Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reduced AI agent usage

Foederatus

Default Reduced AI agent usage

I've been suffering from a bad case of agent spam in my Caesar in Gaul campaign so I put together this little mod which reduces the AI's agent budget to zero.

This means that the AI can still have agents but it can't spend any money on preforming actions. Therefore all they can do is deploy their agents.

I may create another version with a small but non-zero budget if people want it.

Get it here:
    http://speedy.sh/X9kST/reduced-ai-agent-budget.pack

Or on steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=210070083

Default Re: Reduced AI agent usage

beauty. I hate all the annoying agents. I can live with one or two here and there but when the enemy has every agent maxed out and attacking one settlement over and over its annoying lol
    thanks a million

Thanks a lot for that. I played as rome on hard in cig, and that huge amount of attacks on me was unbearable. Every turn they commited about 20 action against me. They were ruining me.
    And how AI agents budget differs from that normal one? For example if ai has 5000 in normal budget, 1000 from that is determined for agent's actions?
    How did you find that ai has any agent budget??

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Nice work. It doesn't seem to be crippling every campaign, but this is generally a game-breaking lack of testing/balancing about half the campaigns I play. It really makes a difference what faction you play and who you end up going to war with for this to be more than annoying.

I'm sure many would like to see a minimum budget so that the AI could have the funds to be able to attempt 1 action per turn. I would rather the success chances be totally nerfed, but this seems like a good workaround.

Awesome. I would really appreciate the "little budget" version of this mod.

Nice work, I like the concept of adjusting the agents AI expenditure, i've tried it with mixed results as well as doubling the cost of agents. However, the best suggestion I've seen is above in adjusting the success rolls. Alternately I also want to adjust the wound time, so if an agent yours or theirs gets wounded he's out of commission for a while.

Thanks so much for this, now I can totally ignore my spy's and concentrate on Champions & Dignitaries for military training and religious conversion rather than having one woman take out 500 men with a pouch of poison

Something I've done now which I'm liking till I can find the wound properties and extend them is doubling the counter_spy abilities. I'm having a lot of success with that, forces me to keep my spies at home but seems realistic and fun so far.

is this save game compatible?

yes all changes to that file are backwards compatible. shouldn't bork anything.

Foederatus

I've updated the mod! There are now two versions. The one linked in the original post now only reduces the agent budget. Go here for the version which cuts it to zero:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=215783584

I cannot tell you how happy I am that I found this mod. The agent spam in CiG was the reason I stopped playing it since it made the game completely unplayable for me.

ElementUK's Avatar Miles

why the heck do we need to use out steam account just to get a tiny mod? Fed up with having to redo the password every time. please put it somewhere else.
    Last edited by ElementUK; April 06, 2014 at 06:55 AM.
    "Nuke the Site from orbit - Only way to be sure"!

Quote Originally Posted by ElementUK View Post
    why the heck do we need to use out steam account just to get a tiny mod? Fed up with having to redo the password every time. please put it somewhere else.
    Because you need to use your steam account to play the game anyways...?

14182's Avatar Miles

The AI agents are more passive with this mod. Well done! Thank you very much

Can anybody say if this mod works?

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Vilkas09 View Post
    Can anybody say if this mod works?
    Yes, I am still using the mod and it works. Each not-so-large AI faction performs only one agent action per turn.
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I need to try this, the AI is cheating with agents in a way rarely seen before in the previous titles! So, thanks!

First off, a much needed mod! That said, can you update this to patch 16.1? I've narrowed it down to your mod keeping me from getting Rome II to start. And of course, if I remove it, I can't start my 100 hour plus save game.

Thanks!
    IBRR Fanatic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast