Thread: Attalid Bodyguards

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

Icon9 Attalid Bodyguards

Hey sorry to bother but i played in the imperial campgain and the attalids had no Hetairoi armored bodyguards just the normal ones (greek cavalry) compared to Ptomies and the Thracians please help

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Attalid Bodyguards

If I recall correctly, that was intentional to bring out some difference of Attalid compared to Seleucids. Though those decisions were made over 5 years ago. As for now, the development has been stopped, but you can always mod it yourself.

Attalids cant upgrade their general's bodyguards. It is factions feature Instead they can train all types of elephants, pikemen and even gastraphetes!

im still a noob T__T

Quote Originally Posted by unDa View Post
    Attalids cant upgrade their general's bodyguards. It is factions feature Instead they can train all types of elephants, pikemen and even gastraphetes!
    oh ok but are u gonna make a new version ?

mmm. I think balance of DTW is almost ideal. I guess that clone of Seleucid faction in Asia Minor are not really needed.

GeorgiBG's Avatar Miles

mmm. I think balance of DTW is almost ideal. I guess that clone of Seleucid faction in Asia Minor are not really needed.
    I agree with you. And the reason why the balance is good and the game is stbale are you! Also huge thanks to all the creators of DTW.

I agree with you. And the reason why the balance is good and the game is stbale are you!
    You should thanks RedFox, not me. I am just a unit cards creator.
    Last edited by unDa; January 06, 2014 at 05:04 AM.

In the imperial campaign where can be recluted the attalids cataphracts? And the tessalian mercenary cavalry? Sorry for my poor english

Quote Originally Posted by Dubiduwa
    In the imperial campaign where can be recluted the attalids cataphracts? And the tessalian mercenary cavalry?
    you can use those cataphracts inly in custom battles. Its only my experiment
    Oh, i forgot about thessalians! In the next patch i will fix this bug. They will be recruiting in the Thessalia.
    PS: my english is bad too.

Great thanks

you can use those cataphracts inly in custom battles. Its only my experiment
    Oh, i forgot about thessalians! In the next patch i will fix this bug. They will be recruiting in the Thessalia.
    PS: my english is bad too.
    you really gonna make a new patch ?

Yes. At this weekend i shall release cumulative 1.22c patch with some fixes (missing textures and incorrect unit cards for elephants).
    Last edited by unDa; January 16, 2014 at 12:29 AM.

unDa: Make sure to grab all the changes from SVN, too. I believe I made some tweaks that weren't released quite some time ago.

ok

|*) Download Cumulative Patch v1.23 (*|
    -) A substantial amount of missing unit cards fixed
    -) Numerous missing textures fixed
    -) Huge unit stat and cost rebalancing accross all factions
    -) Unit formation depths updated to avoid wide formations when playing on Huge unit sizes
    -) Reduced insane AI money bonus to enable crippling their economy. If the AI coffers run negative, they only get +3000 bonus to get them out of recession.
    -) Reduced AI nation wide recruits experience bonus from 3 to 1. When stacked with temples, this gave the AI an unfair edge in unit experience.
    -) AI Unit Quality options in the installer:
    * Default Bonuses +1: (+1exp, +1wep, +1arm, +1mor)
    * Remove Bonuses 0
    * Hard Bonuses +3: (+3exp, +1wep, +2arm, +2mor)
    * Insane Bonuses +5: (+5exp, +2wep, +2arm, +3mor)
    -) Fixed independent Greeks AI formations, which used to be barbarian instead of Hellenic.
    -) Diplomats now spread your culture and are available from third tier settlements. -- Experimental feature.

Additional Notes:

-) Patch v1.23 is cumulative, so it includes all the hotfixes and patches since v1.20. You only need this patch and nothing else to get everything patched.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    |*) Download Cumulative Patch v1.23 (*|
    -) A substantial amount of missing unit cards fixed
    -) Numerous missing textures fixed
    -) Huge unit stat and cost rebalancing accross all factions
    -) Unit formation depths updated to avoid wide formations when playing on Huge unit sizes
    -) Reduced insane AI money bonus to enable crippling their economy. If the AI coffers run negative, they only get +3000 bonus to get them out of recession.
    -) Reduced AI nation wide recruits experience bonus from 3 to 1. When stacked with temples, this gave the AI an unfair edge in unit experience.
    -) AI Unit Quality options in the installer:
    * Default Bonuses +1: (+1exp, +1wep, +1arm, +1mor)
    * Remove Bonuses 0
    * Hard Bonuses +3: (+3exp, +1wep, +2arm, +2mor)
    * Insane Bonuses +5: (+5exp, +2wep, +2arm, +3mor)
    -) Fixed independent Greeks AI formations, which used to be barbarian instead of Hellenic.
    -) Diplomats now spread your culture and are available from third tier settlements. -- Experimental feature.

Additional Notes:

-) Patch v1.23 is cumulative, so it includes all the hotfixes and patches since v1.20. You only need this patch and nothing else to get everything patched.

its even better +rep guys u ROCK !!