Thread: How to make general badass and young?

Default How to make general badass and young?

I really want Lu Bu to live long enough as a badass to rule all of China. So is there a cheat console way to decrease his age and increase his attributes: Command, Chivalry Etc..??
    This signature is clickable

Default Re: How to make general badass and young?

Holy crap it's Pointman.

Well one way to decrease aging is increasing the turns per year but it has been a longtime since I modded personally so perhaps google would help. Search something along the lines of how to increase tpy in m2tw.

(Sorry mate, my memory sucks)

Edit: I found one link

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/93159...l-war/48271973
    炸鸡

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Holy crap it's Pointman.

Well one way to decrease aging is increasing the turns per year but it has been a longtime since I modded personally so perhaps google would help. Search something along the lines of how to increase tpy in m2tw.

(Sorry mate, my memory sucks)

Edit: I found one link

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/93159...l-war/48271973
    Thanks for the quick reply. I can make do with the aging, but I really want to increase their traits like command, chivalry, dread, authority, and piety.
    I hate it when I win every battle with the same general, but his traits won't increase.

I see... I don't think RoTK makes large use of the default points in the character tab. I know in mods like EB stuff like command stars didn't really count for much as they did many bonuses and descriptions through the traits section. (I haven't played RoTK in months as I await a new version so I may be wrong)

P.S

Can I add you on Steam? I'm trying to gather a list of good players who are active and I can "spar" against, as of now I mainly do Shogun 2.
    炸鸡

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Broski is correct. RoTK doesn't make much use of the default attributes, instead our focus is on the variety of traits each character has. The default attributes are really only an imprecise indicator of where the character generally stands, with Honor (Chivalry) being the only one that is accurate.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Well is there a way for me to make a general live longer without tampering with the longer turns? I really want my Lu Bu to be the ultimate badass.

*EDIT* Also, the loyalty for the Southern Tribes is extremely low and isn't worth allowing them to take control of an army because of the high probability they'll rebel. So I also wanted to increase that. I do enjoy this mod because most units fight to the last man without being in the town square and that there is many armies to make and control, but the loyalty is really unstable and unusual. Should be looked at.
    Last edited by Point_Man; January 06, 2014 at 06:45 PM.

There are 12 turns per year right now. The only thing you can really do to make Lu Bu live longer is to make his age younger in descr_strat.

For the loyalty issue, is that with named characters or captains or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    There are 12 turns per year right now. The only thing you can really do to make Lu Bu live longer is to make his age younger in descr_strat.

For the loyalty issue, is that with named characters or captains or both?
    It's for named characters: Family members and generals

Alright, I'll take a look at it and report back.

Do you notice if you are getting messages at turn start about your generals losing a trait (specifically fealty) or notice that trait markedly decreasing over turns? Do you tend to raze settlements, kill prisoners, or that sort of thing? What is your play style when playing as the Southern Tribes?

What is your play style when playing as the Southern Tribes?
    I only execute prisoners. I guess I should stop that...

Not necessarily. Each character has a "Personal Goal" and sometimes they can lose loyalty if you do thing contrary to that goal. For example, if their personal goal is Honor, they may lose loyalty if you raze cities or execute prisoners. However, I don't believe that is the case with the Southern Tribes. We're going to do some more testing and see what the issue is.

So I did some digging and found out what the issues were.

The main reason loyalty went bad for generals of the Southern Tribes, was Meng Huo's horrendous +2 Authority. Needless to say, it's easy to see why such bad Authority would lead to loyalty loss. I made some changes to a few traits, so now Meng Huo has a bit more Authority than before and can retain the loyalty of his starting generals.

In addition to this, every faction has triggers that affect the Fealty trait, with one of them dealing with the character's personal goal. For the Southern Tribes, there is a trigger in relation to the Foreign personal goal; basically a 100% chance for +1 Fealty. However, unlike other factions, there is another trigger that similarly reduces -1 Fealty with a chance of 100%. Essentially you get messages saying there was a Fealty change, but you see the character has the exact same Fealty as the turn before, because they are receiving +1 and -1 Fealty before each turn, thus negating each other but still giving a message that there was a change.

I have fixed these issues for the next patch.

I dont get what some of the personal goals require. Maybe you guys could post somewhere what each thing is and what effects it. Ex. Honor: decrease loyalty if execute increase if you release etc.

Better yet would be to put a description in the trait in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gongsunzan View Post
    I dont get what some of the personal goals require. Maybe you guys could post somewhere what each thing is and what effects it. Ex. Honor: decrease loyalty if execute increase if you release etc.
    Soon perhaps. I was thinking of releasing a Sun-Tzu style strategy guide once the mod is in a more complete. For now, it will be via the description in-game as Seether said.

I personally thought the Southern Tribes goal was to pull a Mordor and spam full stack armies and invade everyone and cause utter destruction like the Mongols. I don't like how the dread doesn't increase at all. Chivalry is like the big focus in Rotk.
    Last edited by Point_Man; January 09, 2014 at 08:24 PM.

That definitely isn't/wasn't their goal. Their goal was independence from the Han, not Mongol-style invasion and destruction. As far as dread and chivalry, those things are still being worked out. Remember, this is still an early beta.

That definitely isn't/wasn't their goal. Their goal was independence from the Han, not Mongol-style invasion and destruction. As far as dread and chivalry, those things are still being worked out. Remember, this is still an early beta.
    Probably the only beta I've ever played that seems like a full game release. The game is just so stable.

It is a fairly stable beta, but there are yet many stability issues that we will be attending to over the development period of this mod. For example, random crashes at the start of, or during, battles is still an issue we are trying to squash.