Thread: [Submod] DeI - 12tpy 0.2v NEED TESTERS

Default [Submod] DeI - 12tpy 0.2v NEED TESTERS

Introduction

Hello, this is my first mod for any TW game. Its aim is to overhaul the Divide et Impera overhaul mod so it could be played on 12tpy without being boring, dull and unrealistic. It's currently at alpha state and it is released for those who just want 12tpy with increased research, build times.

DOWNLOAD 0.2v (Note: this contains older main DeI 0.6i version, which was released on 29/12/13)

Current features:

• 12turns per year, obviously.
    • Building time, costs, technology, settlement growth, unit recruitment time and movement range adjustments.
    • Rebalanced forced march stance.

To Do list:
    • Overhaul the economy, buildings etc. to make sense in 12tpy.
    • Add faction events and some other possible stuff so player would have something to do with long research, build times.
    • Rebalance agents.
    • Rebalance unit recruitment, replenishment, etc.*
    • Rebalance seasonal effects.
    • Can't think of more, atm.

*I probably won't change the movement range of land units, as of now it takes whole year to force march from Rome to Athens, which seems maybe even too long for me. I would love to hear your opinions on this. Note: bring your sources

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Increased starting money of all factions by 3-4times, because of increased building and agent costs.
    Increased agent recruitment cost 4times.
    All agent line of sight decreased by 2 to force them move around.
    Increased unit recruitment time 2times.
    Increased settlement growth time.
    Decreased unit movement range by ~55%.
    Forced march stance now increases movement points by 265%, instead of 100%.
    Forced march stance now greatly decreases line of sight of the army.
    Forced march stance now reduces morale by 15%.

Last edited by Ritmas; December 30, 2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: new version

Default Re: [Submod] DeI - 12tpy 0.1

Installation:

Just put it in your
    Rome2 data folder like any regular mod and enable it via mod manager but load this mod before DeI.

Compitability:

This mod is NOT compitable with "
    historically plausible development minimod" or "Harder economy submod", though I might atleast partially integrate it in the future.

Last edited by Ritmas; December 29, 2013 at 01:38 PM.

Will look into it when further developed, keep at it man +rep

Thank you for this! I look forward to seeing what will come of this mod.

Default Re: [Submod] DeI - 12tpy 0.2v NEED TESTERS

Updated to 0.2v, changelog will be updated in 1st post.
    Guys, I will really need feedback on these changes.

Downloading it now!

edit: It appears to be crashing on start up. I can't get passed the first screen.
    Last edited by Cidalsleepwalker; December 29, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidalsleepwalker View Post
    Downloading it now!

edit: It appears to be crashing on start up. I can't get passed the first screen.
    Works well for me. Maybe it has something to do with patches. It was made on 8.0. Are you using 8.1 or any other mods?
    Last edited by Ritmas; December 30, 2013 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    Works well for me. Maybe it has something to do with patches. It was made on 8.0. Are you using 8.1 or any other mods?
    I'm not signed up for the beta patch, and 0.1 worked fine for me. I tried disabling everything except DeI but it still locked up. Any ideas what I can try to fix it?

I'm not signed up for the beta patch, and 0.1 worked fine for me. I tried disabling everything except DeI but it still locked up. Any ideas what I can try to fix it?
    Hmm... Strange, I even didn't change anything that could possibly cause crashes. Have you tried redownloading, maybe your download got corrupted or something. Can anyone else report if it crashes or not, please?

I'll try downloading again and let you know.

edit: I redownloaded, still crashed. So I tried disabling all mods again except DeI and 12 TPY, still crashed. Tried cleaning out the AppData folder and only using DeI/12 TPY and still crashed. I don't know what else to try.
    Last edited by Cidalsleepwalker; December 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

I can confirm crash on startup. With 8.0 and 8.1 I get crash.
    The mods I am using are:
    - GEM
    - BullGod Unit Card
    - Beautiful Water III

Don't think those should have any impact. Atleast that's what my Mod Manager says.

Well that's rather strange, because it works for me. And I can't do nothing, but guess what might cuase the ctd and upload random versions for someone to test it out. :/

EDIT: DeI team did a sneaky update or something as I have 0.6i with older modification date than their current uploaded mod, and now I downloaded that newer one and my game also crashes. I am going to upload their old version(if the team doesn't mind) that worked with my 0.2.
    Last edited by Ritmas; December 30, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmas View Post
    Well that's rather strange, because it works for me. And I can't do nothing, but guess what might cuase the ctd and upload random versions for someone to test it out. :/

EDIT: DeI team did a sneaky update or something as I have 0.6i with older modification date than their current uploaded mod, and now I downloaded that newer one and my game also crashes. I am going upload their old version(if the team doesn't mind) that worked with my 0.2.
    Just for the sake of making sure I understand, does that mean you just need to update it to work with the newest DeI?

Just for the sake of making sure I understand, does that mean you just need to update it to work with the newest DeI?
    Yeah.
    But now I am just uploading their older version that works with my 0.2v, don't worry you won't be losing any features of 0.6i. So I probably will work on new version when DeI team will release new stable major version, because it's tiresome db updating work.

Also, happy new years everyone.

EDIT: And here it is.
    Last edited by Ritmas; December 30, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

Seems like an interesting mod, But it being 12tpy would cause conflict with a lot of things in Dei, Such as TTT because it is tied to tpy already, Will keep my eye on this mod though and when I know it is balanced then I will try it out....

I didn't seem to have any problems with TTT