much money... not just for weapons, but for uniforms and for military orchestras, too... military music almost doesnt existed, excepting some military parade at some viceroyal palace, at some colonial capital.. and just... maybe... no much than a flute and a drum...

The first patriots triumph was a battle between 1000-1200 persons (counting both sides), and the most biggest battle (Ayacucho, the last battle of the conflict, besides) was not much more than 20000 persons... many battles along the war, rarely reach 5000 persons, between both sides... Wasnt a "baroque" or "romantic" war... a "popular" war it was... of course, there was military people, but wasnt the mostly (at the patriot side, at least)... And the project is dedicated to common people, much than other thing.

At the other hand... I know, Rome Total War (or any Total War), are war games... there are a lot of things, including: military marchs... but take a look on "Ogniem i Mieczem"... they have a cultural project, more than a simple war-game... Sudamerica is inspired by that (since Ive haved hours, days, and years playing OiM)... where music, are not: militaries marchs... and nothing more... where that regions, with their peoples and his cultural uses, are more important, than a "romantic" concept of war.

Any other work you can or want to do with Sudamerica. wirh any music you want (no worries about this, please), I will be grateful, and I will advertise it... you can bet... but, no, military marchs no... no from me, at least =)

Rounded, finally, I have not anything against "militaria"... and at the opposite, i like make uniforms and these kind of things for Rome Total War... but I have not thought about Sudamerica just like as a military game =)

ó/
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; January 04, 2020 at 09:43 AM.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    ... it was solved finally =) ... I was writing wrongly the code between brakes, when edit the post content.... now its visible properly.

No... is ok, no worries... Googling it you can find anyone of them easily ("Argentinan military marchs", "Chilean Military marchs"... etc, etc, etc...); I suggest: "Avenida de las Camelias", as much, but its a 1920´s music, not 1810, its not accurate... (is the only military march who have some of music inside, its my opinion of course...) A more detailed explanation clicking the spoiler here below:

From my part... as I said, military marchs are not accurate for this project ("no proper" instead "accurate", maybe is a more correct expression too)...

When Napoleon was alive with his troops (and they was hundred of thousands in each battle), "La victoire est a nous" sounded on the battlefield at the same moment they was there right... Then, a record from that music, in a napoleonic mod... always will fit nicely... But in South America, in 1810, in both sides even, there had not much money... not just for weapons, but for uniforms and for military orchestras, too... military music almost doesnt existed, excepting some military parade at some viceroyal palace, at some colonial capital.. and just... maybe... no much than a flute and a drum...

The first patriots triumph was a battle between 1000-1200 persons (counting both sides), and the most biggest battle (Ayacucho, the last battle of the conflict, besides) was not much more than 20000 persons... many battles along the war, rarely reach 5000 persons, between both sides... Wasnt a "baroque" or "romantic" war... a "popular" war it was... of course, there was military people, but wasnt the mostly (at the patriot side, at least)... And the project is dedicated to common people, much than other thing.

At the other hand... I know, Rome Total War (or any Total War), are war games... there are a lot of things, including: military marchs... but take a look on "Ogniem i Mieczem"... they have a cultural project, more than a simple war-game... Sudamerica is inspired by that (since Ive haved hours, days, and years playing OiM)... where music, are not: militaries marchs... and nothing more... where that regions, with their peoples and his cultural uses, are more important, than a "romantic" concept of war.

Any other work you can or want to do with Sudamerica. wirh any music you want (no worries about this, please), I will be grateful, and I will advertise it... you can bet... but, no, military marchs no... no from me, at least =)

Rounded, finally, I have not anything against "militaria"... and at the opposite, i like make uniforms and these kind of things for Rome Total War... but I have not thought about Sudamerica just like as a military game =)

ó/
    I think i understand where your getting at. I also played OiM, even making a campaign on it on my channel.
    And the musics are from the movie Ogniem i Mieczem, however, what you showed me sounds more music that goes into the campaign map, not on the battle map.
    If you can send me a link of a music that you want to put on the battle map i can maybe make a video with it on the next release of this mod.

I think i understand where your getting at. I also played OiM, even making a campaign on it on my channel.
    And the musics are from the movie Ogniem i Mieczem, however, what you showed me sounds more music that goes into the campaign map, not on the battle map.
    If you can send me a link of a music that you want to put on the battle map i can maybe make a video with it on the next release of this mod.

-... this an Alberto Ginastera´s piece: "Estancia" (it means: farm, almost literally in english), last movement "Malambo" (... malambo is a tipical gaucho´s dance, here interpreted by a camera orchestra, of course), and fit very well as battle theme style, I have it in count for that:

... for now
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 13, 2020 at 02:04 PM. Reason: YouTube tag added.

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

That's a truly brilliant idea, original timeframe and location for a RTW mod, quite an interesting piece of history and setting. Congratz for the long protracted job you've done. can't wait to play it. Seeing this i can only regret that the Inca TW team never achieved their objective. At last south america is now covered in RTW !
    Last edited by cocobongoclub-DJ; January 30, 2020 at 03:27 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    That's a truly brilliant idea, original timeframe and location for a RTW mod, quite an interesting piece of history and setting. Congratz for the long protracted job you've done. can't wait to play it. Seeing this i can only regret that the Inca TW team never achieved their objective. At last south america is now covered in RTW !
    Thank you cocobongoclub... Ive seen Ramashan`s work, some of his posts too, and many pics about INCA TW... when I just roaming by here, years ago... in certain way, that views was inspirationals too =)

Working hard on the next patch, more stuff coming... and Im too late already (many problems too).

greetings ò/

el otro dia pase por la pagina de moddb y lo vi y como latino he de reconcer que era muy lejano al tema de sudamerica, como ciudadano de la capitania general de guatemala admito señor que es un tremendo mod que me gusta mucho y que el combate esta bien ejemplificado el uso del machete en los mexicanos las batallas son largas es exelente.

Quote Originally Posted by giogigt View Post
    el otro dia pase por la pagina de moddb y lo vi y como latino he de reconcer que era muy lejano al tema de sudamerica, como ciudadano de la capitania general de guatemala admito señor que es un tremendo mod que me gusta mucho y que el combate esta bien ejemplificado el uso del machete en los mexicanos las batallas son largas es exelente.

Gracias giogigt

Thank You giogigt

- ... Estoy completando algunas banderas de regimiento para el campo de batalla, para el próximo update (0.1) (Translate: Im completing some regiment´s banners for the battlefield, for the next 0.1 update)

ó/

Last edited by Archaeopterix; March 17, 2020 at 04:10 PM.

Archa me alegro de verte por aqui .. hoy postie mi mod de rome 1 y no se donde estara creo que lo revisa un admin jeje.. bueno parece que esta muy bueno tu mod cheto mal jaja.. estamos en contacto!

Hello there, long time no see!

I'm currently downloading the demo that was released almost a year ago, and wondering what is going behind the scene?

Thanks for the work involved.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

-

They are "model_off_map", that is, they are the ships that are seen if suddenly there is a battle near the coast and there is a fleet (from the strategic map) near the coast ... It is not that there are naval battles, just notice... I thought it was not going to come out, but luckily it went well.

... and some gameplay made by there

Last edited by Archaeopterix; December 07, 2020 at 01:40 AM.

Default Re: [RELEASED] Sudamerica Total War (Version 0.1 is out!)

First post updated, the mod has been released in his first full version (0.1). Happy New Year for everybody.

Default Re: [RELEASED] Sudamerica Total War (Version 0.1 is out!)

-Here just for warn version 0.2 is coming in (in two weeks aprox, I will warn more date exact soon) More units has been added, as more polished combat mechanic & stats values. Indigenous are now a non playable faction (non playable at first, we will see later...) non more slaves; as them are now civilians on riot & bandits now. And the most important, mod is more stable now... faction killing other faction (of IA´s, or human player´s) who always get CTD; it was fixed now. More news soon.

... greetings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021 -00017.png   2021 -00016 B.png   2021 -00010.png  
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; November 02, 2021 at 02:22 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123