Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very effective way to increase FPS

Default Re: Very effective way to increase FPS

Worked for me, with exactly the same graphics settings before and after.

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    Worked for me, with exactly the same graphics settings before and after.
    Yeah same deal here. So maybe they are talking about settings in the preference file? Glad it worked for you though.

Groovy

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reapir View Post
    Yeah same deal here. So maybe they are talking about settings in the preference file? Glad it worked for you though.
    Even before running the benchmark I put all video settings to max again. It did not downscale anything, but I still got that huge FPS boost.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Sad none of you telling us about increases are willing to provide screenshots for comparison. Except those stated there is really nothing changed by this measures.
    I am not trying to talk this idea down, I am happy if you have a better performance but there is no really reasonable point why it should work for some and for some others not, when you even claim to have better FPS on higher settings than before you did it.
    As said either your Rome 2 files were corrupted or your DXredist.

Still I really insist to say it is not fixing a games issue magically, really not before someone is not able to provide the necessary data in screenshots, gfx.log and sorts.

Sorry if it may sound narrow minded but Rome 2 is a game and as we are all searching for a salvation at least I would like to have a quite good explaination for those buffs (I am willing to find them myself, if hand me data).
    Last edited by alQamar; January 05, 2014 at 02:29 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tr0tskY View Post
    thought I might as well try this since I don't play this game anymore (in part due to bad performance, but mostly due to all the other problems)
    didn't affect me one bit.

One thing I do notice is that anytime I verify my Rome 2 cache it ALWAYS re-aquires a file that is 12.1mb in size, Every time. What is this mystery broken file?
    Well I don't know. I could spent some time to isolate and identify the file(s) he is downloading there but I am really not in the mood. I just can agree he will the same for me.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Just did this for Attila, I you not this is working for me atleast. No idea why how or what. Im playing with a higher resolution and *SLIGHTLY* higher settings. But regardless of the unit detail spike and res, its just generally made the game so much faster. THANKS FOR FINDING THIS MY G. I'm also doing the additional Task Manager, Details, Attila.exe, Set affinity, take off CPU 0, and set priority to high. Good luck

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Life's no life when honor's left
    Man's a man when honor's kept.
    Nation's honor and nation's fame
    On life they have a prior claim.

With thoughts of these I do remain
    Unvexed with cares of loss or gain.
    -Khushal Khan Khattak Pashtun Poet, Nationalist, and Resistance Fighter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12