Thread: major deficiences of game

Default major deficiences of game

playing as sun ce on H/H

have all taxes on low and still have over 100,000 gold by turn 6 and why am i recieving 4000 from kings purse
    diplomacy is messed up , constant ally , betray, random attacks, etc

i dont know if these issues will be fixed with the patch that was rumored to come out on newsyear or around it but i love the mod
    Last edited by Sigmar Heldenhamer; December 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: major deficiences of game

Can you give some more info?

Did you have vassals?
    Who was your ally that betrayed you?
    What was their relationship status (friendly, cordial, etc.) with you?

I can't really comment on the issues you are having, because I have not had them myself.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Sun Ce
    H/H
    no vassals
    allied with purple faction to left of starting position
    taxes on low
    no money buildings built
    3 full stacks of army
    still gaining 100000 buy turn 6

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar Heldenhamer View Post
    Sun Ce
    H/H
    no vassals
    allied with purple faction to left of starting position
    taxes on low
    no money buildings built
    3 full stacks of army
    still gaining 100000 buy turn 6
    Do you mind taking a screenshot of your trade scroll? It's hard to follow what you are saying (mind spell-checking before posting? always got that handy browser feature ). As to the allies betraying you, if they are larger/close than your own kingdom's size, or they have no other land to conquer besides yours, don't expect them to just sit there (I wouldn't sit there if it was me either ) We're still tracking down the causes of these, because there has been multiple reports of the opposite; stronger alliances, weak economy, etc. Hopefully, we will have it balanced right soon.

Last edited by Sigmar Heldenhamer; December 31, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

cant take pic of screen it jsut takes a picture of a black screen

Last edited by Sigmar Heldenhamer; January 01, 2014 at 10:35 AM.

ok here is one from my iphone

I can't view the image, only a blank icon appears. Did you use the [Print Screen] button on your keyboard?

(BTW, please consolidate if you have the ability to edit, there is no need to make 3 separate posts)

I cant use print screen cause when i hit the print screen button then go to paste it in paint like i am supposed to it only shows a black screen

I cant use print screen cause when i hit the print screen button then go to paste it in paint like i am supposed to it only shows a black screen
    Your screenshots will be in your SEGA/Medieval II Total War/tgas folder; you don't paste them to MS Paint

ok i got the TGA file but how do i put them in a message?

ok i think this is the pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	299340

ok i think this is the pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	299340
    The 160k you're getting is no surprise, due to your kingdom's current size. I think at-least half of that income is from conquering cities, while the money you get from taxes is due to the vast amount of cities you control. Since you get 9k each turn; (9k * 6) + 50k (from conquering cities) + base amount = roughly around 160k wuzhu. I'll see if I can replicate your situation there, and try to find the largest source of the income is coming from.

BTW, this is not a suggestion, it is a request and it is to be followed on these forums; Edit posts if you have the ability to, and consolidate your posts into one, there is no need to make multiple posts when the last post is also yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TBTWB
    (BTW, please consolidate if you have the ability to edit, there is no need to make 3 separate posts)

but what does not make sense is i have NOT developed any of my cities, so no markets or anything the only thing i built is roads, also its early in the game in turns so i should not have that much to early on , also i dont know how to consolidate posts, i just learned how to find screen shots and how to put them on this site, lol i will test this with other factions as well , it might just be sun ce

but what does not make sense is i have NOT developed any of my cities, so no markets or anything the only thing i built is roads, also its early in the game in turns so i should not have that much to early on , also i dont know how to consolidate posts, i just learned how to find screen shots and how to put them on this site, lol i will test this with other factions as well , it might just be sun ce
    The reason you have so much money is exactly because of what you said: You have not spent any money to develop your cities. If you also have not spent money to recruit units, then there is the issue. The economy in the version you are playing takes into account a player spending money to develop all of their cities, the recruitment of units, and the upkeep of several (eventual) large armies. I'm not sure about the next version, but at least in the following update the economy will see a lot of work done on it.

As far as consolidating posts, TBTWB doesn't mean to "merge" posts that you have already made. He means that if you make a post, instead of making another one right after it, you should click the "Edit Post" button and edit your existing post with whatever new information you want. So instead of making three consecutive posts, simply edit one post.

Just replayed the scenario as you described it, and found nothing wrong with the economy. Ended at turn 6 with 17k of wuzhu; annihilated Yangzhou and captured Chai Song and Yu, the same territory border as in your screenshot.

I geuss, still seems like a butt load of money, even after i start to spend it on buildings and units i keep getting more and more, i geuss i am used to other games where you only get a little money in the beginning and only enough for about one building per turn
    Last edited by Sigmar Heldenhamer; January 02, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

I geuss, still seems like a butt load of money, even after i start to spend it on buildings and units i keep getting more and more, i geuss i am used to other games where you only get a little money in the beginning and only enough for about one building per turn
    That is because in other mods, you start out with a small amount of cities (due to map size). Our mod covers only China, so we are able to put more cities in.

ok