Thread: Graphics

Default Graphics

I just purchased Shogun 2 and I want to know if it is viable for me in the longrun to play Shogun 2 on Very High DX11 1080p with these specs:

Liquid Cooled 4930k
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    16GB 1600Mhz Ram
    Nvidia GTX645 2GB Vram

Or should I upgrade to a 4GB GTX770?

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Default Re: Graphics

Shogun 2 is actually rather well optimized, your PC should be fine on Med-High settings 1080p or Very High 1050p or 900p.

Yeah ima stick with high and dx9 till I get my upgrade.

get i7 procie and 780 Ti should do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jeongbun View Post
    get i7 procie and 780 Ti should do the job.
    i5 processor is more than enough for any kind of gaming. i7 is for PC enthusiasts that want more out of their system and do more than just gaming.
    780Ti is for 1440p gaming not 1080p. Though one can max everything out in 1080p with that card. For 1080p a GTX 770 is more than enough and can run even a game like Crysis 3, which is a bit extreme example here:

^Mind you AA is the most taxing feature of Crysis 3 which isn't being used right now in this benchmark.

@OP: 2GB is more than enough in most games. These days games like Hitman Absolution and some other games can go over it, but only when running them on extreme. 4GB of VRAM is mainly for multi monitor gaming. Which is expensive business and in those cases people usually pick this GTX 770 and then SLI it. Mind you in SLI 2 GPU power is combined by keeping the same 4GB VRAM where the other 4GB is just mirrored.
    Last edited by Ishan; February 17, 2014 at 07:37 AM.

oh my bad then,
    u looks like a guy who can guarantee a cheap but not lame hardware, so i have 1 question :
    im about to buy new graphics card, can you give me some graphic card reccomendation to be able playing shogun 2 total war in maxed out with locked 60FPS in huge army?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jeongbun View Post
    oh my bad then,
    u looks like a guy who can guarantee a cheap but not lame hardware, so i have 1 question :
    im about to buy new graphics card, can you give me some graphic card reccomendation to be able playing shogun 2 total war in maxed out with locked 60FPS in huge army?
    What's your processor? Since generally in TW games the performance bottleneck is our CPU. And what's your resolution? 1920x1080? For 1080p R9 280x and GTX 770 can run it on ultra settings quite easily:

An old bench but notice that both GTX 680 and 7970 are giving an average fps of 60. GTX 770 is same as GTX 680 only slightly better and new R9 280x is 7970 GHz edition card, only slightly better. With an ENB profile you can turn off some taxing features like AA on it and have a very smooth playing experience on Shogun 2. These are stock versions and these days there are far better factory overclocked versions of 770 and R9 280x, like MSI's twin frozr edition and stuff.

R9 280X was around 300$ which was really pretty cool but due to bitcoin mining bollocks and high demand it's now expensive to about 120+ more dollars, so generally gamers are picking GTX 770 instead if they can find it cheaper.

Here you can see GTX 770 really pounding shogun 2:

If you're low on budget then you can pick GTX 760 for a cheaper price and lower your settings a bit to get 60+ fps in shogun 2. Although i wouldn't advise this since GTX 770 is also future proof for Rome 2 also:

Here R9 280x gives more performance than GTX 770, but that is mainly because 770 being used is a stock version. Otherwise they're nearly equal anyways.
    Last edited by Ishan; February 17, 2014 at 10:39 AM.