Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Anabasis Realistic Campaign Movement for DeI

Default Re: Anabasis Realistic Campaign Movement for DeI

Quote Originally Posted by Triple25mm View Post
    What effect does this have on the CAI? Are there any bugs?
    IMO, it makes them more aggressive. The AI rarely attacks when it doesn't have an auto-resolve advantage. When I invaded Africa in a campaign and hadn't sent a spy first, I had no idea how many armies Carthage had. Had to have been 9-10 good quality stacks. I didn't have to go looking for them. They found me. The next 5-6 turns were tricky and have 3 major battles against multiple armies.

Always hated attacking a large country and wondering where their army was. It was there about 2 months realistic march away but in the game, the seems to have felt that they were to far away (6-9 turns of movement in current movement points) to do any good. So they sat in different regions and waited for me to gather my armies. By the time I would get to them, they were deserting due to lack of food and money. Not with this mod. They find you.

That's the best way I can explain it. Hope it made sense. Love this mod. Wish it worked for Imper Augustus map since I have a 150 turn multiplayer campaign going. Takes 6-9 months just to march to the next city.

Thankyou JCB! I've noticed increased AI aggressiveness as well. Playing as Massilia, I'm rather taken aback by how rapidly Rome is advancing northwards, against those Barbarian hordes. I like the sense of progress this gives to my campaigns, and it also creates the risk of greatly over-extending your own lines, which I don't think is such an issue normally. The fact that armies can reinforce each other across greater distances is a very helpful feature for the AI. But it sucks that it only works for GC

Also, does this affect how far armies can retreat?

Quote Originally Posted by Triple25mm View Post
    Thankyou JCB! I've noticed increased AI aggressiveness as well. Playing as Massilia, I'm rather taken aback by how rapidly Rome is advancing northwards, against those Barbarian hordes. I like the sense of progress this gives to my campaigns, and it also creates the risk of greatly over-extending your own lines, which I don't think is such an issue normally. The fact that armies can reinforce each other across greater distances is a very helpful feature for the AI. 0.

But it sucks that it only works for GC

Also, does this affect how far armies can retreat?
    Yep, I like the increased aggressiveness along with the realism.

Yes it does. I'm sure it will be updated soon.

I believe it does, but the armies can catch you easier too. I have escaped more in my current campaign, but that could be coincidence.

Has anyone come up with a way of fixing the old issue of town garrisons (Soldiers, not just fleet) joining naval engagements?

It didn't work for 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by lichunter View Post
    It didn't work for 1.1
    Works in Grand Campaign version 1.1+

In my case, when I select this mod with the Mod Manager, I can`t start the game. The game is endless waiting in the Rome 2 copyright screen with white background.

Quote Originally Posted by lichunter View Post
    In my case, when I select this mod with the Mod Manager, I can`t start the game. The game is endless waiting in the Rome 2 copyright screen with white background.

Do you have "enable out of date mods" selected? I know it seems like an odd question, but this mod has been turned on for me since 1.1 came out. There must be a simple solution or another mod is conflicting.

Does it makes radius of army zone of control bigger? Because i can't see any difference in IA campaign.

Sent from Nokia3310 using tapatalk

Non-steam link?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456