Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [REL] Yarkis' Submod Corner

Icon7 [REL] Yarkis' Submod Corner

Yarkis' Submod Corner

A new hub for all of my submods for DeI. Makes it easier to find them for you (and to maintain them for me). Installation instructions and all download links are at the end of this posting. Enjoy!

DeI - Agents Balance Submod

Agents are somewhat overpowered in this game. This mod will tune them down for both the player and the AI. Passive skills are not changed, but agent actions like poisoning are. Specialized high level agents can still be quite powerfull.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    CHANGES

- Reduced success chances of all agent actions by 10%.
    - Increased costs of agent actions slightly (10%)
    - Tuned down the success chance and damage done by poison, arson and raid attacks.
    - A critical success is needed to increase the build time by one. A minor success will do nothing.
    - Converting agents is now more difficult then assassinating them.

DeI - Less Attrition Submod

Reduces the attrition from hunger, deseases and besieging settlements. Hunger already has a number of negative effects, so I reduced the attrition effect from 20% to 5%. This also helps the AI. Deseases will now hit armies with 10% losses each turn. Finally, I reduced the attrition when besieging to 5%. Can be used in conjunction with the 'Food Penalities Submod'.

DeI - Food Penalities Submod

Changes the effects that lack of food has even more then the less attrition submod. Instead of the devastating attrition/no replenishment effect that can destroy even the most powerfull AI empires in just a few turns, armies now have lower moral, the income from buildings is decreased, more slaves are lost per turn, and your political influence will diminish (see the full list of effects in the spoiler section below). Compatible with the 'Less Attrition Submod'.

NOTE: The provincial effect summary will still show that attrition from desertion is enabled and replenishment is stopped completely. However, both effects are disabled. Removing these entries from the summary would require me to overwrite a big table, which I don't like to do for compatibility reasons.

LACK OF FOOD EFFECTS

Factionwide Effects:
    - -1% replenishment rate per 'negative food' count
    - -20% moral for all armies/navies
    - -2% political influence per turn

Provincial Effects:
    - Population growth halted
    - 1 squalor per 'negative food' count
    - -20% income from buildings
    - Slave decrease doubled

DeI - Harder Economy Submod

2 JAN 2014: Updated to v0.4 (savegame compatible; just replace the file with the newest one)

A mod for all who like to have a greater economic challenge in the beginning and middle part of the game. You don't have to be a hardcore strategist to play this mod, you just have to care more about the economic side of the game. Most changes will also effect the CAI, which can handle them quite nicely. If you are interested in this submod please help me finding a good balance for the economic values by posting savegames from the middle or late game.

Be warned that an economic victory may not be possible with this mod enabled, because you may not get the insane income of 90 000 talents required in the late game. If you are keen to get this achievment, you can turn off the mod after you fulfilled the other conditions for an economic victory. Nearly all changes will revert back to their original values after you disable the mod (prices for commodities are an exception).

CHANGES

- v0.4: Tweaked some values for AI factions. They get more money from slaves now, which gives factions in war a bonus while not filling the coffers of others, that just sit on their hands not doing anything to entertain the player.
    - v0.4: Tripled the required growth for one population point since settlements still maxed out too quick.
    - v0.4: Increased the corruption effect in the middle game even further.
    - v0.3: Doubled the tax bonus you get from slaves to make them more worthwhile.
    - v0.3: Set all cultural conversion bonuses back to vanilla values (they were halved in DeI to slow down the conversion to 100%, but with the recent changes to the cultural conversion mechanics this is no longer needed).
    - v0.3: Set the growth values of all buildings back to vanilla values, but doubled the requirements for one population point (DeI halved the growth values from buildings accross the board, but values like 0.5 dont work because the game will round them up to full numbers).
    - v0.3: Fixed construction times for some of the new DeI buildings that still had vanilla values.
    - v0.3: Made the increased upkeep costs player only to allow the AI field large enough armies on lower difficulty levels.
    - Reduced quantity of resources a resource building provides by 50%.
    - Reduced the prices especially for high value resources like gold (still very lucrative to get). NEEDS A NEW CAMPAIGN TO TAKE EFFECT!
    - Construction costs for all buildings are 50% higher.
    - Upkeep costs for alle regular units increased by 20%.
    - Inceased the corruption in the middle game (up to +10%).
    - Reduced the rate of settlement development by increasing the number of growth needed for each population point.

DeI - Preliminary Naval Battle Submod

UPDATED: Adjusted the mod for DeI v.0.6j. Removed timber resource for level 3 military ports.

I tested some stuff to improve naval battles for my own ongoing campaign and thought that my changes work well enough to release them. See them as a temporary 'fix' for some aspects of ship combat, until the DeI team gets to it. I reduced the speed of ships greatly without touching their turning rates, so it is easier to get ships unstuck. I reduced ramming damage to half the original values, but sadly, the box car behaviour of ships seems to be out of range of modding. I tried many things to influence it (little mass, greater mass, very low charge speed and more), but couldn't influence the bouncing back behaviour after ramming in any way. I also added some crude balance changes by giving javelins their fire damage back, but don't worry, it won't show visually and won't influence land combat.

Summary of changes

- Ships maximum speed and acceleration reduced by 50% (deceleration set to double the acceleration value).
    - Ramming damage reduced by 50%.
    - Artillery projectiles now slow down ships for a short amount of time to simulate damage to the rowing crew (bolt throwers reduce speed by 25% for 7 sec; heavy artillery by 50% for 7 sec).
    - All javelins have a 'hidden' fire damage now (without the graphical effects).
    - Fighting towers have a higher rate of fire and shoot fire arrows.
    - Slightly enlarged collision boundaries for better movement behaviour (experimental).

DeI - Season Lighting Options & No water drops on screen

Several people have requested a season graphics mod without weather effects. Here it is: no rain storms, no snowing, just the season specific lighting. In addition I provide a small mod which removes the water drops on screen during rain. For technical reasons, the latter is a movie format file, which means it won't show up in the mod manager. Just drop it into your data directory and it will work.

INSTALLATION INTRUCTIONS

Download, unpack and copy the files you choose into your ...\Total War Rome 2\data directory. Enable them with the mod manager. The mods must be in the list before the main DeI pack file to work properly, which should be the case by default. Mods ending with ..._mov.pack are movie files and need not to be enabled.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; January 05, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

Default Re: [REL] Yarkis' Submod Corner

I added a new submod that tunes down agents a bit, especially overpowered abilities like mass poisoning. The use of such abilities also comes with higher costs. Low level agents will have a harder time now, while high level ones are still formidable.

Does the changes to the agents affect the AI agents also?

Quote Originally Posted by carbide View Post
    Does the changes to the agents affect the AI agents also?
    Yes, no difference between AI and player..

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try along with your harder economy.

Tried to + rep you but it shows I need to spread the luv.

The harder economy v04 is too much in my opinion, the corruption is too much for minor factions say Docian kingdom. The harder economy v03 is my persona favorite and well balanced for minor kingdoms which in default have only 1000 extra income.

Quote Originally Posted by moongate View Post
    The harder economy v04 is too much in my opinion, the corruption is too much for minor factions say Docian kingdom. The harder economy v03 is my persona favorite and well balanced for minor kingdoms which in default have only 1000 extra income.
    The higher corruption only kicks in when a faction has many regions under its control. At that stage it shouldn't matter much.

I am not seeing where you can set the agent action costs. Any help appreciated.

No idea where the base values are set, I just modified them using the difficulty table.

Excellent. Thanks.

Uploaded a new submod, that removes the devastating attrition/no replenishment penalities for lack of food and replaces them with some other negative modifiers that don't cripple AI empires completely.

I will try this. Two thingies:
    load order counts? I use your economy mod and the historic plausible one.
    do i have to start a new game?

Quote Originally Posted by Veltegez View Post
    I will try this. Two thingies:
    load order counts? I use your economy mod and the historic plausible one.
    do i have to start a new game?
    It works with any save and in any order before the DeI main pack.

- -1% replenishment rate per 'negative food' count
    cannot see this value anywhere

- -20% moral for all armies/navies
    Only some units are influenced by this, so inside an army you ll have some units losing moral and some others with normal moral.

- -2% political influence per turn

- Population growth halted
    it's happening

- 1 squalor per 'negative food' count

- -20% income from buildings
    it's happening

- Slave decrease doubled

==================

My suggestion are:
    -remove any kind of penalties from negative food for the armies only.
    -As for the regions instead of population halted just less population growth and less economic penalty (-10% maybe).
    -As for the armies could you give 1 population requirement for the creation of 1 army. And maybe a penalty to population growth when recruiting and when replenishing.

yarkis hello - any chance for steam version?

Quote Originally Posted by Veltegez View Post

Only some units are influenced by this, so inside an army you ll have some units losing moral and some others with normal moral.

it's happening

it's happening

==================

My suggestion are:
    -remove any kind of penalties from negative food for the armies only.
    -As for the regions instead of population halted just less population growth and less economic penalty (-10% maybe).
    -As for the armies could you give 1 population requirement for the creation of 1 army. And maybe a penalty to population growth when recruiting and when replenishing.
    Don't worry, all the values work as intended. Some only appear on the factions screen, because they are factionwide penalities. Some are hidden and not shown on screen. If the moral effect is applied correctly, but other modifiers may nullify it.

Hello

The ''Agents Balance Submod'' is only compatible with DeI mod ?

thanks for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Haukins View Post
    Hello

The ''Agents Balance Submod'' is only compatible with DeI mod ?

thanks for your answer
    Should work with vanilla too, but I didn't test it. If the game does not crash when loading you should be safe.

Haven't gotten into a deep campaign yet while using the harder economy mod but I'm really liking it while playing as Rome which money is usually an abundance with them. Took awhile for me to get use to my agents having a little lower success rate while use that mod aswell but I'm enjoying it now too. These little sub mods really work well for fine tuning your campaign to the way you like it.

Simply load all your mods after DEI right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast